How would you answer the last question in this survey - Page 2

How would you answer the last question in this survey

This is a discussion on How would you answer the last question in this survey within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 Controversial survey of U.S. troops-Fiction! The one given in the eighties was certainly real. Anyone who took it would definitely remember. ...

View Poll Results: How would you answer?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 2.44%
  • no

40 97.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How would you answer the last question in this survey

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    The one given in the eighties was certainly real. Anyone who took it would definitely remember. I cannot speak about this recent one one way or another. Too each, their own...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

I will defend the U.S. Constitution from both foriegn and domestic threats!
    gunthorp and Justified like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    How I would answer the question a on survey is meaningless compared to how I would actually respond if issued such an order .
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Been looking for some articles on this. Most are wacko web sites sadly, referencing the 2012 and 1995 survey. Nothing on one my unit participated in. No acknowledgement from the US government at all in any searches I did in an hour. Survey is being brushed off with an explanation that some Navy CMDR was responsible as he was working on a Masters degree and gave the survey. I call BS to that, the survey was given at least three times, mid eighties, mid nineties and this year. That guy sure has been working on that degree a long darn time!
    RIP Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Indefinite detention allows the president to use the army...passed in the military appropriations bill and recently signed by the O, effectively killing posse comitatus.

Most fact checkers like Snopes are Soros leftist controlled, but they won't admit to it. Will we see more of this sort of thing to soften up our troops to unconstitutional behavior?
    First Sgt and 1911srule like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    The following survey was given to U.S. Marines at the 29 Palms Marine Corps base in California:
    DD Form 3206 (Rev 2/96)JOINT SERVICES TRAINING COMBAT ARMS SURVEYPart A
    Funny how this survey is listed as DD Form 3206. I did a search for DD Forms and found the highest form number is DD2949.
    Department of Defense (DD) Forms 2500—2999
    Hopyard likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Twenty one yrs on active duty, many publications I used for my job are'nt listed or accessible to civilians. Just saying the military isn't obligated to be transparent.
    gunthorp likes this.
    RIP Jeff Cooper

This is only one example of why this subject concerns me. Governments lie to its military, its people, then they disarm them, then much worse can follow.IMHO the 2nd Amendment is'nt about hunting...

World War II: The Holocaust - In Focus - The Atlantic
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    The one given in the eighties was certainly real. Anyone who took it would definitely remember. I cannot speak about this recent one one way or another. Too each, their own...
    Can't speak to the Marines but I never saw anything like this while I was in the Army back in the mid 80's and two of my friends that served as XO's and CO's of basic training companies and battalions at both Benning and Leonard Wood, and line units in First Cav, 82nd Airborne, and 101st Airborne have stated the only place they have ever seen this is on the internet.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

mcp1810,
    One of the articles I came across mentioned that the survey was given to Marines because of wording in Posse Comitatus limited others. Don't know, still looking to satisfy myself. I usually don't post about this kinda stuff, but I know its true. I'm no liar Sir...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    mcp1810,
    One of the articles I came across mentioned that the survey was given to Marines because of wording in Posse Comitatus limited others. Don't know, still looking to satisfy myself. I usually don't post about this kinda stuff, but I know its true. I'm no liar Sir...
    1911srule, Sorry for any misunderstanding, I never meant to say I thought you were lying. What I meant to say was that between myself and friends that are still active duty none of us have ever seen anything like this presented to active duty Army troops in training or in line units.

ETA: Additional reading: http://jpfo.org/articles-assd/29palms-mcmanus.htm

A little more background on events surrounding the survey.

And from the author:
    http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/200...nd-famous.html
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

mcp1810,
    Thats cool. Trust me I'm skeptical of internet conspiracy stuff too. Only reason I responded to this is because I have first hand knowledge. I'd like to see our congress critters investigate this and put it out for all to see. I'm not a letter writer, but I'll be sending a few. What really gets me is that the CO's of the units who participated in this did'nt raise holy hell with the chain of command. I chalk it up to an increasingly more PC military...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Funny how this survey is listed as DD Form 3206. I did a search for DD Forms and found the highest form number is DD2949.
    It's always that way. Conspiracy theorists and wackos never get it right.
    Hopyard likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links