Calling All Police Nerds

This is a discussion on Calling All Police Nerds within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article is for any leo interested in Cop Technology. Some of this stuff is not really new. Just thought I'd pass the article along. ...

Thread: Calling All Police Nerds

VIP Member

Calling All Police Nerds

This article is for any leo interested in Cop Technology. Some of this stuff is not really new. Just thought I'd pass the article along.

Cool cop tech: 5 new technologies helping police fight crime - Computerworld
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

....wake me up when we can deploy heat seeking Taser darts. I want to be able to pop a cartridge up in the air, and have the darts seek out the elevated temperature of a guy thats running. Ya know, like a Javelin.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    ....wake me up when we can deploy heat seeking Taser darts. I want to be able to pop a cartridge up in the air, and have the darts seek out the elevated temperature of a guy thats running. Ya know, like a Javelin.
    The problem I see is two fold 1. What goes up must come down. 2. Heat rises, even body heat. So.. If one were to shoot a heat seeking Tazer dart "up in the air" vertically rather than horizontally, it would seem to me that the dart would always strike the top of a persons head (warm spot). This might cause a head injury. Not only that but if criminals become aware, they might start wearing ice packs or even tin foil hats in order to defeat this technology. I think I would want to see some field trials before outfitting the department.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Yep, the new guys have all the toys, we didn't even get a vest.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links