USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble

This is a discussion on USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently a video hit the internet that seems to show four USMC snipers urinating on bodies of enemy personnel. The USMC will investigate. Marines Probe ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: USMC Snipers May Be In Trouble

Recently a video hit the internet that seems to show four USMC snipers urinating on bodies of enemy personnel. The USMC will investigate.

Marines Probe Video Depicting Urination on Corpses in Afghanistan

Metro - VIDEO: U.S. Marines urinate on corpses

As well the snipers should be in trouble. That is a clear violation of the orders received when going in country.

The one on the right is an NCO too.
    SIGguy229 and 64zebra like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Haj has done worse to people they've killed
    C hawk Glock and rdpG19 like this.
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy82 View Post
    I completely agree, however, the Marines should of known better than to desecrate enemy war dead.

Thats like saying we should treat out prisoners the way they treat our troops they capture (we treat ours rather well, they chop our heads off). American forces must maintain the moral high ground, while still being an effective fighting force
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Don't make it right. I hope you don't talk to your soldiers like that
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

We should hold ourselves to a higher standard. This post disgusts me.
    suntzu, RoadKill and hienykins like this.

VIP Member
    "The barbarities of war are seldom committed by abnormal men. The tragedy of war is that these horrors are committed by normal men in abnormal situations." Major J.F. Thomas, "Breaker Morant"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "The barbarities of war are seldom committed by abnormal men. The tragedy of war is that these horrors are committed by normal men in abnormal situations." Major J.F. Thomas, "Breaker Morant"
    Great movie.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I don't understand what some of our younger soldiers are thinking nowadays. These soldiers are also the ones returning home and becoming police officers and taking other positions of service and power. Something has changed in our society.

A soldier was always, in my mind, an honorable person even to his enemies both alive and dead.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Senior Moderator
    I'd be willing to bet that peeing on the enemy has been done in every single war that has ever been.

The only difference is now the touchy feelys that never had a mom or a dad choose to have hurt feelings over it.

The snipers ought to know better. They failed when they got caught. They should have been wearing veils over their faces. They should have taken their unit patches and identifiers off.

They need some remedial training.
    atctimmy, tbrenke, Beans and 3 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sometimes I think morality is a lost art.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that ******* on the enemy has been done in every single war that has ever been.

The only difference is now the touchy feelys that never had a mom or a dad choose to have hurt feelings over it.

The snipers ought to know better. They failed when they got caught. They should have been wearing veils over their faces. They should have taken their unit patches and identifiers off.

They need some remedial training.
    While I personally feel that they should of known better (Every inbound service member is given a ROE/Rules of War card when they get in country, one of them is always to treat enemy dead with respect), I do realize that sometimes stuff happens in the heat of battle, or the emotional overload directly following combat. Regardless, I think they should of known better.

And the camera guy darn sure should of known better. I know several Marines who got busted for putting dumb pictures and video online, and the cameraguy always got it as bad as the guy doing whatever happened. You don't put stuff like that on youtube, or facebook, or anywhere else.
    64zebra and rdpG19 like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Senior Moderator
    You don't put stuff like that on youtube, or facebook, or anywhere else.
    Yep.

Sometimes its hard to remember that the whole world can see anything you post...even the weenies in DC that make decisions from a desk.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

While I do believe what they did was wrong, morals or so called higher standards is not my main worry. My concern is in supplying fuel to those who are recruiting more people to fight us. This might be all it takes to convince another person that all Americans are evil.

This is a situation that can be used to further unite those fighting against us. Much like the we many of our soldiers rallied when the enemy hung the bodies of killed Americans from bridges and then drug the bodies through the streets.

Michael
    Bkrazy, RoadKill and 64zebra like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    While I do believe what they did was wrong, morals or so called higher standards is not my main worry. My concern is in supplying fuel to those who are recruiting more people to fight us. This might be all it takes to convince another person that all Americans are evil.

This is a situation that can be used to further unite those fighting against us. Much like the we many of our soldiers rallied when the enemy hung the bodies of killed Americans from bridges and then drug the bodies through the streets.

Michael
    That is precisely why we must maintain the higher moral ground. This war, while still somewhat kinetic at times, is largely based in counter-insurgency. How do we convince people we are the good guys, when we do this and put it on the internet? We need as many of the local nationals as possible to see us as the good guys, and videos like this do not help that case.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links