Hackers Post Personal Police Information

This is a discussion on Hackers Post Personal Police Information within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This doesn't sound good. Don't know why they did it, unless they were "hacked" off at Law Enforcement. Hackers Post W.Va. Police Officers' Personal Info ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 64zebra

Thread: Hackers Post Personal Police Information

Hackers Post Personal Police Information

This doesn't sound good. Don't know why they did it, unless they were "hacked" off at Law Enforcement.

Hackers Post W.Va. Police Officers' Personal Info

The president of the West Virginia Chiefs of Police Association says hackers obtained more than 150 officers' personal information from the organization's old website and posted it online.
    Posted: 8:06 AM Feb 8, 2012
    Hackers Post W.Va. Police Officers' Personal Info
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Hackers gonna hack. No info on the web is safe. I doubt it had their social security numbers, so it probably doesn't say much more than a phone book would.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't see the big deal in finding out LEOs' addresses; the squad car in the driveway is a pretty visual clue.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I just wondered why anyone would go to the trouble of hacking into that site.

If they were doing it for revenge, perhaps they missed the mark a bit?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't see the big deal in finding out LEOs' addresses; the squad car in the driveway is a pretty visual clue.
    not all depts have take home vehicles, we don't and I like it that way, I don't want me and my family to be more of a target for things like young punks vandalizing up to the gangs wanting to shoot up a cop or his house, I have enough to deal with, with their death threats, etc

if people can find out where folks live through public info thats already out there....thats one thing, but for some of these idiots to hack and put the info out there should not be tolerated, and I would feel this way whether or not I was a cop, nobody...LEO or not...deserves to have their personal info broadcast for all to see
    babarock likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links