Executing Fugitive warrant nets more than expected

This is a discussion on Executing Fugitive warrant nets more than expected within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got a call at 0300 hrs to see if I could assist with the execution of a Federal warrant to capture a fugitive. As with ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Executing Fugitive warrant nets more than expected

Executing Fugitive warrant nets more than expected

Got a call at 0300 hrs to see if I could assist with the execution of a Federal warrant to capture a fugitive. As with most of these, alot of time has been put into the gathering and tracking of individuals wanted, and when it all comes together, ya gotta move while it's a hot trail.

So I met with some good ol boys out of Michigan, got a plan together, and checked paperwork, documents, address, bla bla, and then it was time to roll.

At 0500 hrs, we arrived a few blocks from the house, and after confirmation with the spotter, who had been there for hours moved into our positions. The entry team took point and myself and the two guys from Michigan moved to the back door. It was a no knock warrant.

But before the signal was given, we became aware of the smell commonly associated with Meth cooking. So right there, we had to stand down, until it was made clear that no flash bangs were used. Also now Haz Mat had to be called in.

Then all hell broke loose. Someone in the house opened the door, stepped out, and saw us. As he started yelling, I grabbed him, and as we hit the decripid wooden back porch floor, I felt a severe pain in my left forearm which was trapped underneath this guy, holding him by the wrist.
    At this time, the entry team at the front heard the commotion, and, well, entered.

I guess the back door was the logical ecscape route, because out comes two more, and they both stepped on me as they tried to get away.

Now, the crazy thing here is, is that even though the guy who I had taken down was already cuffed and secured, I still could not move. Then I saw what had caused the pain.
    A stupid nail, protruding thru the floor, was sticking thru my arm!

So, to bring it home, a total of 5 people were arrested. One was the fugitive out of Detroit Michigan, who was the original target, and, another Fugitive from Florida wanted on a string of violent home invasions and trafficking charges. Of course the other three had long historys and local outstanding warrants.
    And now a Manafacturing Meth charge added to all.

So, as I write this, I'm in the ER, they got me unhooked from the nail, my ankle is twisted, knee cap is swollen, jaw is hurting and swollen from getting kicked while stuck to the floor, and I'm waiting for my complimentary shot in the arse because of the nail.

I'm so glad the weekend is here!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Thank you. Heal fast, we need you.

Good work! Hope you heal quickly!

VIP Member
    That's rough. You're getting a little old to be getting trampled like a young kid, Gman. I stay up to date on tetanus, just because I'm clumsy.

Rest up.

It's tough making a living these days.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

At least someone got nailed this week!

AZ Hawk and archer51 like this.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    That's rough. You're getting a little old to be getting trampled like a young kid, Gman. I stay up to date on tetanus, just because I'm clumsy.

Rest up.
    You are correct. I think this will bey last go around anyway. My time on this detail has been up now for several weeks. This has been the most eventful one yet, and I pretty much did it all in the prone position.

I'm still waiting on my shot. If I didn't have this iPhone I would go stir crazy sitting here.
    Worst part now is I have to complete a bunch of reports before I go home, which will take me a couple of hours.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ecrist View Post
    At least someone got nailed this week!

Lol, literally.

Sorry Glockman,that was funny though,glad your o.k.,entry is alway's dangerous ,especially after you are spotted.

Good roundup. Alas the hazards of the job and murphys law reared it's ugly head. Rule #1 you went home to your family. Get well soon.

Senior Moderator
    As with any warrants detail, things can be fast and crazy and all of a sudden.

I'm glad that it didnt turn out worse. Glad to hear you are OK...minus being nailed to the floor and in a fight with one arm of course...

Good job.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Gman,

Heal up soon.

Thanks for helping pick up our trash.

If you ever get up here to Michigan, let me know, I'll buy you a beer!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Thanks all. I'm still here. Now they didn't like what they saw on the x ray. Seems the nail chipped a bone and may have damaged a tendon. To make matters worse, the wife is here acting like I was shot or something.

Looks like a may have to wear some sort of arm and hand brace to keep my movements in that arm to a minimum. Glad it's not my shooting hand. Because I was gonna wring out the Glocks in the morning.

Geez, no fun. Hope it all heals okay. (God knows what was on that nail.)

Administrator
    What! You didn't pass out teddy bears after you rang the doorbell and kindly explained the reason and process for the warrant? Jackbooted thug!

"Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links