Co-workers attitudes & professionalism

This is a discussion on Co-workers attitudes & professionalism within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe it's be, maybe it's just where I am but some of my co-workers attitudes (especially towards safety) are so cavalier and slightly unprofessional I ...

Thread: Co-workers attitudes & professionalism

Distinguished Member

Maybe it's be, maybe it's just where I am but some of my co-workers attitudes (especially towards safety) are so cavalier and slightly unprofessional I really have to wonder what they signed up for... free coffee and donuts?

Thanks for allow me to vent.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Maybe it's be, maybe it's just where I am but some of my co-workers attitudes (especially towards safety) are so cavalier and slightly unprofessional I really have to wonder what they signed up for... free coffee and donuts?
    I have also found it hard to understand about people not taking gun safety seriously. But then again, there are lots of people who don't take driving a car seriously. Its just a game to them. They drive really fast, weave in and out of traffic, pass people on the shoulder of the highway, and do all sorts of stupid things while not even wearing their seatbelt. I think the mentality is no different.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member
    I wasn't specifically talking about gun safety, rather more towards simple officer safety and doing all you can to be prepared. But the same mentality applies, they don't think it will happen to them.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    ... I really have to wonder what they signed up for... free coffee and donuts?

Sadly, you may have hit the nail on the head. I've certainly experienced the same throughout my career. Going self-employed was my resolution, but even that opens up a Pandora's box of other challenges.

venting a bit as well. Or dont mind their own business. I gotta find another carry gun as I know they will notice my 9c. even though it hides good in a tuckable iwb these morons will pick up on it and brass enough to ask vs leaving alone. especially as they got nothing else to do.........

nosey and they thing they need to know cuz you work with them. I could leave here and never see any of them again and thats fine with me...maybe me...maybe where I work, maybe how long Ive worked here!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Sponsored Links