TSA - Removed!!!! Potentially.

This is a discussion on TSA - Removed!!!! Potentially. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As you will see below the Senate has passed a bill that will authorize every airport in the nation to remove TSA and go back ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: TSA - Removed!!!! Potentially.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

As you will see below the Senate has passed a bill that will authorize every airport in the nation to remove TSA and go back to using private security agencies as they did before.

If this moves forward to the other house, which I am not sure of right now where it sits, then this is one less win for the Police State and a win for freedom even if it is just an inch regained.

Prison Planet.com » Senate Passes Bill Allowing Airports To Evict TSA Screeners
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Well, if the airports are still required to have security, then the net sum gain is zero. You will still have poorly paid flunkies watching over everyone. The only thing is that the federal government will not have a direct say in the day to day operations.

The screeners will still be under TSA supervision and all policies and procedures will remain. San Francisco is an example. TSA doesn't like it because when you loose people, you lose money, you lose clout. I do not see how it will affect any change. As folks know I hat e the TSA for many reasons from being an over bloated inefficient agencey that causes more trouble than they are worth to they have not really protected us. A dedicated(i.e well thought out planned attack) bombing or hijacking wil not be stopped by their methods. They get Red teamed all the time and stuff gets through.
    With that said, there does need to be federal policies and procedures in place to ensure consistent screenings so it is not different from airport to airport.
    Hopyard likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Its a simple solution really.

Let anyone that would be armed, stay armed and all that other crap would be needless. X-ray the luggage, check the bags and get on the plane.

Simple.
    Too simple.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I've always thought that when boarding everyone should be issued a pack of steel silverware including a steak knife. If someone tries to take the plane over then they will have to deal with 100 to 150 armed individuals in close quarters.
    ccman likes this.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

I don't hold much hope for this passing. After this Senate bill gets changes in the House and goes to committee, then back through the Senate before landing on Obama's desk and getting his veto. Then back to the Senate for a 2/3 majority to override the veto. Not likely. But maybe!!

Feel free to ignore the following rant. I just couldn't help myself.

IMO it will never happen! When it comes to any of our governing bodies, when have you ever seen a governmental agency abolished, or even reduced significantly? First there will be an outcry about air travel safety, and then the beaureaucrats will begin the entrenchment to protect their fiefdoms.

If it were to happen, the government will probably have to form a new agency to oversee the private contractors, and they will reassign all the current TSA operatives into other civil service jobs. Maybe they can use the current TSA organization to oversee the implementation of the "National Reciprocity" issue.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Feel free to ignore the following rant. I just couldn't help myself.

IMO it will never happen! When it comes to any of our governing bodies, when have you ever seen a governmental agency abolished, or even reduced significantly? First there will be an outcry about air travel safety, and then the beaureaucrats will begin the entrenchment to protect their fiefdoms.

If it were to happen, the government will probably have to form a new agency to oversee the private contractors, and they will reassign all the current TSA operatives into other civil service jobs. Maybe they can use the current TSA organization to oversee the implementation of the "National Reciprocity" issue.
    Read the legislation. TSA will still be in charge and oversea the contractors. Some airports already have private screeners with the TSA supervising. The head of the TSA did not want mor privatation becasue like you said, lack of power.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I've always thought that when boarding everyone should be issued a pack of steel silverware including a steak knife. If someone tries to take the plane over then they will have to deal with 100 to 150 armed individuals in close quarters.
    and i have advocated that all bording be given a mini-bat.

---good that we don't fly together...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Well, if the airports are still required to have security, then the net sum gain is zero. You will still have poorly paid flunkies watching over everyone. The only thing is that the federal government will not have a direct say in the day to day operations.
    IMO, that's one hellofa step in the right direction...

I have yet to see a little old lady or a seven year old child pose a threat to anyone. The need to pat um all down like criminals is insanity IMO...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I have yet to see a little old lady or a seven year old child pose a threat to anyone. The need to pat um all down like criminals is insanity IMO...
    Really?

7 yr old shooter arrested
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    LOL! Dang it OPFOR! Okay, okay I should have said five year old.... You got any fives that I should know about?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Not off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could find something. ;)

And in all seriousness, I completely agree that some sort of common sense has to prevail in so-called "security," not only at airports but in general. Unfortunately, real security is expensive, time consuming, and inconvenient. Right now, we have all the expense, time wasting, and inconvenience of real security, without the real security...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Just out of curiosity, would you guys be in favor of a special license that would allow you to fly armed? Let's assume that to obtain said license, extensive training and certain equipment would be required (specialized ammo, etc).

OpJ

Well, that special license would be the CC permit. I can drive in all 50 states, yet I cannot CC in all 50 states.

In fact, I cannot even take firearms into some states without being arrested. Which is lunacy unto itself. I'm not aware of any states that impound peoples vehicles if they don't have a valid in-state license.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links