Newark NJ offering reward for informing on guns - Page 2

Newark NJ offering reward for informing on guns

This is a discussion on Newark NJ offering reward for informing on guns within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a problem with the anonymous aspect of it all. How do I know that it is not the government itself making the anonymous ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Newark NJ offering reward for informing on guns

I have a problem with the anonymous aspect of it all. How do I know that it is not the government itself making the anonymous charge that the search warrant will be based on? While Government must be tolerated it should never be trusted.

Michael

That windbag of a Mayor never misses a chance to blame Virginia's gun show laws for all of Newark's gun issues.

I'm sure when this fails, he'll find a way to blame Va. for this too.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

My concern is not with a legal or illegal gun. It is with folks who are illegally in possession. Sometimes we really have to be practical and hold our noses a bit. It sounds like Newark is trying to illegally possessed weapons off the streets, and since such are (with the rare exception of the out of state naive) in the hand of people who have chosen to disregard the law, I have no problem with it.

There is a world of difference between trying to clean up your city from gang activity and the poor analogy you used turning in innocent people for systematic slaughter.

I can't think of a single gun crime of violence in my community which has ever involved a license holder. And most are done by people who can not legally possess at all.
    I would have to disagree with your last sentence. Well, you said in your community. In my community where the violent crime rate is almost nothing, the crimes that have been committed the last 4 years or so were with legally purchased and owned firearms. But not much of a data sample here.
    My concern is that though it may be well meaning, the end never justifies the means. If neighbors are concerned right now, they don't need a bribe to do the right thing. If they live in a gang infested area, why are they not already reporting this anonymously?
    The Anne Frank example is a tad extreme at this point but give me a second to get my tin foil hat......OK, got it on. Nazi Germany and other totalitarian regimes started with baby steps under the guise of fear and the protection of the people. Not that is government is doing it purposely for nefarious reasons, but the end result can be the same, restriction of our rights under the Constitution. A tad off topic is the NDAA that was signed. Does it mean that they will be coming to my house and arrest me in the middle of the night and throw me in Gitmo. No, but does it have the ability for that to happen....yes. OK, got the tin foil hat off now. Just a very slippery slope we have been on.

Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

did my link not work?

LOL, didnt see it...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    If i was "that" type of person, i would turn in the Mayor and City Council. If the cops find something, you win!

I thought they was broke,the Mayor defecate some extra cash,or they paying in monopoly money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links