How would you answer the last question in this survey

This is a discussion on How would you answer the last question in this survey within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The following survey was given to U.S. Marines at the 29 Palms Marine Corps base in California: DD Form 3206 (Rev 2/96)JOINT SERVICES TRAINING COMBAT ...

View Poll Results: How would you answer?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 2.44%
  • no

40 97.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How would you answer the last question in this survey

VIP Member

How would you answer the last question in this survey

The following survey was given to U.S. Marines at the 29 Palms Marine Corps base in California:
    DD Form 3206 (Rev 2/96)JOINT SERVICES TRAINING COMBAT ARMS SURVEYPart A (Confidential when filled in)This questionnaire is to gather data concerning the attitudes of combat trained personnel with regard to non-traditional missions. All responses are confidential and official. Write your answers directly on the form. In Part II, place an “X” in the space provided for your response.Date:_____________Part 1. Demographics.1. Branch of Service: Army ( ) USAF ( ) Navy ( ) Marines ( ) ANG ( ) NG ( ) USCG ( ) Other: ( )2. Pay Grade: (E-6, O-4, etc) ( )3. MOS, AFSC or Specialty Code and Description: ( )4. Highest level of education: Less than 12 ( ) 13 ( ) 14 ( ) 15 ( ) (16) ( ) More than 16 ( )5. How many months did you serve in Operation Desert Storm/Desert Shield?( )
    6. How many months did you serve in Somalia? ( )
    7. Where did you spend most of your childhood?
    City: ( ); County: ( ) State: ( )
    Part II. Attitude:
    Do you feel that U.S. combat troops should be used within the U.S. and bordering countries for any of the following missions?
    (Strongly Disagree) (Disagree) (Agree) (Strongly Agree) (No Opinion)
    8. Drug enforcement
    9. Disaster relief (e.g. hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes)
    10. Security at national events (e.g. Olympic Games, Super Bowl)
    11. Environmental disaster clean-up including toxic and nuclear
    12. Substitute teachers and school workers in public schools
    13. Community assistance programs (e.g. landscaping, environmental clean-up,road repair, animal control)
    14. Federal and State prison guards and auxiliary police
    15. National emergency police force/international security force
    16. Advisors to SWAT units, the FBI, or the BATF
    17. Border Patrol (e.g. prevention of entry of illegal aliens into U.S. territory)
    18. Drug enforcement and interdiction
    19. Disaster relief in bordering countries (e.g. hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes, etc.)
    20. Environmental disaster clean-up in bordering countries including toxic and nuclear.
    21. Peace keeping and local law enforcement and internal security forces
    22. National building (reconstruct civil governments, develop public school system, develop or improve public transportation system, etc.)
    23. Humanitarian relief (e.g. food and medical supplies, temporary housing and clothing and domestic care).
    Do you feel that U.S. combat troops should be used in other countries, under command of non-U.S. officers appointed by the U.N. for any of the following missions?
    24. Drug enforcement.
    25. Disaster relief (e.g. hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes)
    26. Environmental disaster clean-up including toxic and nuclear.
    27. Peace keeping including local law enforcement and internal security forces
    28. National building (reconstruct civil government, develop public school system, develop or improve public transportation system, etc.
    29. Humanitarian relief (e.g. food and medical supplies, temporary housing and clothing and domestic care)
    30. Police action (e.g. Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm but serving under non-U.S. officers)
    31. The U.S. runs a field training exercise. U.N. combat troops should be allowed to serve in U.S. combat units during these exercises under U.S. command and control.
    32. The U.N. runs a field training exercise. U.S. combat troops under U.S. command and control should serve in U.N. combat units during these exercises
    33. The U.N. runs a field training exercise. U. S. combat troops should serve under U.N. command and control.
    34. U.S. combat troops should participate in U.N.missions as long as the U.S. has full command and control.
    35. U.S. combat troops should participate in U.N. missions under U.N. command and control.
    36. U.S. combat troops should be commanded by U.N. officers and non- commissioned officers at battalion, wing and company levels while performing U.N. missions.
    37. It would make no difference to me to have U.N. soldiers as members of my team.
    38. It would make no difference to me to take orders from a U.N. company or squadron commander.
    39. I feel the President of the U.S. has the authority to pass his responsibilities as Commander-in-Chief to the U.N. Secretary General.
    40. I feel there is no conflict between my oath of office and serving as a U.N. soldier.
    41. I feel my unit’s combat effectiveness would not be affected by performing huminatarian and peace keeping missions for the U.N.
    42. I feel a designated unit of U.S. combat soldiers should be permanently assigned to the command and control of the U.N.
    43. I would be willing to volunteer for assignment to a U.S. combat unit under a U.N. commander.
    44. I would like U.N. member countries, including the U.S., to give the U.N. all the soldiers necessary to maintain world peace.
    45. I would swear to the following code:
    “I am a United Nations fighting person. I serve in the forces which maintain world peace and every nation’s way of life. I swear and affirm to support and defend the Charter of the United Nations and I am prepared to give my life in its defense.”
    46. The U.S. government declares a ban on the possession, sale, transportation, and transfer of all non-approved firearms. A 30-day amnesty period is established for these firearms to be turned over to the local authorities. At the end of this period, a number of irregular citizen groups and defiant individuals refuse to turn over their firearms to authority.
    Consider the following statement:
    “I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the United States government.”
    End of Survey
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

2. Remove Ads

Right..................

This is for the Marines? The Marines do not enforce domestic laws.
    Whoever wrote this internet quiz should have used the National Guard.

I don't know about this recent one, but our unit had a similar survey back in 1985-6?. It was given to active duty Marines and Army units. Ours was at MCAS Beaufort S.C administered at the base theater. I may have written the following in the side of the column. "I would shoot the officer who gave the order!" The last question is still being asked and is unchanged.These surveys speak volumes as to the intent of the originator. It needed to be public back then imho so as the American people can judge its intent themselves...
    Last edited by 1911srule; April 10th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
    RIP Jeff Cooper

#46 is bad,but #45 is even worse,that we have to swear alliegence to any other than our own Nation.
    First Sgt, oneshot and carracer like this.

+1 regel42 US Forces do not enforce laws. That is a state, county, local job. Even FEMA gets the governor's ok before acting in a disaster. (Technically, the governor must request Federal help) This appears to be an ATTITUDE SURVEY of all branches. The statements are not necessarily what can be done,but asks for their attitude if they were ordered, asked, etc to do the things listed. Maybe the higher ups are trying to form their advice to DOD and the Comander-in-Chief should something like the "what ifs" is brought up. As for #12, I'd have a hard time doing that act. Unless I was fired upon, no.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was youner

Sig 210 and sgb like this.
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Thanks for the link. I learned something new today.
    carracer likes this.
    Walk softly ...

I've asked friends in the National Guard what they would do in this situation. All of them said no, but not for the same reasons. Some said no because of the constitution, the rest said no because of the constitution and that they would be afraid of people like me.

Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

wow, this whole thread
    Rock and Glock likes this.

President of the US in 1995. Bill Clinton.

Just a survey Yeah Sure and they banned the hig Cap mags ETC

VIP Member
    I find don't recall ever seeing any inquiry as to how I 'felt' about something

Orders, directives and butt-chewings - yes, but not much about my 'feelings' or opinions.
    Secret Spuk and mano3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    wow, this whole thread
    Get used to it. Misinformation will be an effective tool in the information age. In the old days, there was always a lag between information acquisition and information dissemination. This allowed for an equalization of "propaganda", and a measured reasoned response. No more. Just witness some of our recent events, the role the media played in disinformation, and the unmeasured response of citizens. Buckle up!

I would not be willing to answer that question were I a Marine.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links