Yep, somebody killed a policeman today,
In your town or mine
While we slept in comfort behind our locked doors,
A cop put his life on the line.
Now his ghost walks a beat on a dark city street,
And he stands at each new rookie's side
He answered the call, of himself gave his all
And a part of America died.
I hope his killer gets a swift, speedy, scrupulously fair trial, followed by a nice lethal injection.

Matt

#5 ·
I noted this line with disgust from the article:
He has an extensive criminal history involving weapons and assault, officials said.
So since the criminal justice system let this lowlife scumbag (rest of comments redacted, if I said what I truly thought of the killer, I'd get banned) back out into society, Officer Schroder lost his life.

His family has to go on without him.

And once again, strong, brave men and women will line up and weep quietly to the sound of Amazing Grace on the bagpipes.

(God, how I hate the sound of Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. I used to tell the piper in the honor guard in our department that I would come back and a squirrel and run up the kilt....)

Sincere condolences to his family and department.

What a senseless waste.

Matt

#6 ·
Damn - just damn! What a tragic waste and heartfelt condolences to his family.

This is not the first time body armor's weak spot led to a death. A very sad quirk of fate.

Matt - thx for posting those powerful prose words.

#10 ·
This Really Bothers Me...

I am very tired of BG's with these long lists of convictions...and they can still be on the streets. "Liberal Judges":aargh4: :aargh4:
I hope his family can stay strong!
I can say no more!

ret :urla9ub:

#12 ·
"It is not how these officers died that made them heroes. It is how they lived."--Inscription on the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, Washington, DC

Rest in peace, Officer Schroeder. Prayers for comfort and strength for his family and friends who are left behind.

Hope for swift justice for his murderer.

#18 ·
We also had an officer down yesterday here. This is very sad! Thank you for your service officer Schroeder, you will not be forgotten.

RIP!

#19 ·
DAMN! Just DAMN!

"Schroeder, a 1992 Kent State graduate, leaves behind his wife, Amy, and his 8-month-old son, Eric."

Prayers for the family and the fellow officers.

#21 ·
"Schroeder, a 1992 Kent State graduate, leaves behind his wife, Amy, and his 8-month-old son, Eric."

that's just a damned shame, that he'll never get to see his son grow up, and his son will never know his father. God bless his family, and I hope that bastard gets a swift pass through death row.

...it's a shame it's all done through lethal injections these days too, I'd gladly donate the .45 rounds for the cause.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.