One of the most blatent thefts yet

This is a discussion on One of the most blatent thefts yet within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I have been home a few days now so was wandering around Wally World grabbing up on sale ammo. I went to one store ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By SIXTO

Thread: One of the most blatent thefts yet

VIP Member

One of the most blatent thefts yet

Well I have been home a few days now so was wandering around Wally World grabbing up on sale ammo. I went to one store in North Little Rock, Ark. and when I got to sporting goods the guy was cleaning up glass from a long rifle display case, they still have the ones that are built in and don't rotate. I asked him jokingly if it was an accident or on purpose and he replied on purpose.

Apparently there is not someone stationed in sporting goods on night shift. An enterprising young man decided he wanted guns so he smashed the glass front and grabbed an M4 and a Marlin and ran out the fire exit. This guy had guts. He was not caught.

I then went to the Jacksonville store and was talking to them and a person there and they said they had gotten hit to. They have the smaller rotating gun cases and again this guy simply busts out the glass and grabs a Remington 870 Police and shoves it down his pants. This occured in the early morning hours. The difference is this guy does not hit the fire exit he simply walked to the front of the store where he was met by two police officers.

This is some gutsy stuff. I just hope that it does not influence Wal Mart to change policies or stop selling certain items. By the way I bought all they had in 5.56 for $5.97 a box.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

North Little Rock is not an ideal place to be in the first place.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I bet if they ran a cable and lock thru the trigger guards this would probably deter the smash and grabs (or, in an effort to decrease unemployment rates, hire someone to standby the usually un-occupied sporting goods counters). It's pretty tough to hide or run dragging a dozen or so rifles attached to the display.
    oneshot and Secret Spuk like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    LOL that is true they all had trigger locks apparently but no cables anymore.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Apparently there is not someone stationed in sporting goods on night shift. An enterprising young man decided he wanted guns so he smashed the glass front and grabbed an M4 and a Marlin and ran out the fire exit. This guy had guts. He was not caught.
    When did they start selling M4's at Wal Mart. I am lucky to buy a Savage at mine

What exactly do you mean by "yet?" Since you've been in Arkansas? Since you've been on this site? American history?

It seems like a pretty easy score to me. There is no security present. Not terribly gutsy.

Probably the reason Walmart will stop selling guns. I have remodeled several of them and they did away with the guns.

Logically they would look at these events and say "wow it would cost very little to add the cables and look how much it would save in loss prevention". What am I saying ???? Logic at Wally World ????
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Administrator
    Walmart sells AR's down there? Cool.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I can see an AR, an M4...must be an M4 type llike I think Bushmaster markets.

The Wal-Mart that I frequent in South Point, OH has AR type rifles as well as some bolt action .30-06 types and the usual Ruger 10-22 and some shotguns. They have a decent selection of ammo too. I scored a box of Tula 9mm for about $9 and some change to try out in the Smith when we get decent outdoor range weather.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member

^^^^^Apparently so^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As long as nobody steals them first.

I think a cable lock throught the trigger assembly would do the trick.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Yes they have been selling black rifles for a couple of months now apparently. DPMS and Bushmaster standard M4's and SIG 556 and 522's with decent prices. Winchester Black Box AR marked ammo was $5.97 and bulk packs were $35 for a 100 rounds of Federal.

As far as the comment What exactly do you mean by "yet?" Since you've been in Arkansas? Since you've been on this site? American history? I just got back in the country a few days ago after a year so yep it is pretty blatant theft to me.

I have to take my wife to Little Rock every couple of months to the DR. seems like there is at least one murder or armed robbery every day in that town. I'm starting to think I need full auto just to get there and back.
    I would rather die standing up than live life on my knees.

My last trip to mine had a Remington R-15, a Bushmaster M-4, and a Sig Sauer M400 Hunter Black. Their prices are really decent too. The M400 Hunter was only $897.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links