Iran runs off carrier?

Iran runs off carrier?

This is a discussion on Iran runs off carrier? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; you gotta be kidding me, "Iran will not repeat its warning ... the enemy's carrier has been moved to the Sea of Oman because of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Iran runs off carrier?

Iran runs off carrier?

you gotta be kidding me,"Iran will not repeat its warning ... the enemy's carrier has been moved to the Sea of Oman because of our drill," Iran Army chief Ataollah Salehi said Tuesday, Reuters reported. "I advise, recommend and warn them over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once." end quoteheres the story> Pentagon pushes back on Iranian warnings to U.S. aircraft carrier | The Envoy - Yahoo! News

The Aircraft Carrier, typically "docks" in the Persian Gulf...... they were warning and telling them to NOT RETURN to the Persian Gulf at all... nor it's typical docking location. It will be ignored, I would hope.... with support that any attack would be responded to with force.

Iran thinks now they have a missle, they can start shoving the US around..... they haven't heard of the EGIS systems and others that can take a missle out. Or .... some missles from ships that can go directly to the source of the launch and take it out permanently. Or, they believe Obama is a total wuss that they can push around and he won't do anything (may be true too).

A bill was passed by Congress & the Senate, and signed by Obama over Christmas.... that anyone doing business with the Iran Central Bank (which is anyone doing business with Iran, buying oil from them, etc. ) would and could be banned from doing any business with the USA or importing any goods into the USA until Iran stops it's nuclear program. Iran is throwing a temper tantrum as a result, because if other countries join the USA in that ban.... it would destroy the oil sales and Iran's entire economy.

U.S. Dismisses Iranian Warning Against Navy Carrier In Gulf | Fox News
    U.S. Dismisses Iranian Warning Against Navy Carrier in Gulf

The U.S. will not be deterred by an Iranian military leader's warning to keep an American carrier out of the Persian Gulf, a senior military official said Tuesday as the White House declared Iran's latest threat a sign of domestic troubles for Tehran's theocratic leadership.

The Navy will "certainly not disrupt any of its planned movements based on this latest threat," the U.S. official told Fox News, adding that Iran's threat to close the Strait of Hormuz or act outside recognized international law is "further evidence that Iran continues to operate outside the norms of most nations."

"The deployment of U.S. military assets in the Persian Gulf region will continue as it has for decades," added Commander Bill Speaks in the Office of the Secretary of Defense.

The response followed Iranian Army Chief Ataollah Salehi's warning Tuesday that "the enemy's carrier" not be allowed to return through the Gulf passage.

"I advise, recommend and warn them (the Americans) over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once," the semi-official Fars news agency reportedly stated.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Go ahead, take on the navy--see where it gets you.
    atctimmy and ExSoldier like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Well the last time The Iranian Navy tangled with our Navy it ended rather poorly for the Iranians.
    The Iranians should they mine international seaways would be very sorry and I mean very sorry. If they even think of attacking our carrier surrounded by a it's task force would generate a massive retaliatory strike the likes of which we have never seen in our life time! They may be dumb but they are not stupid! It's going to explode at some point when is the question?

I'm so sick and tired of Iran and there 3rd century mentality! They really think there a player! They are no where ready for prime time! They are not even ready for romper room! I hope they remember theres a lot of people over here that remember that hostage crisis in 1980... Having served in the Corp and saw how they displayed our dead left in the desert after the rescue attempt! I'd like nothing more than to once and for all settle the score!
    Last edited by WD54241; January 3rd, 2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added

Lock n load ...... Iran be prepared to back up what you say, as it is just going to antagonize the US
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Deja vu It is like when they deployed Silkworm missiles and speed boats during the Iran-Iraq war. If my memory has not totally failed Iran came up a few oil rigs short and in the market for new boats.
    WD54241 and Guest1 like this.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

It's Time to Open A Can Of Whoop Azz................IMO
    RETSUPT99 and swiftyjuan like this.

Just a bluff. They must know that a foolish move on their part would simply provide enough justification for us to do what we need to do anyway. They can't be that suicidal. It would be an excellent opportunity for us to set back that nuclear weapons ambition of theirs by a few decades.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Senior Moderator

Mess with a Carrier Task Force and see how far that gets you.

I have been there,done that. 1979-1980
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Iran is a punk kid who stays on other side of the street and mouths off.

VIP Member
    I wonder how many new artificial reefs will be created from Iran’s former navy if they decide to get a little antsy??
    ExSoldier and 64zebra like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Anchors aweigh.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Iran is working toward their ultimate goal, war. America foolishly, fails to recognize this, and does not have the resolve to initiate a first strike. Ultimately, our country will pay a horrible price for this.

It is actually called the Aegis System, but yes very effective. A single ship can engage multiple targets. We have sadly reduced our naval forces, which normally means fewer ships in any region at any given time. Remember having to redirect ships in order to have enough units for Libya? We did not have sufficient forces available in the Med for pitiful Libya for goodness sake! We used to maintain a full Carrier Battle Group and Marine Amphibious Group at all times in the Mediterranean. Even given this environment, there is no standing navy so large and powerful as ours. Should Iran be so stupid as to actually attack a U.S. Navy vessel, we have the capability to make them very sorry. The one "if" is the CINC. Does he have what it takes to be a leader of the military in an actual crisis? I have not seen that yet. At nearly every turn he has ignored the advice of the military leadership either completely or at vast reduction of the recommended actions.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I hope it's televised in HD when we rain H E L L down on them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links