Bad, bad day...

This is a discussion on Bad, bad day... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rest in peace Chief Maloney. Fox said that the town only has 6 officers. With 1 dead and 4 hurt they are going to need ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bad, bad day...

mkh
    Rest in peace Chief Maloney.

Fox said that the town only has 6 officers. With 1 dead and 4 hurt they are going to need some help.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Rest in peace Chief Maloney.

Fox said that the town only has 6 officers. With 1 dead and 4 hurt they are going to need some help.
    It sounds like the Chief was assisting the Drug Task Force Comprised of Officers from several different agencies.Drug Warrants are dangerous,people that have been up on Meth for several days aren't thinking rationally,and can twist off in a heart beat,Most of the time they raid in the Early Morning hours to try to catch them off guard.In a lot of cases Detectives will let Swat secure the scene first
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Let us know if you have any more links to any more information. That article wasn't the most informative :/

Best of luck to the injured officers. And welcome to the forums!
    Continue to click on the link, they'll be updating it as news becomes available.

In the mean time, try this:

Chief killed, 4 officers hurt in N.H. - Metro - The Boston Globe

Apparently less to do with meth and more to do with steroids. I would also consider the woman with him to be a victim and not a Perp.

New Hampshire shooter had sordid past - Boston News, Massachusettts News, WHDH-TV 7NEWS WHDH.COM
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Latest update on the local news states that the BG shot and killed the girl before turning his own cowardly hand on himself.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

RIP Chief, Blue Skies..

My prayers and thoughts go out to all, I hope the four Officers are ok and get well soon.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Glad you decided to jump in. That makes you family now. Not sure if you realized what all that entails.
    Anyone who needs family can have my in-laws!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The two officers that were shot in the chest both underwent surgury and are, according to the local news, both in critical but stable condition and are expected to recover nicely. The chief was shot in the head while dragging wounded officers to safety. O

They were also wearing bulletproof vests, but the rounds still managed to make it clean through. So I'm sure this dirtbag wasn't using a .22...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sad day for this small own, may Chief Maloney R.I.P.

^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

When are they gonna start serving/arresting these chumps when they are walking out of the coney island, instead of their homes/fortresses??? Get em' when they are least expecting it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

It does appear taking the guy down on his way to the Redbox would have been a smarter move. Hindsight.

Ahhh, an update on this mornings local news states that the couple was being raided for selling large amounts of Oxycontin out of the house...... hmmmm. I'll look for a print article.

EDIT: Apparently it was Oxycodone and here's a link below. Note that the chief told the selectmen that he had "one last thing to clear up" before he retired.

Warrant shows NH police shooter Cullen Mutrie was selling painkillers — Nation — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    New England is made up of so many villages,towns where everyone knows each other.This guy was a despicable human being.He was a coward because he killed himself
    instead of having NH dusting off capital punishment law off.Dope dealer are lazy because they don't want to work for real wage that they have to put in the time to get ahead.I guess ten bucks an hour doesn't come close to hundreds of dollars a day.

There's several other issues created buy dealers that hurt chronic pain suffers like me.The DEA telling the doctors how to treat patient;all this has done has driven up the cost of our treatment like crazy.The loss of life in law enforcement and life wasted away.This is why I say all drugs should be legalized with classes assigned to each drug.
    I can tell you I suffer from nerve pain in my feet and there are times drugs used for cancer won't knock it down!I just sit there swearing it doesn't stop the pain it makes me feel better.Shortage of funds will force us to make realistic changes as 90% of the prision are filled with substance abusers.I don't think much has changed through the generations,it was hide better!The 3 strike law California has to be reviewed when a guy gets sent up for life for stealin g a six pack,I say come on violent crimes only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links