Mexico's Calderon Posts Gun-Free Zone - Page 2

Mexico's Calderon Posts Gun-Free Zone

This is a discussion on Mexico's Calderon Posts Gun-Free Zone within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok but now you are talking about invading sovereign nations........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Mexico's Calderon Posts Gun-Free Zone

Ok but now you are talking about invading sovereign nations.....

Ninjas!

A big part of the equation is border security and I mean all of them. Another big factor is enforcement and punishment for offenders here in America, whatever their citizenship status (I'm gonna include that nasty "diplomatic immunity" crap in there too). Zero Tolerance is acceptable for demoralizing a 3rd grader who just happens to extend his or her index finger and thumb while playing on the playground at school, we should apply another form of it to adults who traffic and use illegal drugs.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

If Calderon wants to stop the flow of "automatic" weapons to the cartels......He should look at his own military FIRST!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    we should set up our own signs on the border facing their signs. Ours would read:

"no more drugs and illegal aliens"
    i would contribute to that sign

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    azchevy you do have some valid points although I gotta say alcoholism is not as damaging as drug abuse. Sure it can get people killed and destroy families but not as easily and fast as illegal drugs. I hate to envision an America where marijuana, cocaine, lsd, angel dust, crack, huffing, pcp, and whatever else is something you go do with your buddies at the bar on Friday night. It's bad enough we have people driving impaired from alcohol we don't need people bugging out on crack behind the wheel.

Everyone talks about the "war on drugs", what war, seems more like sanctions. We need to start the bombing, cripple their defenses, interrupt their supplies, demoralize and eliminate their soldiers. By that I mean we need to punish the offenders so bad they will learn. No more "getting off" because the officer mispronounced a word or didn't cross a "t". Offenders need to be living in tents, wearing pink, eating food they prepare to fuel the hard labor they spend the daylight hours doing. We have to start treating prisoners like prisoners not like "guests".
    Drug abuse kills around 20k people in this country each year compared to over 100k who die from alcohol-related causes. Both pale in comparison to nicotine-related deaths which number over 400k. So, with legal behaviors killing about twenty-five times as many each years as the illegal ones, the drug war seems very ill-advised. Who, precisely are US forces going to bomb, this guy?
    Brother of Afghan Leader Said to Be Paid by C.I.A. - NYTimes.com
    or maybe this one, and his pals:
    Ricky Ross (drug trafficker) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    These examples are endless. The American war on drugs is essentially a war on its own people. They are, after all the ones who consume the product. People who are drawn to addictive behaviors are drawn regardless of legality, as demonstrated during the Prohibition Era.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    “Dear friends of the United States, Mexico needs your help to stop this terrible violence that we’re suffering,” Calderon said in English during the unveiling ceremony.

“The best way to do this is to stop the flow of automatic weapons into Mexico,” he added.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    It would seem that this sign is for us here in the U.S. more than anything. I would like to add, Calderon can take a flying leap....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Maybe he was trying to get in touch with the White House, And the Chief of the Bordrer Patrol, but their phone lines were down for some reason, so a sign was the next best thing.
    (maybe he wasn't to happy about "The Fast and the Furious either)

Mexico is a joke, and I wish everyone would STOP spending thier money vacationing there.
    Then, maybe they would get the message.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    “Dear friends of the United States, Mexico needs your help to stop this terrible violence that we’re suffering,” Calderon said in English during the unveiling ceremony.

“The best way to do this is to stop the flow of automatic weapons into Mexico,” he added.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Maybe he was trying to get in touch with the White House, And the Chief of the Bordrer Patrol, but their phone lines were down for some reason, so a sign was the next best thing.
    (maybe he wasn't to happy about "The Fast and the Furious either)
    Mexico is a joke, and I wish everyone would STOP spending thier money vacationing there.
    Then, maybe they would get the message.
    The vacation money being spent there pales in comparison to the drug money being spent there, hence the problem.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The vacation money being spent there pales in comparison to the drug money being spent there, hence the problem.

^^^^^^^^^^This much is true^^^^^^^^^^

But substitute Mexico for Afganistan, location/climate etc,,,, would you still advocate people spending their vacation money there ??

Their government "tries" to clean up the poppy fields to no avail.
    What is the difference?
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^This much is true^^^^^^^^^^

But substitute Mexico for Afganistan, location/climate etc,,,, would you still advocate people spending their vacation money there ??

Their government "tries" to clean up the poppy fields to no avail.
    What is the difference?
    Here you go:
    Fox News Video: U.S. Soldiers Guarding Opium Fields in Afghanistan - informationliberation
    William T. Sherman

So just anyone can buy automatic weapons here in the US, don't we already have laws against that.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member

^^^^^^^^Yeah^^^^^^^^

Thats pretty messed up

I saw a documentary a couple of years ago that showd the US gov. troops burning the fields.
    Who the H.E. Double Hockey Sticks are you gonna believe anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    We fuel the drugs with our appetite in the states.

We fuel the cartels with our "war on drugs" by federal, and lower governments.

We will NEVER win the war on drugs.

We are making brutal, evil men rich. These men step on their own people to get what they want.

We are supporting huge federal and local LE budgets to fight a losing war.

We need to say enough is enough.... legalize it, tax it and regulate it. Stop funding the militarization of law enforcement and stop funding the cartels to continue killing and pillaging the people. Corporations are corrupt and evil but they don't go around beheading humans and shooting up streets.

If anyone has a better solution I am all ears, I guarantee you putting a 90 foot wall up on the border with machine gun nests every 10 feet still won't stop the supply of drugs into this country. Where there is a demand and appetite, there will be an underground market. Enough is enough with this war on drugs garbage......

You think we are educated enough to learn from our own history with prohibition.... Our government created the gang violence by creating the underground demand.... guys like Al Capone were evil and brutal and seized the chance to supply the demand..... what happened once the demand could be supplied legally by companies? The gangster era ended.
    You know, I've been a cop for better than 15 years, and while I am in the minority of LEOs with my opinion (most of them seem to think we should keep fighting the "war on drugs" even though I have never talked to an LEO who thinks we can win it), I completely agree with you. Well, with one minor caveat. I don't think that the "militarization of the police" is a real problem, just one that gets pointed to when people are ranting about the drug war. We will always need SWAT teams, cops with access to rifles, etc. There are plenty of non-drug related uses for these teams and weapons, school shootings being just one example. The fact is that the rights of US citizens are significantly more protected by both law enforcement and the courts than they were 50 years ago no matter what anyone wants to think. The reason SWAT teams are unpopular is the small number of highly publicized raids that go wrong. Eliminating the war on drugs would largely eliminate this problem.

While I am all for legalizing drugs, I am also for severe punishment for people who commit other crimes commonly associated with drug addicts. Breaking and entering, robbery, fraud, etc.

FWIW, we already have crackheads, meth-heads, and other drug users driving while impaired, so legalization wouldn't change anything there.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    You know, I've been a cop for better than 15 years, and while I am in the minority of LEOs with my opinion (most of them seem to think we should keep fighting the "war on drugs" even though I have never talked to an LEO who thinks we can win it), I completely agree with you. Well, with one minor caveat. I don't think that the "militarization of the police" is a real problem, just one that gets pointed to when people are ranting about the drug war. We will always need SWAT teams, cops with access to rifles, etc. There are plenty of non-drug related uses for these teams and weapons, school shootings being just one example. The fact is that the rights of US citizens are significantly more protected by both law enforcement and the courts than they were 50 years ago no matter what anyone wants to think. The reason SWAT teams are unpopular is the small number of highly publicized raids that go wrong. Eliminating the war on drugs would largely eliminate this problem.

While I am all for legalizing drugs, I am also for severe punishment for people who commit other crimes commonly associated with drug addicts. Breaking and entering, robbery, fraud, etc.

FWIW, we already have crackheads, meth-heads, and other drug users driving while impaired, so legalization wouldn't change anything there.
    I agree with you on the war on drugs. IMO the reason most LEOs want it to continue, is there jobs. Imagine the war on drugs stopping. How many officers from the feds on down would not have a job to do...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I agree with you on the war on drugs. IMO the reason most LEOs want it to continue, is there jobs. Imagine the war on drugs stopping. How many officers from the feds on down would not have a job to do...
    And the judicial, and the political, and corrections, and treatment.
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    And the judicial, and the political, and corrections, and treatment.
    Yep that to...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links