Mexico's Calderon Posts Gun-Free Zone

This is a discussion on Mexico's Calderon Posts Gun-Free Zone within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just ran across this, and didn't find it posted anywhere else. Apologies if it is a double post. Mexico Unveils ‘No More Weapons!’ Sign ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Mexico's Calderon Posts Gun-Free Zone

VIP Member

I just ran across this, and didn't find it posted anywhere else. Apologies if it is a double post.
    Mexico Unveils ‘No More Weapons!’ Sign Made Of Firearms Along US Border « CBS Houston
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I saw this last week and thought about starting a thread.

It would have been better if he'd just posted signs, normally fabricated, that read: "No más la corrupción judicial" all over Mexico. It'd do about as much good too.
    64zebra likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Well, I typed about three responses to this thread, and decided that any of the three would get me a nasty gram, so I'll just shut up.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I'm with that guy^
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    We should set up our own signs on the border facing their signs. Ours would read:

"NO MORE DRUGS AND ILLEGAL ALIENS"
    joker1, OD*, 64zebra and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

“Dear friends of the United States, Mexico needs your help to stop this terrible violence that we’re suffering,” Calderon said in English during the unveiling ceremony.

“The best way to do this is to stop the flow of automatic weapons into Mexico,” he added.
    It would seem that this sign is for us here in the U.S. more than anything. I would like to add, Calderon can take a flying leap....
    64zebra likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

"click" Blame others for your own troubles.
    "click" Blame inanimate objects for your troubles.
    "click" Ask for help to fight the "evil."
    "click" Problems solved!

rubikcube.jpg

ooops. maybe not...
    joker1 and 64zebra like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Now how is that going to ever work, the people sneaking into this country illegally and stealing guns (also illegally, I think), and taking them back to Mexico can't read English. He needs to spend some more money and spell it out in spanish or columbian or guatamalen or whatever. If I gotta read signs in 2 languages here in the middle of the US they should have to at the border also.
    64zebra likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

We fuel the drugs with our appetite in the states.

We fuel the cartels with our "war on drugs" by federal, and lower governments.

We will NEVER win the war on drugs.

We are making brutal, evil men rich. These men step on their own people to get what they want.

We are supporting huge federal and local LE budgets to fight a losing war.

We need to say enough is enough.... legalize it, tax it and regulate it. Stop funding the militarization of law enforcement and stop funding the cartels to continue killing and pillaging the people. Corporations are corrupt and evil but they don't go around beheading humans and shooting up streets.

If anyone has a better solution I am all ears, I guarantee you putting a 90 foot wall up on the border with machine gun nests every 10 feet still won't stop the supply of drugs into this country. Where there is a demand and appetite, there will be an underground market. Enough is enough with this war on drugs garbage......

You think we are educated enough to learn from our own history with prohibition.... Our government created the gang violence by creating the underground demand.... guys like Al Capone were evil and brutal and seized the chance to supply the demand..... what happened once the demand could be supplied legally by companies? The gangster era ended.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    That's about as guaranteed to be effective as a protection order is from a court.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    We need to say enough is enough.... legalize it, tax it and regulate it.
    What is your solution to drug abusers who basically abandon their children for drugs?

Do you really believe that if the costs of a meth head's daily needs were suddenly halved because the drug was now legal, that said meth head would suddenly go out and get a job? Or would you propose that they continue to be allowed to cook up their own stuff in apartment buildings, motels, etc. because a free person has the right to do whatever they want to do?
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    What is your solution to drug abusers who basically abandon their children for drugs?

Do you really believe that if the costs of a meth head's daily needs were suddenly halved because the drug was now legal, that said meth head would suddenly go out and get a job? Or would you propose that they continue to be allowed to cook up their own stuff in apartment buildings, motels, etc. because a free person has the right to do whatever they want to do?
    So let's see my solution legalizes it, we get to tax it and the above scenario still happens causing extra costs for therapy/medical/social services/etc that still occur now and corporations put the cartels out of business to find other avenues of revenue.

OR Your status quo keeps it illegal, and your above scenario still happens with the same extra costs therapy/medical/social services/etc except now we SPEND $23.44 billion funding the militarization of police forces on the War on Drugs (2011 numbers) and the cartels are still in business.

People still steal and are dirtbags about it but now we are generating revenue on it instead of pouring tax dollars into a hole in the ground.

The war on drugs is a tax fleece. Go read a book on prohibition.... tell me how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post

There is no solution for that any more than there's a solution for the alcoholic that does the same... Drinking alcohol is not a crime... child endangerment/abandonment is.

The "war on drugs" is as much a political thing as "border security."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

We need to wake up, start dismantling all of these three letter agencies, state task forces, militarized PD's and start focusing on the social aspects of it because we are NEVER going to stop it. EVER EVER. So why keep dumping billions into into a huge black hole just so we can fill up more prisons and cost taxpayers more and more money and create breeding grounds for criminals to learn new trades? You cannot stop addicts..... you cannot stop appetite and demand....

Sending in 20 man SWAT teams with 40K each of new shiney gear every couple of years to kick in some crack dealers door solves nothing. Ten minutes after they leave a new one sets up shop a few doors down and the supply continues unabated. Legalize it, regulate it, control the costs and flood the market so it is not profitable for the cartels to do business. The social aspects and criminal aspects will always be there. You cannot make an addict work or make him stop using, nor can you stop him from stealing his neighbors items to fund it..... those problems exist war on drugs or not. But you sure as heck can stop spending our tax money trying to chase our own tails stopping it and filling up our prisons and costing us billions upon billions each year..... and we wonder why our taxes never go down. More people..... bigger budgets.... bigger problems. Exponentially as population expands with zero end in sight. Throwing money and LE with expensive toys at the problem won't fix it. It is bigger than all of us. Addiction and appetite will always be there. Spend the billions on educating our children instead of on militarization of LE. Smarter kids = smarter choices. There will always be stupidity in the world.

azchevy you do have some valid points although I gotta say alcoholism is not as damaging as drug abuse. Sure it can get people killed and destroy families but not as easily and fast as illegal drugs. I hate to envision an America where marijuana, cocaine, lsd, angel dust, crack, huffing, pcp, and whatever else is something you go do with your buddies at the bar on Friday night. It's bad enough we have people driving impaired from alcohol we don't need people bugging out on crack behind the wheel.

Everyone talks about the "war on drugs", what war, seems more like sanctions. We need to start the bombing, cripple their defenses, interrupt their supplies, demoralize and eliminate their soldiers. By that I mean we need to punish the offenders so bad they will learn. No more "getting off" because the officer mispronounced a word or didn't cross a "t". Offenders need to be living in tents, wearing pink, eating food they prepare to fuel the hard labor they spend the daylight hours doing. We have to start treating prisoners like prisoners not like "guests".
    WHEC724 and 64zebra like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links