Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill" - Page 2

Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill"

This is a discussion on Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All I can say is that when the Fed Govt is telling folks to have 3 days of food & water per family member stored ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill"

Administrator
    All I can say is that when the Fed Govt is telling folks to have 3 days of food & water per family member stored in the household (which they have been doing BTW)...best change the "3" to at least 30 because they rarely get anything right.
    Doodle likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I could see an Aircraft Carrier so their Tactical F1 ultralight Air Force has a place to land and take off on water
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Would you prefer the govenrment look into this before or after it happens?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    IFIC the book series "Out of the Ashes" address the same issues and they ended up in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana.
    Great book series. I read them back in the 80's if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Would you prefer the govenrment look into this before or after it happens?
    What gets me is that they are looking into it. Kinda makes you stop and think for a minute...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    This is interesting. Is it a sign of the times?

CHEYENNE — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming should do in the event of a complete economic or political collapse in the United States.

When a state government is looking at things like this, it makes one wonder just exactly what we arent being told by the Federal Government.
    A state legislature with too much money has to find inventive ways to shovel surpluses into the pockets of its contributors. They aren't new you know, and neither is global peril. How short are your memories here? Y2K ring any bells? I grew up doing duck and cover drills and being sent home from school in simulated nuclear attacks on Washington D.C.. Doomsday nutbags are as old as civilization and were declaring "These are the end times" long before Revelations went to press. States have been making disaster plans since the beginning. You need to realize that "new to you" isn't always "new".

The funniest part is that of all the SHTF scenarios, the most plausible by far (though still unlikely) is the "Yellowstone Super Volcano eruption". You do know what that means for Wyoming, right?
    Sig 210 likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Hmmm...Maybe they`re ahead of the curve with this?. You never know,do we?.

The funniest part is that of all the SHTF scenarios, the most plausible by far (though still unlikely) is the "Yellowstone Super Volcano eruption". You do know what that means for Wyoming, right?
    Wyoming would be fried. Nearly everything west of the Mississippi River would be covered with ash.

Yellowstone Has Bulged as Magma Pocket Swells

The simmering volcano has produced major eruptions—each a thousand times more powerful than Mount St. Helens's 1980 eruption—three times in the past 2.1 million years. Yellowstone's caldera, which covers a 25- by 37-mile (40- by 60-kilometer) swath of Wyoming, is an ancient crater formed after the last big blast, some 640,000 years ago.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................

But beginning in 2004, scientists saw the ground above the caldera rise upward at rates as high as 2.8 inches (7 centimeters) a year. (Related: "Yellowstone Is Rising on Swollen 'Supervolcano.'")

The rate slowed between 2007 and 2010 to a centimeter a year or less. Still, since the start of the swelling, ground levels over the volcano have been raised by as much as 10 inches (25 centimeters) in places.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    If or when there is a significant SHTF event, it will be the individual that will survive and prevail, not any government entity doing it for them.
    +1 ... Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links