USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble

This is a discussion on USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As far as I'm concerned, regardless of whether or not these enemies deserved to have their corpses urinated upon, these Marines have failed to follow ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble

As far as I'm concerned, regardless of whether or not these enemies deserved to have their corpses urinated upon, these Marines have failed to follow orders and good common sense. They have brought disgrace to themselves, to the American military, and dishonor to the Marine Corps. Even if the argument could be made that this was a justifiable action it undermines the values of the American warrior and especially the Marine Corps.

Only my .02 cents. Never served but have close family who are Marines and soldiers.

2. Remove Ads

IMO...............they didn't drink enough water.
    NYCrulesU and paching like this.

I think thats its a hoot that those opposed to whizzing on some corpses can be offended by the act, yet not seem to be affected by the dead corpses laying in the street.

It just goes to show how sick this society of ours has become.
    CaptSmith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Recently a video hit the internet that seems to show four USMC snipers urinating on bodies of enemy personnel. The USMC will investigate.

Marines Probe Video Depicting Urination on Corpses in Afghanistan

Metro - VIDEO: U.S. Marines urinate on corpses
    With prior experience as a recon sniper and seeing how sta platoons operate,
    My guess is only one of these Marines are an actual qualified mos sniper and the highest rank is corporal.
    Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    I must be in the minority, and that's ok. Just to address what I personally teach my children...

While I teach my children about love, respect, discipline...and show them by example....I also teach them with equal resolution the cold hard facts of life. Life is tough, people are mean. You have to be even more mean (at certain times) to survive and to come out on top.

I have two daughters. If I accomplish my goal...neither will ever be a victim.

I am a combat vet, LEO, 2nd degree black belt in Aikido. As I said before, while I may pass for "Joe Normal"...I know how harsh this world is and what it takes to survive and what it will take to survive the coming decades.

Both of my daughters will be black belts by 9. Both will be proficiently trained in handguns and rifles by 13. I guess not many others would teach their 4 year old the "alternate" use for a #2 pencil if a stranger approaches her when mommy & daddy aren't around. When she gets to grade school and starts using pens I will teach her the effectiveness of a Bic to the jugular.

So in short...would I teach my children it is ok to piss on the enemy in war? Yes. There is no room for weakness in this world. It takes a balance of compassion and cruelty to survive.
    So...where do you and others that think this is ok draw the line? Should we rape their wives and pillage their villages as well. I vould see that might be a good stress reliever too for our troops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    nlghthawk likes this.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    So in short...would I teach my children it is ok to piss on the enemy in war? Yes. There is no room for weakness in this world. It takes a balance of compassion and cruelty to survive.
    - So after all the training you're giving your children, you'd teach them that it was OK to let down their situational awareness to urinate on a dead body?
    Erick46590 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
    I think that's its a hoot that those opposed to whizzing on some corpses can be offended by the act, yet not seem to be affected by the dead corpses laying in the street.

It just goes to show how sick this society of ours has become.
    I wasn't "offended" by the whizzing of the corpses. It doesn't make me sick. It bothers me that Marines, American Marines, would stoop to such childish antics.

The dead bodies in the streets? Where else would they be? That is where they died. I am sure the bodies were soon removed and placed somewhere else. Is this not the norm in most cases?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    So...where do you and others that think this is ok draw the line? Should we rape their wives and pillage their villages as well. I vould see that might be a good stress reliever too for our troops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I never said it was "ok". I said I don't have a problem with it. More or less an "I don't care, doesn't bother me" outlook. Then again...there are a LOT of things in this world that don't bother me.

Apples and oranges...but my anaology that just popped into my head....

I wake up to see police, fire engines and "amberlamps" (let's see who gets it lol) crowding my street. Find out a neighbor went nutso and brutally murdered his toddler children, wife and then himself....but not before setting the house on fire.

I now know what happened. I assess the immediate danger, or lack of, to my family....and go back to bed. Not a big deal in my book...so won't lose a seconds sleep over it.

Jump to the topic....Marine snipers take out a few bad guys and then urinate on their dead bodies. So what? Read it, acknowledge it and move on. Not a big deal in my book.

It is my humble opinion that there far too many soft skinned, weak willed bleeding hearts currently in this country and our society. That is to include this forum. Most of you wouldn't have the freedom to sit around in your posh homes, with tour posh vehicles playing with your guns if it weren't for the rest of us that have the ability to flip the "off" switch and do the unthinkable things that you comfortably sit and debate about. So long as those four men in that picture come home safely and not in a box...that's all I care about. Whatever they do until then is between them and their maker. So long as they can live with thwir actions, so can I.

Only idiot I see is the pansy that "annonomously" posted the vid. He's the one that should be court martialed for taking the incident out of house.
    CaptSmith, WD54241 and Beans like this.

It's just a golden shower, It's not like they stuffed their mouths with sausage directly hehe.. although posting it was a dumb idea I can't be offended, It's not like the taliban walks around with cameras documenting everything
    NYCrulesU and Beans like this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Basically there are two camps. Folks that think it was wrong (understandable but not excusable)what they did and others that feel it is OK (condones what they did). Those are two generalizations. But unless I missed someones post that articulated this: nobody has brought up the real culprit--the US Government. They are the ones that put these Marines there knowing that atrocities will happen when people are put in combat situations. And the Government will punish them under the UCMJ. Is there not something wrong that?
    If a parent gives a 5 year old a loaded pistol, gives him instructions on safety and what to do and what not to do. Leaves the kid a lone and the kid shoots himself or somebody else, then the parent is responsible and punished, not the child. A crude analogy at best I admit. Now compare that to war atrocities. The Government trains the service members on what to do and what not to do. Put them in a situation where the government KNOWS that atrocities will happen because of the stress of war, and they wipe there hands clean and will punish the marines in this case.
    Beans and Erick46590 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Recently a video hit the internet that seems to show four USMC snipers urinating on bodies of enemy personnel. The USMC will investigate.
    If I were assigned to investigate this I would not be able to find any of them. My findings would show that it never happened, that it was photo shopped.
    Beans and Erick46590 like this.

Stuff happens.
    I for one are thankful that cell phone cameras were not avaiable during the Viet Nam war. Out of sight out of mind.

For those of you that have posted their feeling and have never "seen the elephant': FYI COMBAT IS FAR MORE STRESSFUL then sitting behind Xbox, in a movie theater watching a on screen battle, or even being in the AO and never leaving the wire.

No you cannot not imagine the stress or the adrenaline dump that can occur when it becomes personal and you are what seems to be, to you, the center of their attention.

A Toast:

To those that went
    To those that didn't
    To those that came home
    and remembering those that didn't

Semper Fi
    suntzu, wmhawth, good2go and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Stuff happens.
    I for one are thankful that cell phone cameras were not avaiable during the Viet Nam war. Out of sight out of mind.

For those of you that have posted their feeling and have never "seen the elephant': FYI COMBAT IS FAR MORE STRESSFUL then sitting behind Xbox, in a movie theater watching a on screen battle, or even being in the AO and never leaving the wire.

No you cannot not imagine the stress or the adrenaline dump that can occur when it becomes personal and you are what seems to be, to you, the center of their attention.

A Toast:

To those that went
    To those that didn't
    To those that came home
    and remembering those that didn't

Semper Fi
    I agree 100 percent. This is not a scenario. If someone has not experienced certain events they can not really articulate how they would really feel. My wife and I talked about this and she said that for me to explain it is like her trying to explain child birth (from conception to carrying the baby to birth).

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

mel
    Was it an error in judgement? Probably.

Was the video an error in judgement? You bet.

Does anyone know the context? I don't and we probably haven't heard the whole story.

As for inciting others to treat our soldiers worse, I don't think they can be treated much worse as than they are being treated now.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post

As for inciting others to treat our soldiers worse, I don't think they can be treated much worse as than they are being treated now.
    Explain if can please

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links