BAD: ICE Agent Killed. By another Agent?

This is a discussion on BAD: ICE Agent Killed. By another Agent? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ICE Agent Killed in California Office Shootout - WSJ.com This is not good. Thereis surely more to this story. Agent shoots his supervisor and the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: BAD: ICE Agent Killed. By another Agent?

ICE Agent Killed in California Office Shootout - WSJ.com

This is not good. Thereis surely more to this story. Agent shoots his supervisor and the room turns into a brawl.

By ALEXANDRA BERZON And TAMARA AUDI
    One immigration official was killed and another wounded on Thursday evening after a shootout erupted inside a federal-government building in Southern California.

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigator died inside the agency's offices in Long Beach, Calif., after being shot at around 5:30 p.m., the agency said in a statement. A second agent was wounded and transported to a hospital and is in stable condition.

The two agents appear to have been involved in a confrontation with each other, law-enforcement sources said. The reason for the dispute was unclear.

The names of the agents haven't been released.

Citing law-enforcement sources, the Los Angeles Times described a chaotic confrontation between the two ICE agents, while a third jumped into the fray. A law-enforcement official told the newspaper the shooting occurred when an agent opened fire on his supervisor. The newspaper reported that two people had died while a third was wounded.

The agents are part of ICE's Homeland Security Investigations unit, which tracks immigration crime, human-rights violations and human smuggling, smuggling of narcotics and weapons, financial crimes and other enforcement issues related to exports. The unit also conducts investigations to protect critical infrastructure industries that are vulnerable to sabotage, attack or exploitation.

The shooting occurred not far from the Port of Los Angeles, where city officials had greeted Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping with great fanfare earlier in the day.

By early evening, Federal Bureau of Investigations agents were en route to the shootout scene to investigate, said FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller. Long Beach Police Department and Immigration and Customs Enforcement were also expected to be involved in the investigation.

—Miriam Jordan contributed to this article.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Most news reports are saying the supervisor survived. They are saying the guy who killed the rogue agent was not wounded. i'd like to hear that 911 call.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16957561/...type=printable

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Boy I hate to read these kind of stories, hope the supervisor heals.

This is bad. It is partly why I retired as soon as I was able. DHS is a hostile work environment.

I guess theres gonna be a huge uproar over allowing guns in the workplace now,I guess all LEO's will now need to secure their firearms before entering the station or adjoining office buildings.
    I have no doubt there is a huge vetting process these guys go through to get hired.I'd like to hear what transpired prior to the shooting.I'm willing to bet there was a negative performance report and possible threat of termination etc.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Here is a good article describing the problem.

ICE Agents: “Shooting No Surprise w/ Obama Bad Morale, Mgt @ Immmigration Agency;” EXCLUSIVE Victims’/Shooters’ Names

It is not just ICE though, they are now Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

sgb
    happens.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

The shooter was a supervisory special agent who was being counseled by the deputy SAC of the LA area. Something is badly wrong with outfit where supervisory special agents shoot deputy SACs.

sounds like the US post office...utterly dysfunctional, purposely nasty as a Human resourses managment tool ... and where a guy like the murdered man is kept on for his nasty nasty disposition...lots of grief here.... sorry and condolances to all.....

Wow. That's some messed up stuff.

Congress needs to get a handle on this. (Good luck with that).
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar

ICE Agents: “Shooting No Surprise w/ Obama Bad Morale, Mgt @ Immmigration Agency;” EXCLUSIVE Victims’/Shooters’ Names

I was wrong. I thought the link would be to DEBKA or NewsMax. But I was close.
    suntzu likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

DEBKA rules !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post

Because of articles like that I am glad I keep buying stock in tinfoil! Pleeez.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    From a good friend:

By the way, we got some new ethics guidelines we have to sign this year that says we understand we can't fight other [agents], in the office or on the streets. I guess this is a problem?
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Re: BAD: ICE Agent Killed. By another Agent?

Quote Originally Posted by joncare View Post
    Its not good.I am really unhappy with this.This is the big social issue.There must no insecurity for every individual.Administration must take such issues seriously.Every one should be answerable before law.Legal immigrants should also provide security and protection at all levels.
    I agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links