al-qaeda web sites going down.

This is a discussion on al-qaeda web sites going down. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mystery surrounds silencing of key al Qaeda websites – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs if this is true, it sure makes them look poorly ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rambosky
  • 1 Post By Caertaker

Thread: al-qaeda web sites going down.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Mystery surrounds silencing of key al Qaeda websites – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

if this is true, it sure makes them look poorly run, not that they needed any help with that.
    Zelin speculated the outage could be tied to the recent arrest of Mudhar Hussein Almalki in Spain. Almalki maintained the Ansar al-Mujahidin Forum, according to a Spanish police document provided to CNN. The police document alleges Almalki ran the site and oversaw who could access it, spread information to jihadists and maintained private chat rooms to "carry out meetings with others to give out instructions," according to a translation of the document.
    Sounds like someone lost the sticky with the passwords.

Anyone hear anything on this? Just poor internet maintenance on the part of al-qaeda, or the quiet before the storm. I'm leaning toward someone hacking the site, a government or other group.
    Last edited by 4my sons; April 3rd, 2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling Dooouugghhhhhhhh
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    Gee wonder who might have done that?

Guess some of that super secret ninja stuff, secret monitoring, wiretapping thing might have paid off.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Gee wonder who might have done that?

Guess some of that super secret ninja stuff, secret monitoring, wiretapping thing might have paid off.
    As long as it is legal

Maybe someone forget to pay their bill.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Now suntzu you know they would never do anything unethical like that that comment was just for you brother.

Maybe someone forget to pay their bill.

I can just hear it now.

"Sir, we can set you up on a payment plan but we need $1,456,324.00 today to continue your service. Yes sir I realize you are fighting a Jihad right now but you still need to pay on the past due balance. You can pay $25.00 today and the balance on the 1st?, ok let me talk to my supervisor and see what I can do".
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Too bad, so sad.
    surefire7 likes this.

Sumpin tells me that weve been monitoring their sites for years which is why dipstick is now in custody and everyone else is trying to cover allah their asses
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hopefully this isn't a "calm before the storm"...
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Where is Sixto? I blame him

I seriously doubt any of the serious terrorists were using something so open source for planning.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Where is Sixto? I blame him

I seriously doubt any of the serious terrorists were using something so open source for planning.
    Sixto even does ninja'ing in spain? No-one is safe!

Links