TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid - Page 3

TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid

This is a discussion on TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hopyard ^ Just for clarity, you are off by 75 years. Our ancestors in the early 1700s were loyal British subjects and ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    ^ Just for clarity, you are off by 75 years. Our ancestors in the early 1700s were loyal British subjects and proud of it. England left them alone, and they pretty much ran their own lives. It changed after the 1750s precipitated by the French and Indian War, and England's expensive fighting with everyone else in Europe from France to Spain to Netherlands, but mostly Spain.

The Declarations talks about "He" did this and he did that to us. Here our problem is that "we" do this and that
    to ourselves. As the line from the comic strip goes, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

Pogo, ca. 1970.

BULL.... where did you get this crap ??? 6 family Lines of my ancestors came here from England & Scottland from 1670-1687, and all due to the persecution, etc. that was going on there if someone didn't adhere to the tenets of the Church of England, and the King imprisioning people for just about anything (at a whim). Most were Quakers, and they were also pushing for "people's rights" , and wrote about it extensively.......

They were being put into prison for indefinite times by the King for pushing for ..... people's right to own land, not be imprisioned without due process, the rule of law, freedom of speech, freedom of religion... you know... most of the things that all ended up in the Constitution 100 yrs later. This had been going on in England since the 1640's or earlier.

Don't know what history you are reading, but the King was also constantly trying to tell the Continental Congress to enact this or that, and they were holding him off or telling him to forget it..... and he was sending troops, etc. to enforce them.

I even have letters they wrote to those still in England, and one's they wrote back.... and it was not the place you paint it to be, and most of them here... were telling those in England to "get out while you are still alive and can". Most , would not leave anything in their wills to anyone still in England, as they put it .... "due to the Wars and unrest there, we do not know if they are still alive or not to leave any property or possession to ".
    Spirit51 and MisterFleas like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

TSA is at it again.

Family Misses Flight After TSA Gives Pat-Down To Girl With Cerebral Palsy

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – The Transportation Security Administration is once again the subject of national scrutiny, this time after aggressively screening a 7-year-old female passenger with cerebral palsy which caused her family to miss their flight.

The girl, identified as Dina Frank in a report by The Daily, was waiting with her family on Monday to board a flight departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York headed to Florida.

Since Dina walks with the aid of leg braces and crutches, she cannot pass through airport metal detectors, and must instead submit to a pat-down by TSA agents.

Dina, who is also reportedly developmentally disabled, is usually frightened by the procedure. Her family reportedly requests that agents on hand take the time to introduce themselves to her.

However, the agents on duty at the time began to handle her aggressively instead.

Air travel is difficult to the family due to Dina’s disabilities, but the nature of Monday’s inspection was especially traumatic for the child.

“They make our lives completely difficult,” her father, Dr. Joshua Frank, a Long Island pediatrician, told The Daily. “She’s not a threat to national security.”

Frank taped the encounter, which ended when a supervisor inspected her crutches and let them pass. But agents followed up and insisted upon doing a full inspection of Dina.

Ultimately, the family missed their flight.

“They’re harassing people. This is totally misguided policy,” Frank told The Daily. “Yes, I understand that TSA is in charge of national security and there’s all these threats. [But] for her to be singled out, it’s crazy.”

Dina, from Long Island, had recently experienced triumph after Botox and phenol injections helped her to gain control of her legs, enough to take several unassisted steps.

After being born prematurely and suffering from bleeding in the brain, Dina struggled for years to get around, even enduring a double hip replacement to assist in her recovery, CBS New York reported.

UPDATE: The TSA issued a statement defending their decision to pat-down the girl.

“TSA has reviewed the incident and determined that our officers followed proper screening procedures in conducting a modified pat-down on the child,” the agency said.

How can anyone allow this to continue. These poor children being terrorized by a government agency? We should all be ashamed.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

If its completely impossible for me to drive there I'm not going there. The so called 'War on Terror' or whatever Obama started calling it will be the death knell for this country as we know it, sooner or later.

The TSA isn't paranoid, it's what they do. And their behavior is approved of and encouraged, otherwise, those in charge would ban it and there would be firings. Oh, that's right, there can't be firings; they're union aren't they? And uncontrollable monster was created when Homeland Security/TSA was born. An outfit with the uncontrollable power to do just about anything they wish. Homeland Security has become the clearing house of control for just about every LE agency in the land. That's just too much concentrated power with no checks and balances in one location. And we're going to pay for it. Remember, veterans, especially those returning from the mideast, have been put on the watch list for being one flashback away from being domestic terrorists.
    oneshot and MisterFleas like this.
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    TSA is at it again.

Family Misses Flight After TSA Gives Pat-Down To Girl With Cerebral Palsy

UPDATE: The TSA issued a statement defending their decision to pat-down the girl.

“TSA has reviewed the incident and determined that our officers followed proper screening procedures in conducting a modified pat-down on the child,” the agency said.
    Congress could stop this crap if they had the intestinal fortitude to do it. We have absolutely no one to stand up for us anymore and the congress-critters are afraid to do the right thing. I am so sick and tired of the canned platitudes political officials regurgitate for everything. So few of them have the best interest of this country and its citizens in the forefront of doing business. All the more reason for term limits. Prevent it from being a glory career with royalty perks and we might actually get people in there that give a damn.
    Spirit51 likes this.

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

If you think an election will change what is going on, you are wrong. Look at the mess with IRS and how that only
    gets worse every time the word "reform" is used in Congress.
    Ok, then pray tell, what is your solution? Just let it happen? The elected officials are the only ones that can bring this under control. Cut the funding. Put forth legislation to dissolve the agency. I don't care how they do it as long as it gets done. No one likes the alternative solution.

The so called 'War on Terror' or whatever Obama started calling it
    You should Google the name "George W. Bush" and read up on that person and the things that he did. You might make some surprising discoveries.
    Hopyard and Doghandler like this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    Sometimes I wonder if our Congress Critters or their staff read the news, listen to it, and read what people say.
    Surely they would know that there is huge concern about the way TSA does things and one would
    think they'd take some measures to resolve the difficulties. Since they don't, haven't, and won't, it is clear that
    they are either dwelling in caves or don't care.

They know whats in the news,

They control it.
    Look who had the story. A British paper.
    Anyone seen it in an American paper..... go ahead and find it for us.

They are NOT living in caves, so that puts my vote in the "they don't care" department.

This is what they want you, me , us to get used to, little by little, further intrusions into our daily private lives, so everyone will becomew so acustom to it, by the time its over we will be enslaved/controled and some will have wondered how it happened, while most will have been oblivious to it.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by rickohio View Post
    If its completely impossible for me to drive there I'm not going there. The so called 'War on Terror' or whatever Obama started calling it will be the death knell for this country as we know it, sooner or later.
    Just wondering if you read the news at all or look into other sources or information. The Bush administration started calling it the war on terror. The Obama administration ihas been trying to call it everything but that. Seriously dude. If you drink the Kool Aid, please don't try selling it. The stock on it isn't very good. But I have heard that stock on tinfoil is skyrocketing
    Hopyard and Doghandler like this.

This stuff won't ever end. Here's a tidbit from an American paper: TSA screeners allegedly let drug couriers through LAX for cash - Los Angeles Times

State legislators stand up against these shenanigans and get punished by the DOJ

Feds Threaten No-Fly Zone Over Texas - Hit & Run : Reason.com

and targeted personally for punishment

I-TEAM: Congressman Canseco says he was assaulted during TSA pat-down | kens5.com San Antonio

And if you complain personally, you may get a response you would expect from rambunctious, over medicated school children.

Traveller Says TSA Told Him, "GO TO HELLLLLLL": Gothamist
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAvis View Post
    This stuff won't ever end. Here's a tidbit from an American paper: TSA screeners allegedly let drug couriers through LAX for cash - Los Angeles Times

State legislators stand up against these shenanigans and get punished by the DOJ

Feds Threaten No-Fly Zone Over Texas - Hit & Run : Reason.com

and targeted personally for punishment

I-TEAM: Congressman Canseco says he was assaulted during TSA pat-down | kens5.com San Antonio

And if you complain personally, you may get a response you would expect from rambunctious, over medicated school children.

Traveller Says TSA Told Him, "GO TO HELLLLLLL": Gothamist
    in addition to the many outright thefts from luggage and even the carry on scanning lanes, the thieves use the xray images to spot valuables.
    the main reason the government took over the screening at airports was because the private contractors who were doing the job were hiring low paid people (morons) to do the important job of screening passengers and at first things seemed to be going well, TSA upped the professional on display are the screening locations and things were slow but it worked, somewhere along the line the TSA started to resemble the private contractors they replaced, the intelligence level of the staffing plummeted and it seems like the TSA has become another government make work/job operation to the detriment of the flying public.
    A recent study stated the best airport security experience in the country can be found at SFO, where they use private screeners who out perform the government stooges in every way

Not that I think it'll do much good, but I started a petition to abolish the TSA. I figure that if it gets enough signatures, it will at least be a bargaining chip for throwing the bums out when they refuse (that's what petitions are for, right?). You'll have to create a whitehouse.gov account, but it's pretty quick and painless (though it'll probably get the SS looking your way).
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    in addition to the many outright thefts from luggage and even the carry on scanning lanes, the thieves use the xray images to spot valuables.
    the main reason the government took over the screening at airports was because the private contractors who were doing the job were hiring low paid people (morons) to do the important job of screening passengers and at first things seemed to be going well, TSA upped the professional on display are the screening locations and things were slow but it worked, somewhere along the line the TSA started to resemble the private contractors they replaced, the intelligence level of the staffing plummeted and it seems like the TSA has become another government make work/job operation to the detriment of the flying public.
    A recent study stated the best airport security experience in the country can be found at SFO, where they use private screeners who out perform the government stooges in every way
    True Story. My ex girlfriend worked at SFO. I've had many, many experiences with the security there and never once had a problem. They do not throw you in the microwave, I've never felt unfairly targeted, and when I was patted down it was done efficiently and professionally.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAvis View Post
    True Story. My ex girlfriend worked at SFO. I've had many, many experiences with the security there and never once had a problem. They do not throw you in the microwave, I've never felt unfairly targeted, and when I was patted down it was done efficiently and professionally.
    Don't you see that there is a problem right there? Being pat down. The government can say all they want (you don't have to fly, you can drive..yada yada). The BG's and terrorists have figured it out..don't walk thru security with a gun. They are only catching morons that 'supposedly' forgot they had a loaded weapon in their carry on. I think the guy last month had it right. Just strip down and walk on through.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links