Iran runs off carrier? - Page 3

Iran runs off carrier?

This is a discussion on Iran runs off carrier? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by WD54241 Well the last time The Iranian Navy tangled with our Navy it ended rather poorly for the Iranians. The Iranians should ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Iran runs off carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Well the last time The Iranian Navy tangled with our Navy it ended rather poorly for the Iranians.
    The Iranians should they mine international seaways would be very sorry and I mean very sorry. If they even think of attacking our carrier surrounded by a it's task force would generate a massive retaliatory strike the likes of which we have never seen in our life time! They may be dumb but they are not stupid! It's going to explode at some point when is the question?

I'm so sick and tired of Iran and there 3rd century mentality! They really think there a player! They are no where ready for prime time! They are not even ready for romper room! I hope they remember theres a lot of people over here that remember that hostage crisis in 1980... Having served in the Corp and saw how they displayed our dead left in the desert after the rescue attempt! I'd like nothing more than to once and for all settle the score!
    Well said. Amen.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Problem is that everyone here has assumes that the current administration has the resolve and the guts to reduce Iran to green glass. After the past three years, I'm skeptical. One carrier has the power to take out the entire country of Iran - it doesn't even need the support Task Force. But that single carrier has to be given the "go" by a gutless CINC who would rather kowtow to any foreign nation than to establish US supremecy. Regardless of what the talking heads say it was SEAL Team 6 that eliminated OBL - not "us" or "me." All the braying in the world doesn't change that, and all the posturing in the world does not chastise Iran. Just sayin'
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

So the big question in my mind is how many DF-21s have the Chinese sold to Iran? I would venture to say enough to make them cocky. This could prove to be their first operational test.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So the big question in my mind is how many DF-21s have the Chinese sold to Iran? I would venture to say enough to make them cocky. This could prove to be their first operational test.
    They are cocky but their timing is very poor. The USA, Israel, most of the rest of the Middle East and much of Europe need Iran and their Nuclear program taken down. A wrong move on their part could be suicidal for them. Too much provocation just could serve to answer to everyone's satisfaction the questions of "should we or should we not". You have to wonder what their leaders are using for brains.

As satisfying as it might be to body slam Iran.....do we really want to own and manage another 3rd world country for the next 10 years! I would rather keep some of my tax dollars and all of our troops here.
    Remember...it isn't over when the smoke clears. The rest of the world expects us to rebuild the countries we destroy.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Iran is working toward their ultimate goal, war. America foolishly, fails to recognize this, and does not have the resolve to initiate a first strike. Ultimately, our country will pay a horrible price for this.
    I agree it war they are after! We are in the year that the world is supposed to end. If you beleive that or not it dosent matter fact is our enemys are making progress to destroy us and our silly ass presedent is doing nothing. Even worse its an election year and he will ***** foot around and make no hard decisions when it comes to war because of just that fact alone! We are screwed!!!

I agree.............we have given them time to arms themselves and now we bear the brunt of their threats.
    IMO..........Isreal will most lilely be the first to take any action against they're Nuc. facilities although if they proceed with a threat against our 5th Fleet..........It's On.

The Iranian Government is itching for a fight, all they need is an "excuse" to start it. The nutcase they have for a leader and their violent religious belief will be what makes it happen. Typically the basic Iranian could care less about what happens outside of their borders. They are more concerned with life in general.

Ahmadinejad is a really loose cannon pardon the pun. He believes that if they start a war, it will usher in some kind of Islamic thing told about years ago. He also wants to attack Israel to destroy it. This guy is the biggest whackjob on the planet. They should have got him when he came to the United Nations in NYC to spout out his hatred for everything in the very country he hates. Honestly, he is worse than the weirdo running North Korea at the moment.

Attacking us first however might not be the best of strategy. He should review the video of Baghdad in '03 when we sent our Military there to say "hello." Iraq had not even made a move and we totally wiped out Hussien's ability to wage war.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Attacking us first however might not be the best of strategy.
    Even the nut cases in Iran have to know that. They will not attack us. It's simple saber rattling. They might however be crazy enough to try to close the Strait of Hormuz which could be the end of them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    As satisfying as it might be to body slam Iran.....do we really want to own and manage another 3rd world country for the next 10 years! I would rather keep some of my tax dollars and all of our troops here.
    Remember...it isn't over when the smoke clears. The rest of the world expects us to rebuild the countries we destroy.
    I don't really care what the rest of the world expects us to do. And it should be over when the smoke clears with the warning: "Don't do it again or you will pay the same price again! Now rebuild your own county's infrastructure (not an offensive military!) with your own money, and play nice. Or we will be back!"
    Divebum47 likes this.

I
    With Iran, I personnaly am a proponent of the glass parking lot idea.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I saw a one page cartoon back in the early nineties where in the top half panel, an Iraqi was riding his camel, waving a sword and shouting, "Holy war!". In the bottom panel, the camel was running the other way with both it's and its rider's eyes wide with terror while they are being chased by a guy in a fighter plane, and shouting holy something else. Unfortunately, Google images is not finding it or I would post a link.

Personally, my opinion is that if this turns to military action that the military be unleashed with full prejudice and as a military force, not a police force. Following the action, I agree with the "rebuild your own country, with your own money and don't do it again." Yes, civilians will die. But they did in WW2, which seems to be about the last time the military was used as a force of war, rather than international law enforcement. The turn the place to glass attitude doesn't bother me one bit.

If they fire a missle.... in particular a nuke at Israel .... I would put an end to it very quickly. No boots on the ground. War is war, you can't fight a PC war. It is about destroying the other guys ability to fight and making sure it's their people who die and not yours. Nor is any weapons system a determent, if they are sure you will never use it.

If they shot a missle at a ship..... history would read : Hiroshima, Nagasaki & Tehran..... are places that nuclear weapons were used by the US after being attacked by another country.

If they shoot nukes @ Israel.... it only takes one sub, 24 missles... each with mutiple warheads, and there would be no Iran. I would take a stance with Iran, we do not plan to put any boots on the ground if you want to start a war and start shooting missles. Having a navy, will be the least of their concerns. And mean it.

Don't start a fight with a stick, when the other guy is aiming a TOW missle. I don't think they would be reluctant to use a nuke, and are sure we wouldn't. I think we need to alter that viewpoint. I have the feeling, it would only take "once".
    HotGuns likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I would like to bring something to their attention,a little thing called Embassy Hostages in 1979,There are probably more than a few people that would love to get a little payback.It also shows that a Strong President can give them a different outlook,While Carter was POTUS they thumbed their noses at the USA,First Day Reagan took over they couldn't send them home fast enough
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by gunther71 View Post
    Iran runs off carrier?
    That was a misinterpretation, they actually said "Iran runs from carrier."
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links