Assaults Up 150%, Sexual Assaults Up 300%

This is a discussion on Assaults Up 150%, Sexual Assaults Up 300% within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/1....-violent-crime/ "According to Mayor John Solis, sexual assaults are up about 300 percent and assaults with guns and knives up nearly 150 percent citywide since ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Assaults Up 150%, Sexual Assaults Up 300%

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/1....-violent-crime/

"According to Mayor John Solis, sexual assaults are up about 300 percent and assaults with guns and knives up nearly 150 percent citywide since the realignment plan took effect a few months ago.
    Under the realignment plan, many non-violent offenders end up in the county system instead of state prison and then get released early because of overcrowding.

Solis believes that makes the perpetrators even bolder."

I wish I could think up something really clever to say but all I can come up with is:

"Well duh...!!!"

Just another really, horribly, bad idea that has worked out just as could be expected.

There are a bunch of politicians in this nation who need to be cast into the back of the darkest, dankest prison to rot for the remainder of their miserable lives as an example of how not to govern a once great people.

We will have just as much crime as we will tolerate. How's that working out in California? Huh?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

"Well Duh !!!",well said!!!

Agreed. The answer to economic downfall is to not balance the budget at the expense of public safety. That should be common sense. It does no good to have a law enforcement agency, and cut down on incarceration.
    At least the free states allow their citizens the ability to protect themselves from this scourge among it's populace.
    oneshot likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Build more prisons, curtail the privileges, make them all serve full terms assigned, place all 'crocked' prison guards in with the population...I'll pay the extra taxes for just that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I say bus all the thugs up to the Ice farms up by Hudson Bay.

That should keep'em busy, and start them second guessing their chosen career as a thug.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I guess they just need tighter gun control laws out there.

Yep, if this keeps up, they will have to change their thinking on letting their citizens defend themselves!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Yep, if this keeps up, they will have to change their thinking on letting their citizens defend themselves!
    yeah...what a concept!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I say bus all the thugs up to the Ice farms up by Hudson Bay.

That should keep'em busy, and start them second guessing their chosen career as a thug.
    Hmmm. Didn't Russia send their bad people to Siberia? No one wanted to go there. A great deterrent.

All we need is a large frozen tundra with endless amounts of snow and ice that must be shoveled and reshoveled.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

With no severe deterrent criminals have less of a reason to not commit crime. Hell, with these sentencing guidelines in CA they are not even in the penalty box long.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

You guys are all so heartless. They are all good people just about to turn their lives around and those compasionate judges are just giving them a chance. Everyone deserves a second chance right?!

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Hmmm. Didn't Russia send their bad people to Siberia? No one wanted to go there. A great deterrent.

All we need is a large frozen tundra with endless amounts of snow and ice that must be shoveled and reshoveled.
    (Tin foil hat on) Russia sent a majority of good people there also when they took their guns away to silence them and trample on their rights....ummmmm,,,,,where else can that happen (Tin foil hat off)

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/1....-violent-crime/

"According to Mayor John Solis, sexual assaults are up about 300 percent and assaults with guns and knives up nearly 150 percent citywide since the realignment plan took effect a few months ago.
    Under the realignment plan, many non-violent offenders end up in the county system instead of state prison and then get released early because of overcrowding.

Solis believes that makes the perpetrators even bolder."

Somebody check my boolean logic here. Non Violent offenders (bad checks, DUI's etc...) are released early from County jails and that is the reason sexual assaults are up as well as assaults with guns and knives? Wouldn't it be if Violent offenders are released early?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Somebody check my boolean logic here. Non Violent offenders (bad checks, DUI's etc...) are released early from County jails and that is the reason sexual assaults are up as well as assaults with guns and knives? Wouldn't it be if Violent offenders are released early?
    I wonder if there are any real facts showing that those released are the ones committing these crimes?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I wonder if there are any real facts showing that those released are the ones committing these crimes?

Michael
    It has to be true and based on numbers because:
    1. It was written by the infallible press and quoted by a politician
    2. It was on the internet
    3. It seems to agree with our sensibilities and ideals so therefore has to be true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links