What if drugs went away?

This is a discussion on What if drugs went away? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 357and40 If drugs went away it would mean Keith Richards took em all. Then everyone would take turns smoking Keith Richards. Derail ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: What if drugs went away?

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    If drugs went away it would mean Keith Richards took em all. Then everyone would take turns smoking Keith Richards.
    Derail warning!

I think it its the ultimate rock and roll irony that Davey Jones is dead and Keith Richards is still alive and kicking.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Derail warning!

I think it its the ultimate rock and roll irony that Davey Jones is dead and Keith Richards is still alive and kicking.
    Keith Richards IS alive? Wow. He certainly does look like the "walking dead." Him using drugs as a preservative apparently has worked for him. Others? Not so much.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The other unfortunate downside to taking drugs away .... there goes your beer, wine and liquor. Any good pharmacist will tell you that if liqour were invented today, it would be a controlled substance.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

As long as drugs make you feel good and give you a feeling of well being there will be a demand...If demand is strong enough there will be a supply. Legalize the stuff already and let people make their own decisions about whether to use it or not..heroin addicts could buy their fix for $1 and nod and scratch..they wouldn't have to rob and steal for a $200 a day habit....tweaks could just rot away if they please, cheaply....it would reduce crime and prison costs dramatically....drug cartels would have to find another market..but people want to impose their beliefs on everyone....but everyone is not alike and until they are drugs will be readily available at inflated prices and the ones who don't partake will be the ones paying for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    As long as there is a market for drugs in the US there will be drugs coming in. You want to stop the in part, stop the using part.

Not to mention coffeem, energy drinks and tea...stimulant drugs by any definition.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    The other unfortunate downside to taking drugs away .... there goes your beer, wine and liquor. Any good pharmacist will tell you that if liqour were invented today, it would be a controlled substance.

Why in the world would anyone compare Davy Jones to Keith Richards??? Davy Jones couldn't carry Keith's jock strap
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Derail warning!

Once the genie is out of the bottle you can't convince it to go back....that goes for guns and drugs...drugs have been around as long as plants have been here....guns, not so long...but believe neither is going away

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    The anti-gunners are constantly screaming about how wonderful the world would be if all guns would somehow magically go away. They believe people would stop hurting each other and live together in peace and harmony.

My thought is how wonderful would it be if we were to somehow, magically, stop the flow of drugs into the US? How would all of those drug dealers make money? Would they quit crime and get legit jobs, suddenly becoming contributing members of society? Or would they simply turn to another type of crime? Something more violent perhaps?

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the govt makes a lot.....think lawyers, courts, prisons & guards & transporting the prisons to trial and their healthcare etc

tip of the iceberg but it adds up to billions of dollars they control.

and the more they control, the less we do
    in this case less disposable income means more reliance on govt programs

just a what for---30 odd years ago near every one who had the grades could go to college
    and the loans were minimum. today it precludes the graduates from home ownership cause the
    bank runs their numbers and with the loans they come up short. but for the few who luck into
    6 figures (any strings ua think) jobs.

laws that cost us, cost in more ways than the upfront numbers your initially informed of.

legalize it and tax it will put money in different pockets.
    have to be careful cause the lawyers today are the politicians of tomorrow.
    and for sure they do not want to cheat themselves.

drugs.....oh, and put speed governers on cars. but than all that lost ticket revenue.
    that would save lives but it ain't gonna happen while the system is self-funding.

drugs; who here thought it was the illegal pharmacists that was making the big money?
    gigamortis likes this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

It's not at all difficult to imagine a world without guns. That's exactly the world we had up until a few hundred years ago. And what did we do? Kill each other with knives and clubs. And personally I'd rather be killed with a .45 to the temple than hacked to death with a knife or beat to death with a club.

Now as for drugs, well that's more difficult to imagine a world without because there's no point in recorded history where we didn't have some way to alter the way we felt (or what we felt) by ingesting or smoking some form of plant life or its extract.

So my point being of course .... You'll have to pry this joint from my cold, dead fingers!

replace go away with legal :)

LEAP!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    It is controlled. Last I checked you need a license in all 50 states to sell it.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Is marijuana a drug? I thought it was a weed.
    If drugs went away we would ban plants. Oops we already do. This is from 2004.
    For the past month, Jimson weed has been illegal in Oklahoma. Under a law that was passed in April and went into effect November 1st, the weirdly psychoactive member of the datura family (datura stramonium), known folklorically for making sheep crazy, is now bizarrely considered a "synthetic controlled substance," with punishments of up to a year in jail for possession to up to life in prison for distribution. The law is seemingly designed to make it illegal to get high on anything Oklahoma authorities had not previously gotten around to outlawing. It defines a "synthetic controlled substance" as "a substance, whether synthetic or naturally occurring, that is not a controlled dangerous substance, but which produces a like or similar physiological or psychological effect on the human central nervous system that currently has no accepted medical use in treatment in the United States and has a potential for abuse."
    I'd like to eradicate the jimson weed growing wild in my alley but I'm afraid that when I bag it and set it our for trash pickup I might end up doing life for distribution.

It also grows along the highway but I suppose the government is exempt from prosecution.

Michael
    Hopyard likes this.

The CIA funds itself by distributing drugs....we have armed military guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan.....Heroin is now a popular drug in the US and easily obtained...when the CIA was heavily involved in the lower Americas Cocain was popular and easily obtained....when they were involved in southeast asia heroin was easily obtained and very popular...seems that wherever the CIA is involved the drug of that area floods the US....I don't believe anyone wants to limit the CIA's ability to do their thing in foreign countries so we should all be thankful for the drug trade.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    the govt makes a lot.....think lawyers, courts, prisons & guards & transporting the prisons to trial and their healthcare etc

tip of the iceberg but it adds up to billions of dollars they control.

and the more they control, the less we do
    in this case less disposable income means more reliance on govt programs

just a what for---30 odd years ago near every one who had the grades could go to college
    and the loans were minimum. today it precludes the graduates from home ownership cause the
    bank runs their numbers and with the loans they come up short. but for the few who luck into
    6 figures (any strings ua think) jobs.

laws that cost us, cost in more ways than the upfront numbers your initially informed of.

legalize it and tax it will put money in different pockets.
    have to be careful cause the lawyers today are the politicians of tomorrow.
    and for sure they do not want to cheat themselves.

drugs.....oh, and put speed governers on cars. but than all that lost ticket revenue.
    that would save lives but it ain't gonna happen while the system is self-funding.

drugs; who here thought it was the illegal pharmacists that was making the big money?

The ATF wouldn't know what to do if they couldn't spend all of their resources busting distributors of pot, let alone other illicit substances. The police force in this country wouldn't have probable cause to search and arrest anyone without criminalization of drugs - therefore hates the idea of legalizing them. Pharmaceutical companies hate marijuana because it is so cheap to produce - they lose big bucks because of its alternate treatment effects.

There is a ton of federal/state money and jobs that revolve around illegal substances. There is also a lot of power over the people by having illicit substances. These entities don't want to change the laws; people be damned.

On another note, now the media is claiming accidental death by prescription pain killers have topped annual automobile accidental deaths in the US. I do realize that that is a big problem in this country, but I'm not so sure that I buy into those statistics... I'm assuming the agenda behind that one is calling for even tighter restrictions and more drug control measures.
    Chevy-SS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mascariot View Post
    The CIA funds itself by distributing drugs....we have armed military guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan.....Heroin is now a popular drug in the US and easily obtained...when the CIA was heavily involved in the lower Americas Cocain was popular and easily obtained....when they were involved in southeast asia heroin was easily obtained and very popular...seems that wherever the CIA is involved the drug of that area floods the US....I don't believe anyone wants to limit the CIA's ability to do their thing in foreign countries so we should all be thankful for the drug trade.
    Wow. The CIA funds itself by distributing drugs. News to me. I am not saying that our gvt has not done some stupid things but to imply that is how the CIA funds itself? You seem to have a major problem with the CIA.Just curious if you ever worked with them or for them? Just asking.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links