TSA defends cupcake confiscation

This is a discussion on TSA defends cupcake confiscation within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; TSA defends cupcake confiscation - CNN.com Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous. The TSA is abritrary in its own screening of things: "Semantics aside, the ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By suntzu
  • 3 Post By ArkhmAsylm
  • 1 Post By jumpwing
  • 1 Post By sdprof
  • 4 Post By HotGuns
  • 3 Post By Jpeetz

Thread: TSA defends cupcake confiscation

TSA defends cupcake confiscation - CNN.com

Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous. The TSA is abritrary in its own screening of things:
    "Semantics aside, the TSA's bottom line: "You can bring cakes, pies and cupcakes through the security checkpoint, but you should expect that they might get some additional screening, and if something doesn't seem right, there is always the potential you won't be able to take it through.""

So I have to guess what kinda mood a TSA screener is in? Anybody else feels like this?
    WD54241 and SIGguy229 like this.

Department of homeland security really needs to take a few "well maybe a lot" of lessons from the Israelis on airport security.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Maybe I'll carry a jar of feces the next time I fly. The TSA should surely feel some level of kinship with the jar in this case.
    jumpwing, msgt/ret and CaptSmith like this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Maybe I'll carry a jar of feces the next time I fly. The TSA should surely feel some level of kinship with the jar in this case.
    Judging by their past operating procedures, it will be declared "biologically hazardous material" which you are attempting to transport without proper paperwork and you can expect to do federal time for it. Mark my words.
    suntzu likes this.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

My wife decorates cakes for a living like the reality tv shows. She has sent several cakes through LV without issues. The TSA must have been hankering for some sweets. :D
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

I would like to think that were I in the position of the traveler, when TSA says I can't take the cupcake, I'd just sit there on the floor and start eating it. Block up traffic till I was done.

"There, what cupcake?"
    msgt/ret likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

So they take "harmful yet delicious looking" cupcakes away but allows a passenger toting a foot long screwdriver/tool kit in a carry on bag with no hiccups what-so-ever (Un-related but real life experience)?

I've carried several weapons on a plane. A metal cane in my carry on, disassembled, a AAA battery maglight on my belt, a 12" metal ruler (old style, not the flimsy new ones). I did ship a knife card ahead though using the US mail. This was in 2003.

You couldn't carry feces, but watch 'The Help' for ideas, lol. (JUST kidding!!).

Senior Moderator
    Perhaps the next time one should cook the cupcakes with enough poppy seeds to see who fails the next required Urinalysis.

That could be comical trying to figure out why they flunked the test.
    babarock, sdprof, GM and 1 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Perhaps the next time one should cook the cupcakes with enough poppy seeds to see who fails the next required Urinalysis.

That could be comical trying to figure out why they flunked the test.
    I was thinking about Castor oil, but your idea is much better
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Administrator
    Why not go all the way?

Poppy Seed Castor Oil Cupcakes with EX-LAX Chocolate Icing.

I for one see some hope in this recent turn at the TSA, I am not dissapointed for one minut at the shift of priorities from molestation, seniors diaper checks, 6 year old pat downs, and public strip searches to a pinpoint effort to disrupt the very real terrist cupcake plot designed to take over our country. I for one would like to take a moment to thank the TSA for making my asociation with this govt we live under seem all that much stupider. So Mr. demented, perverted, half-whit TSA dude... this buds for you...
    JDE101, CowboyColby and suntzu like this.
    Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
    but in opposition to what we know of Nature.

St. Augustine

Links