Video Released of LEO being shot...

This is a discussion on Video Released of LEO being shot... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This happened in April but the defense was trying to have the video not released to the public because it would prejudice potential jurors. Video: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Video Released of LEO being shot...

Video Released of LEO being shot...

This happened in April but the defense was trying to have the video not released to the public because it would prejudice potential jurors.

Video: Man waiting with gun shoots cop

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Im glad officer wagner is back on the job according to the followup link they apprehended the shooter.
    Cape Coral officer in fair condition after shooting, gunman in custody

Vest likely saved his life. Glad they got the BG. String 'em up.

Where's that extension cord when you need it?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    In order to make a fair and just judgment the jury needs to see all the evidence, show them the video.
    thephanatik likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Glad the officer is alive, and the spineless suspect caught!

Not trying to be hard on the officer, but that was a risky move to be firing at the vehicle after it pulled away. I understand use of deadly force was justified, but there were innocents in his line of fire. I am also happy to hear no one else was injured.

IMO, this is a reminder to practice breathing and control. When the SHTF, you want to better your odds that you can keep all your faculties in order to do the job that needs to be done, with the least amount of risk necessary to anyone.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

I'm glad he is ok. I'm even more glad that none of the drivers passing by were shot.

VIP Member
    Glad the officer has recuperated, and is back to work.
    He should have stayed in the passengers blindspot. It MAY not have protected him fully, but the shooter would have had to really move hard and fast to get an accurate shot off, even playing the off chance he(the shooter) was a lefty.
    Rhanded he would have really had to struggle to get an accurate shot off, let alone 3 good hits.

I know, I know, I'm MMQBacking.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    First I am glad the officer is ok and the suspect caught. I am however going to make a couple of statements which may pee in someones cheerios.

The officer used some very bad tactics on the traffic stop which led to the suspect being able to do what he did. This video needs to be used as a training aid to show other officers what not to do in the same situation. As has been stated the officer firing at a moving, fleeing vehicle was probably not a good idea thankfully no one was hurt.
    sgb and Cook74 like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The car that was in the line of fire it appears turned around to check on him. I wonder if it got ventilated. Very poor choice to fire at the suspect that long after the initial shooting. OTOH the LEO showed amazing composure. I wonder did he think he might die, and wanted to get the best suspect description possible out on the radio before he passed out?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    First I am glad the officer is ok and the suspect caught. I am however going to make a couple of statements which may pee in someones cheerios.

The officer used some very bad tactics on the traffic stop which led to the suspect being able to do what he did. This video needs to be used as a training aid to show other officers what not to do in the same situation. As has been stated the officer firing at a moving, fleeing vehicle was probably not a good idea thankfully no one was hurt.
    QFT, could not have articulated it better myself.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

Very good point. It should be a training aid.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Dangerous job, you never know one stop to the next. Happy he has returned to service.

Glad he is okay and I hope the shooter fries for this

What else did he do wrong besides angle of approach on the passenger and shoot at a fleeing vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links