Westboro Baptist protesters hit Willis Marine’s funeral

This is a discussion on Westboro Baptist protesters hit Willis Marine’s funeral within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The PGR is great and I have seen great things from them in Colorado and look forward to riding with them this year....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Westboro Baptist protesters hit Willis Marine’s funeral

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    The PGR is great and I have seen great things from them in Colorado and look forward to riding with them this year.

2. Remove Ads

Additionally, several of this hate group's founders are attorneys. They’ve made a large portion of their money suing groups or municipalities that have attempted to suppress their “freedom of speech”.

Sadly, they have successfully won such cases multiple times.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    The gutless D-Bags didn't show. I hate to say it but I'm almost dissappointed. The people of this small semi-rural town would not have made them feel very welcome.

I am the strongest proponent of our Constitutional Right to Freedom of Speech and intelligent use thereof.

That said, I imagine that if 100 Bikers showed up to protect the dignity of a Soldier who died fighting to keep that freedom alive for those losers, and said 100 bikers decided to stomp the living (expletives and other very naughty words deleted) outta several dozen Hate Mongers waving their little hate banners and flags while exercising their Freedom of Religion, well, I am sure that the police, whose job it is to protect society, will most certainly do their very best to stop that terrible, terrible crime....... but of course with all of the cutbacks experienced lately, and under most departmental policies, if there are only two officers there when all Hell Breaks loose, well, they probably should wait for the proper backup to get on scene before they wade into the melee and save those poor people from an excessive beat down, and who were only exercising their Constitutional Rights to Freedom of Religion and Speech. I mean, really, no one would want the police overreacting and using excessive force and all because they tried to stop such a horrible crime, would we?

Anyone ever notice that groups like these fools never seem to show up and protest or throw fake blood on Banditos and Hells Angels? Hmmmm?

Wait a tic... this whole rant from a father of two US Marines and one US Navy boy willing to lay down their lives to protect us all sounds just wrong, I guess... as Erkel use to say... Did I say THAT!?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

They have threatened to show up at funerals in Texas numerous times,but I think they realize they may not get out of texas alive,many bad things happen on the roadways down here.
    I remember one time they showed up at a town to protest,they were staying in a motel,as they went downstairs to get in their vehicles they were mysteriously blocked in by other vehicles,they called the cops who showed up and were unable to locate the vehicle owners.They then contacted every towing company in town and they were unable to contact any of them.
    ErnieNWillis, afojc and dev_null like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

They showed up here in hays ks to protest a solder funeral and got blocked by over 100 pgr, their cars got blocked in for a couple of hours, their tires got slashed and only walmart would change their tires, i didnt get a chance to go but my father in law said you couldnt see or hear them, the there was too many pgr

Also these nuts were gonna protest alisha deadbolt, a teen who got raped and murdered but the pgr was there and they no showed

I would rather be in company of a convict than fred phelps
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Phelps and his "congregation" are a sorry bunch of scumbags. i watched an interview with Phelps' estranged son last year: Phelps "excommunicated" the son years ago. The son said scumbag Phelps beat his (the sons) mother.

The pukes have not been back to OK since the tire slashing incident in McAlester. After that incident Phelps said God is killing OK children.

http://www.koco.com/news/25833473/detail.html

The Westboro dirtbags picketed in our hometown a few years ago. The supposed leader/pastor of this "church" is actually a disbarred attorney. Several members of this group are attorneys. They are a CON! They only protest in hopes of being assaulted, once attacked, they sue the community, or anyone they can. This is how they make a living, it's their job. They will only stay at any location for a short time, if they can't get assaulted they pack up their premade hate signs, then move to their next target...They are not really a church, their only purpose is to make someone angry enough to assault them-then they sue, and win money... These turds even give attorneys a bad name.

i live close to topeka kansas, which is where these asshats are from so i know how they are. FYI, anybody ever deal with em, they have several cameras rolling film, so don't do anything that you don't want filmed. the part i hate is to see the little kids out there "just doing what is normal" those kids don't have a chance.

They showed up in my county last summer to protest a funeral and had to stop and ask for directions, the old timer behind the counter spotted there van and told them "your in Johnston county now fellas and just to let you know, people have disappeared never to be found for less then what you people are planning to do." (verified by 2 others I know that hang out @ said store)

Guess they had a change of heart because they went the other way out of the parking lot.
    lordofwyr, afojc and Sig 210 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    These people are NOT Christians, Baptists or any type of religion.

They are a hate group plain and simple.

While I do not wish it to be, one day they will reap what they sow. If you plant hate, then you will harvest it at sometime.

It is only a matter of time before something extremely bad happens to these folks.
    I'm surprised it hasn't.

VIP Member
    It would be entertaining to take a water cannon and just see how they could be flushed down the street.
    lordofwyr likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They have threatened to show up at funerals in Texas numerous times,but I think they realize they may not get out of texas alive,many bad things happen on the roadways down here.
    I remember one time they showed up at a town to protest,they were staying in a motel,as they went downstairs to get in their vehicles they were mysteriously blocked in by other vehicles,they called the cops who showed up and were unable to locate the vehicle owners.They then contacted every towing company in town and they were unable to contact any of them.
    Amazing! It sounds like a move
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I think most time they "threaten" to protest with no intention of showing just so they can get their names in the news.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    What logic does this Baptist Church get out of protesting the funeral of a Marine killed in action?? If this is there way of protesting the war by attacking mourning family and friends of the dead Marine than that makes them lower than whale crap!! What kind of church would do such a low vile thing!? Perhaps the road guardians will minimize the additional grief these scumbags will cause. As for me, I may just mail some of my dog's crap to them. This church deserves the wrath of the entire community.
    From what I understand, they protest in hopes of getting assaulted or their rights violated. Then they sue. In the past they have won millions of $.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links