Scottsdale police officer involved in 7 on duty shootings since 2002

This is a discussion on Scottsdale police officer involved in 7 on duty shootings since 2002 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He is protecting the city and people are protesting against him, makes me sick. Critics of Scottsdale police shooting plan demonstration...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Scottsdale police officer involved in 7 on duty shootings since 2002

He is protecting the city and people are protesting against him, makes me sick.

Critics of Scottsdale police shooting plan demonstration

I've read about this, and I don't see anything at all to complain about from this guy. He has saved numerous lives and has been involved in all kill or be killed situations. He is obviously an LEO that knows how to shoot his duty pistol Why do citizens think police officers carry guns? Personally, I think this guy sounds like someone that I want around when the SHTF....he does not miss.
    SpencerB, Eaglebeak and WHEC724 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

That's just stupid. I'm glad he has the training and the commitment to do the job. It's a dirty job. They get harassed for it and criticized but someone has to do it. I'm glad he has made it through that many intense situations uninjured.

JD
    Administrator

Hey SpencerB, please keep us updated on this. I'm very curious to see what happens.

In my opinion, the protesters should be marching against the increase in violent crime and domestic violence instead of protesting against those who are charged with protecting the people of the community.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Hey SpencerB, please keep us updated on this. I'm very curious to see what happens.

In my opinion, the protesters should be marching against violent crime instead of those who are charged with protecting the people of the community.
    Will do Bark'n I will be following this closely

Senior Moderator
    Sort of sounds like the people he shot needed to be shot.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Something I could walk away from. I am neither bound by pride or duty, for I am just a dangerous philosopher.

In my estimation it looks like Officer Peters performed his duty with valor and high regard.

For that I am grateful.
    JD likes this.

The day after the nut case (the guy pointing a gun at his neighbors and holding his infant grandson) was shot by the Scottsdale officer, the bigger news story was that the officer had been involved in a number of other legitimate shootings. I was angered that the news media were making this officer out to be some sort of trigger-happy killer... totally ignoring the fact that he's on a SWAT team and each one of his clean shoots occurred in the context of an armed confrontation that the cops were called out to contain. What hypocrites - the protestors ignore the actions of the police that keep them safe, they think nothing of sending their public servants in harm's way but they whine when a highly trained officer is really, really good at his job.
    JD and hogdaddy like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Well, I'm sure they would be equally outraged if they had let the individual back into the house and the child had been killed.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

While it's highly unusual for an LEO to be involved in that many Shootings,they were all legitimate,and being a Swat Cop every call out is usually involving armed barricaded subjects.I don't think any LEO is going to let anybody approach a child that has been reported as armed and threatening people.IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET SHOT DON'T IGNORE COMMANDS TO STOP AND PRONE OUT.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

"This event is decentralized, spontaneous and fueled largely by the pure outrage that people feel about an unarmed man with a child being shot by a serial-killing police officer," Tyburn Gallows, of Tempe, said on the social-networking site.
    I think that's the crutch of it..... was he justified in shooting ?? And the guy was unarmed..... he could not have been tackled ?

They are questioning if they have an officer who may be too quick to shoot. Don't know if they are justified in asking the question or not, but it's a question that should be answered.

Not enough about the circumstances, etc and what led up to them, nor the dead man's past , to really know or make any judgment about it one way or the other.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Eagleks, the man was armed for the majority of the situation with the child in his arms, waving the gun at himself, the child and everyone else. Seems to me like he had just put the weapon down inside when they shot him, sounds justified to me.

Would it be considered justified if a civilian shot him in the same situation? The way I understand it a LEO is protected more in a shooting if in official capacity. I don't have a problem with that (well, maybe a little) but it tells me a cop can have an itchy trigger finger and still have the shooting justifiable.
    Spencer:
    Eagleks, the man was armed for the majority of the situation with the child in his arms, waving the gun at himself, the child and everyone else. Seems to me like he had just put the weapon down inside when they shot him, sounds justified to me.
    Where is this info? I looked up some articles but could not see that info. Please post a link

About 60 demonstrators marched down the streets of downtown Scottsdale Friday night to protest a police officer who fatally shot a man earlier this week and has been involved in seven shootings since 2002, six of them fatal.

I probably would have joined the protesters, too!
    Only 6 out of 7 were fatal?
    Obviously, this LEO needs just a little bit more range time...shouldn't have let that #7 slip by alive.
    gasmitty and Bark'n like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links