USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble

This is a discussion on USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rm3482 These men give their lives for our freedom and were more worried about the terrorists on the ground. Like I said ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by rm3482 View Post
    These men give their lives for our freedom and were more worried about the terrorists on the ground. Like I said disgusting!!
    How is still being in Afghanistan protecting our freedom? Can you answer that? 10 years ago yes. Not now. But if you have the answer let me know.
    The last i could figure the Taliban has zero chance of attacking the US

2. Remove Ads

That's up to the commander but these men still said "I will die for you"!!

That's up to the commander but these men still said "I will die for you"!!
    I will listen to informed opinions even if I disagree with them. I don't like cliches. If you make a statement that they are defending our freedom then have the courtesy of an intelligent response. But you can not. Ya know, I ask that all the time and as of yet nobody can give me an answer. Our barders are not threatened, Al Queda has been dismantled for the most part and the Taliban has no means of harming anyone. So I ask again, can you answer it.
    rstickle likes this.

I don't receive the daily Intel reports but I know we have a anti war president who does and he feels it is necessary to have the troop presence we do. I'm not here to debate war or no war I'm just here to support the men who say yes and say that I am disgusted with everyone who is so quick to shake their finger at our troops and beat their chest as if their better. We are fine with them pulling the trigger and blowing the enemies brains out but are against urine.

I don't receive the daily Intel reports but I know we have a anti war president who does and he feels it is necessary to have the troop presence we do. I'm not here to debate war or no war I'm just here to support the men who say yes and say that I am disgusted with everyone who is so quick to shake their finger at our troops and beat their chest as if their better. We are fine with them pulling the trigger and blowing the enemies brains out but are against urine.
    I am done with ya. If you do not know if we should be at war with somebody then..................I will just leave it at that. If you are supporting the troops without knowing why they are there..........I will just leave it at that. It is sad when citizens of this country can argue/debate about things but can not get to the root cause. I respect somebody that has an opinion on an important issue and is informed. You don't have to see daily intel reports. How can the Taliban with no standing army, no AF, no navy, no alliess (maybe al queda), no real infra structure be a threat to our FREEDOM? And you sir are the one that brought it up, not I.

Why is this a BIG issue, I don't really understand. The enemy can hang our troops, drag their bodies & mutilate them, & decapitate heads, AND this MAKES NEWS???? Give me a break
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am done with ya. If you do not know if we should be at war with somebody then..................I will just leave it at that. If you are supporting the troops without knowing why they are there..........I will just leave it at that. It is sad when citizens of this country can argue/debate about things but can not get to the root cause. I respect somebody that has an opinion on an important issue and is informed. You don't have to see daily intel reports. How can the Taliban with no standing army, no AF, no navy, no alliess (maybe al queda), no real infra structure be a threat to our FREEDOM? And you sir are the one that brought it up, nnot I.
    Wow... Again not here to debate why were there or whether or not we should be there. Another day, another thread.

"A senior Marine Corps official who has examined the video told CNN that the Marines are carrying 30-caliber sniper rifles and wearing helmets issued to members of Marine Corps sniper teams. The helmets are designed with a shorter front and sides so that snipers can place rifles and scopes near their faces."
    You must know that they have been issuing the m14's to them for guard duty in crows nest and the like they did that due to the long shots not being as effective with the M4.
    Same with the helmets they are all over the place.
    The Army does the same thing with what they call designated Marksmen they get a bit of training on the M14 use but do not attend the full sniper course. I should know I ship a lot off to it.
    To listen to the news you would think that half the Army and marine corps were snipers, it is just not the case.

Regardless of what the other side does we must take the higher ground. Granted we have had our problems but for the most part we have done well in our history.
    Part of what happened was a failure of leadership. Bet that an NCO fell short on this one or it would not have happen, would have been stopped or darn sure would not have ebded up on youtube.
    There are a few here that will understand this a leaders position require they maintain control of their soldier/Marines conduct. When things like this happen there is often warning signs it is coming. I do not have all night nor would you bother to read how many times I had to hold a soldier back from a mission or two, rotate out an NCO for a bit because you could see the line was becoming blurred for them. IT HAPPENS it is up to leadership to prevent this. Until this got out in the world it could have been an Article 15 not the end of the world by any means for them but enough to make it clear it was not proper conduct. But now the press and public pressure is going to make it very hard on them harder than it should be.
    It is not being worried about the dead terrorist. It is about up holding an oath we take. It is not about who or what they are but who and what we are.
    When it is over and you go home you sleep much better at night knowing you did what was right.
    Old School and varob like this.

We are fighting a war with terrorists who do not follow the rules of war and do not care about anything except the afterlife. We need to fight this war to win. And if that means we put the fear of desecration in them then so be it. Here are our troops who have to hold their brothers as their intestines are hanging out and tell them it will be ok as they die and were worried about some dead terrorists. That's disgusting!
    Really?.....fight this war to win? So how do you know when we've "won"? Do you actually think someday all the bad guys over there will throw down their weapons and call it quits.......This "war" will continue until somebody in the white house feels like it might look good on his resume if he brings everybody home. This "war" is about nation building....we are suppose to win the hearts and souls of the natives so they can see the error of their ways and resist the taliban themselves. Doing this kind of stuff doesnt exactly endear us to the locals. Look how we exited Iraq. Somebody in the white house said "Ok, we're done...lets go home." In 3 years Iraq will be the same dump it was before we got there.
    There is no "winning" these kinds of wars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You must know that they have been issuing the m14's to them for guard duty in crows nest and the like they did that due to the long shots not being as effective with the M4.
    Same with the helmets they are all over the place.
    The Army does the same thing with what they call designated Marksmen they get a bit of training on the M14 use but do not attend the full sniper course. I should know I ship a lot off to it.
    To listen to the news you would think that half the Army and marine corps were snipers, it is just not the case.
    Thanks, I never knew tha LOL. I didn't comment, just included hwat the Marine Spokesman said

We saw this coming as I stated If i was counseling them I would tell them PTSD ans shut up here it is. That is the only defense they have
    U.S. News - Extreme war stresses to blame in Marine urination video?

Thanks, I never knew tha LOL. I didn't comment, just included hwat the Marine Spokesman said
    suntzu it would tak 4 pages to explain the 223 /5.56 m16/M4 they are effective and do a find job however when to close or to far they fail to cause first round kills and sometime not enough damage to stop a target..
    The M14 308 is know for dropping a target and at ranges of 700-800 meters doing it very well. It is also a weapon that most can quickly lean to hit targets at that range.
    To big to heavy for close order combat it still has it's place so they dug them out and out them to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    We should hold ourselves to a higher standard. This post disgusts me.
    There was nothing higher around there to stand on...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links