LEO stuck in bad weather - Page 2

LEO stuck in bad weather

This is a discussion on LEO stuck in bad weather within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Somebody answer me this: I have been told it is not courteous to not notify a LEO if you are armed during a trafficc stop ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: LEO stuck in bad weather

Somebody answer me this: I have been told it is not courteous to not notify a LEO if you are armed during a trafficc stop though you are in your rights. But When stopped I am courteous and polite in manner and speach.
    And like I stated, I pulled a jerk badged Forestry guy out of a ditch and would do so for any LEO. So, am I a courteous person or not?

Why wouldn't you stop?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Me? I said I stop to help folks

I would stop and help him. I know I stopped to help a lot of people when I was active LEO. I've changed many a tire for the fairer sex and the elderly.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My question was to the thread...not any one poster...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

here in WI, you can be ticketed for helping TOW someone out of a ditch or anything. I know it happened, to me, i hauled someone out with my truck Silverado 1500, as a cop pulled up and asked if i had a towing license. I said no, and he said he had to cut me a ticket. my buddy stopped to help someone while a cop was there, he pulled them out and the cop handed him the same ticket. personally i think its BS, but the Government wants their money anyway anyhow. if i have to pay to do the right thing then so be it. although the person i pulled out of the ditch wanted to give me $10.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

I would have appreciated someone stopping to offer help back when I was an LEO as much as I would appreciate it now as "Joe Citizen". Sadly, Joe Citizen will probbly rot before anyone stops to help because most people would be highly apprehensive about stopping to help anyone other than a marked police vehicle out of fear it was a hijack trap.

Obviously, you would become a liability if you stopped to help an LEO in such an instance and didn't have a vehicle (or tow strap) adequate enough to be of any value because the LE does have the radio to summon help. However, since that "help" doesn't travel at the speed of a radio signal and may take hours to arrive, getting an LE back on the street to help others and/or respond to emergency calls as soon as possible does everyone in general a big favor.
    Crescentstar, l1a1 and 64zebra like this.

I would have pulled him out,he may have needed to get to a priority call,he would have to call for a tow truck which would have left him stuck and unable to respond to any calls until he was freed.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I would have pulled him out,he may have needed to get to a priority call,he would have to call for a tow truck which would have left him stuck and unable to respond to any calls until he was freed.
    This. I'd rather have that officer out on the roads available for a call, instead of sitting in a ditch unable to help those in need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have (and have) stopped. That sort of thing is why I keep a tow strap in the back of the truck.
    Chevyguy85 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Moderator
    Getting a ticket for pulling someone out of a ditch?

You've GOT to be kidding me.

Now I remember why I live here in the South.
    Chevyguy85 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Getting a ticket for pulling someone out of a ditch?

You've GOT to be kidding me.

Now I remember why I live here in the South.
    I was thinking the same thing. Down here I think it's a "requirement" to help someone stuck. I remembered the advice below from an old joke list, and there's lots of truth to it.

3.If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

True a LEO would have a radio/phone and can call for his own help. I'd be glad to offer help, though it is possible he may decline due to liability issues.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Stopping to help is the right thing to do. It seems to me, to many folks are scared to do the right things now a days...I would stop and help
    Bark'n likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I have been the guy stranded in the past, I will almost always stop (I have started driving by cars with Obama bumper stickers) and render assistance. I have taken guys who ran out gas to the nearest station AND back and waited till they had it started again (in 1 case I paid for the gas too), waited along the interstate in the dark for the dad of a young lady to come get her....

A clear conscience makes a soft pillow.
    The "Sleep at Night test"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links