Marines Land In Syria

Marines Land In Syria

This is a discussion on Marines Land In Syria within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Marines have landed in Syria: Russian marines that is. This may get interesting fast. http://news.yahoo.com/russian-anti-t...-abc-news.html Quote: A Russian military unit has arrived in Syria, ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By 1911srule
  • 1 Post By MisterAvis
  • 8 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By noway2
  • 1 Post By ctr
  • 1 Post By Brady

Thread: Marines Land In Syria

Marines Land In Syria

The Marines have landed in Syria: Russian marines that is. This may get interesting fast.

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-anti-t...-abc-news.html

Quote:
    A Russian military unit has arrived in Syria, according to Russian news reports, a development that a United Nations Security Council source told ABC News was "a bomb" certain to have serious repercussions.

Russia, one of President Bashar al-Assad's strongest allies despite international condemnation of the government's violent crackdown on the country's uprising, has repeatedly blocked the United Nations Security Council's attempts to halt the violence, accusing the U.S. and its allies of trying to start another war.

Now the Russian Black Sea fleet's Iman tanker has arrived in the Syrian port of Tartus on the Mediterranean Sea with an anti-terror squad from the Russian Marines aboard according to the Interfax news agency. The Assad government has insisted it is fighting a terrorist insurgency.

It speaks volumes imho. It is a warning to the US to "keep out" or risk confrontation with Russia. I hope we keep our nose out of Syria and stop peeing in everyone else' s pool for a change...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

There just showing their true colors, we knew this all along..nothing new....Any bets on the Iran thing Going on and their supporting them too. Who was the nut case that let them in the United Nations...geeze. Same goes for China too. All these countries are completely against western allies...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Don't get me going. The "peaceful protestors" in Syria... aren't holding signs... but rather Kalashnikovs and RPGs... and the neo-(insert your favorite political ideology here) nuclear lunacy in Iran... only pervades in the complete ignorance of nuclear science of the average Fox News and MSNBC watcher. If Iran is contracting out centrifugal enrichment of their 5% enriched stock of Uranium to 20%... and the immediate threat is their ability to enrich to 20% (needed for legitimate production of molybdenum-99, which will cease to be produced out of the only remaining reactor in Canada in 2015) ... and western and Israeli powers are asserting Iran's intent to enrich their 20% enriched 238 to the 95%+ enrichment level required for weapons... who do you think is selling a pile of 100% enriched BS?? ... Look I am 100% American. But every time I want to feel nationalistic I put down my flag and pick up my constitution. And that tells me we need to be the heck out of these foreign countries. Hegemony is not security. And my interests are not the UN's interests.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAvis View Post
    Don't get me going. The "peaceful protestors" in Syria... aren't holding signs... but rather Kalashnikovs and RPGs... and the neo-(insert your favorite political ideology here) nuclear lunacy in Iran... only pervades in the complete ignorance of nuclear science of the average Fox News and MSNBC watcher. If Iran is contracting out centrifugal enrichment of their 5% enriched stock of Uranium to 20%... and the immediate threat is their ability to enrich to 20% (needed for legitimate production of molybdenum-99, which will cease to be produced out of the only remaining reactor in Canada in 2015) ... and western and Israeli powers are asserting Iran's intent to enrich their 20% enriched 238 to the 95%+ enrichment level required for weapons... who do you think is selling a pile of 100% enriched BS?? ... Look I am 100% American. But every time I want to feel nationalistic I put down my flag and pick up my constitution. And that tells me we need to be the heck out of these foreign countries. Hegemony is not security. And my interests are not the UN's interests.
    Hate to put it this way....... But that is exactly what a lot of people were saying .... when Britain and France was asking for our assistance in stopping Hitler. Consequently , we did not get involved until much much later..... and it cost millions of lives as a result.

The estimates are , that Iran (since 1970's revolution) has killed between 30-60 million of their own people. Seems Syria has been on the same path.

So just asking here, but how many 100's of thousands or even millions die, before the rest of the world says , "enough !!! ". ??? Iran in particular , thru the Hezbollah (who they created) , have killed how many American's since the 1970's ............. way way too many. I would take Syria and Iran both very seriously.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Hate to put it this way....... But that is exactly what a lot of people were saying .... when Britain and France was asking for our assistance in stopping Hitler. Consequently , we did not get involved until much much later..... and it cost millions of lives as a result.
    This is not the same as WW II. How is Iran or Syria in a position to invade other countries and prevail? Got news for you, if the US needed we could contain them and defeat invasions by air and missles. You answer me that question. Besides, why do we have to go to the rescue of allies that barely support us militarily? Nope. Again, old men wanting to send young men to die.

The estimates are , that Iran (since 1970's revolution) has killed between 30-60 million of their own people. Seems Syria has been on the same path.
    It ain't our problem. If they don't like being abused they can fight back. Again, where is the threat to the US? None. WE ARE NOT THE WORLDS POLICE

So just asking here, but how many 100's of thousands or even millions die, before the rest of the world says , "enough !!! ". ??? Iran in particular , thru the Hezbollah (who they created) , have killed how many American's since the 1970's ............. way way too many. I would take Syria and Iran both very seriously.
    How on earth are all of these millions going to die? And who are those millions? Are they attacking the US? No offense intended but you probably thought Iraq was a good idea. Here is a tid bit of info for you: whether Iraq had WMD's was irrevelent. They no delivery system and non in production. They were not a threat then and would not have been a threat now. So we invade stable country that was no threat to anybody and left it worst than we found it.
    As far as Iran being a threat and why they want to kill us. Why don't you look at the history of Iran and the US and see wy they just might not like to much. BTW: Iran has not attacked anyone in over 100 years.
    Got news for you again. There will always be terrorists attacks. They attack all nations citizens. Maybe it would be fun to watch another country take charge for once. We have a target on us because we paint it!
    Again, old men wanting to send young men to war and die. I am sick of it. Not one soldier died in Iraq defending our freedom. Sorry but true. Our country spends more time having our soldiers killed for other countries freedoms.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am not sure what my coffee was spiked with this morning, but it must have been something. The fact that I am in 100% agreement with suntzu is an event.
    21bubba likes this.

VIP Member
    Sit back and relax, this is all part of the grand plan. Russia will move against Israel along with Syria and Iran. The US won't be around to get involved.
    Brady likes this.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Careful boys. If a disagreement breaks out on here it is subject to get locked down.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Link is no longer working. Having read the report, look at the source...it's a single-source from anti-Assad forces. Zero corroboration. Not believing the report.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

You guys are funny. Russia has stated that their naval ship was brought in to protect their shipping interests against piracy. Russia has just initiated cooperative efforts with Nato in regards to supporting efforts against Syria's dictator. Ease up on the war drums and paranoia.
    Last edited by mwhich50; March 21st, 2012 at 02:06 AM.

I don't really care what Russia is doing if they are doing anything. I just care about the US not getting involved. That is the good thing about that attitude. You don't beat war drums nor develop paranoia.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Sit back and relax, this is all part of the grand plan. Russia will move against Israel along with Syria and Iran. The US won't be around to get involved.
    ...and get their rears handed to 'em.
    Tzadik likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Sponsored Links