Bad, bad day...

This is a discussion on Bad, bad day... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Live Wire | 5 Officers Shot, 1 Killed In Greenland Shooting | Page 2 | Liveblog live blogging Small town in rural New Hampshire of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bad, bad day...

Bad, bad day...

Live Wire | 5 Officers Shot, 1 Killed In Greenland Shooting | Page 2 | Liveblog live blogging

Small town in rural New Hampshire of less than 4,000. Chief Michael Maloney, set to retire on April 20, 2012, killed in the line of duty. Rest in Peace, you're a true hero.

Prayers go out to the other wounded officers, pull through guys.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum! Yeah....any time, any place. It can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Yeah....any time, any place. It can happen.
    I've been lurking for a few years now, great place for information, advice etc. I didn't even realize this was my first post on this forum....

Was just watching this on the local news. Scary people out there.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by dmicucci View Post
    I've been lurking for a few years now, great place for information, advice etc. I didn't even realize this was my first post on this forum....
    Glad you decided to jump in. That makes you family now. Not sure if you realized what all that entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Glad you decided to jump in. That makes you family now. Not sure if you realized what all that entails.
    I've got a pretty good idea lol...

First off, it means you have to buy the beer for the next meeting...
    oneshot likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Saw this on the news tonight but they did not have as many details. RIP Chief Maloney and hope the other officers recover soon.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sounds very similar. A Sheriff that was extremely well liked, in a city about the same size, and serving a drug warrant to a guy out in the countryside. The Sheriff approached the door, because he "knew him" and thought he could get him to come peacefully. He never made it to the door, when the guy popped up with a rifle and shot and killed the Sheriff. Then the fire-fight began. What they didn't know was he was high on meth, and had a meth lab in his house.

Go prepared for anything. Condolences to the Chief's family, and hope the other officers recover OK.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Thoughts and prayers out to the officers and their families.

Dmicucci. Since we are family now can I borrow $20 and the car for the night?
    oneshot likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Let us know if you have any more links to any more information. That article wasn't the most informative :/

Best of luck to the injured officers. And welcome to the forums!
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Thoughts and prayers out to the officers and their families.

Dmicucci. Since we are family now can I borrow $20 and the car for the night?
    Sure I'll give ya 20$ if you come to NH to pick it up lol. And no body's allowed to drive my Jeep. I doubt you would want to anyway...

But anyway here's an update: around 2:00 this morning SWAT teams sent a robot into the house and found two dead bodies. The shooter and a "female acquaintance" (according to the morning news) in either a double suicide or a murder-suicide. My only wish is that a cop got to shoot them instead, would only seem fair...

Sad day for this small own, may Chief Maloney R.I.P.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the officers.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Quote Originally Posted by dmicucci View Post
    Sure I'll give ya 20$ if you come to NH to pick it up lol. And no body's allowed to drive my Jeep. I doubt you would want to anyway...

But anyway here's an update: around 2:00 this morning SWAT teams sent a robot into the house and found two dead bodies. The shooter and a "female acquaintance" (according to the morning news) in either a double suicide or a murder-suicide. My only wish is that a cop got to shoot them instead, would only seem fair...
    Sad day for the department. Good to hear the perps are toast though.

What kind of Jeep?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links