Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill"

This is a discussion on Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is interesting. Is it a sign of the times? CHEYENNE — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill"

Senior Moderator

Sign of the times? Wyoming House advances "Doomsday Bill"

This is interesting. Is it a sign of the times?

CHEYENNE — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming should do in the event of a complete economic or political collapse in the United States.
    House Bill 85 passed on first reading by a voice vote. It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government.

Read more: Wyoming House advances doomsday bill

When a state government is looking at things like this, it makes one wonder just exactly what we arent being told by the Federal Government.

Lets hear your thoughts and opinions on this. Keep it civil and keep in on track.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I doubt the usefulness of the study will come anywhere near what it will cost the tax payers of Wyoming.
    DaveH and 64zebra like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I doubt the usefulness of the study will come anywhere near what it will cost the tax payers of Wyoming.
    You may be right. Just the idea that something like this is being considered by a state government ought to raise some eyebrows.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'm glad that a state is thinking about the 'possibilities' of future problems, but WHY would WY need an aircraft carrier?
    JCabranes, ksholder and msgt/ret like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The article does not specify that the aircraft carrier has to be a ship. Maybe it's on wheels? U-turns would be difficult but they could cover some ground on those Wyoming highways.
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Wait...you mean not everyone has a private aircraft carrier already?

If there is a political meltdown, the last thing I'd want to do is follow a plan by a government that might not exist at that point.
    kwoodford likes this.

I see nothing wrong with it. A far as getting an aircraft carrier goes, they should do like Texas and get a retired U.S. Navy carrier. If you want to be a major player in the post American world you have to be able to protect your interests around the world.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    More likely this is a bunch of politicians seeking to protect their ability to get paid at the taxpayers expense.

If or when there is a significant SHTF event, it will be the individual that will survive and prevail, not any government entity doing it for them.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    While I think the aircraft carrier is a bit far fetched, I do applaud the WY legislature for thinking about how it protects its citizens if the US government fails. I would think things like a currency system may be more practical than an aircraft carrier, but the thinking has to start somewhere.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    They allocated $32,000 for the study. Sounds reasonable, and sane, unlike the Federal Government studies. I just noticed that the Joint Appropriations committee cut that in half. So make it $16,000 for the task force to study the issue.

You all do realize we have no state income tax here and also we are one of the few states operating in the black? We also have a few resevoirs here large enough to float an aircraft carrier as well as a flotila of other ships. Don't know why you would actually want to but hey it would be cool.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Aircraft Carrier = Ark

Huh. Might be enough to move me to Wyoming. As long as the results stay reasonable don't involve "let's take away everyone's freedom and turn in to a police state."

IFIC the book series "Out of the Ashes" address the same issues and they ended up in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana.

mel
    Forward thinking people are often looked at in a positive manner. I have to give credit to Wyoming and their legislature for their willingness to actually have the forethought to think of something before they are standing waste deep in #$%$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links