TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid

This is a discussion on TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is the epitome of a (Fed gov't) bureaucratic "cluster". Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a GUN by TSA officers after she hugged her ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

TSA gone wild...uh, I mean, stupid

ANGLICO likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    And who said that Osama lost the war on Terror. He may be dead, but he seems to have achieved his goals. We as a country are so paranoid, It's worse than the cheesy spy movies about the beginning of the cold war back in the 50's and 60's with the G-men in dark suits declaring people as spy's and making them disappear.

This is appalling to say the least. There is no compassion here at all, "We followed the current procedures", My big old butt.

Paranoia out of control, it's only going to get worse.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    we are becoming like the British in that we allow our rights to be violated by those
    who we elect to represent our best interests...

and than wake up to find we have no voice in our own day to day decisions.
    beararms and oneshot like this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The clowns running and hired by the TSA are obviously the product of twisted government experiments of the 60's gone bad, like some bad B grade movie - this is what you get when you mix the DNA of the Marx Brothers, the Three Stooges, and Heinrich Himmler.

Be aware that the Geheime Staatspolizei were there to protect the German People from terrorists and criminals also...until the German people themselves started being mass arrested for any violations, were frightened and beaten into compliance, and started disappearing into camps and shot for non-compliance.

Seems right now the TSA and our lovely elected government is happy to be at the frighten, beat and arrest stage, but sooner or later that will change also.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

I stopped flying for this reason.

Still don't see how contracting out TSA under gvt supervision doesn't make sense money wise and efficiency wise. Oh..thats right..UNIONS!

I think a TSA agent is going to get beaten up by an enraged parent one of these days, and I won't feel bad for the agent; in fact, I'll donate to the parent's legal defense fund.
    boutaswell likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    "Paranoia stikes deep, into your mind it will creep; starts when you're always afraid, step out of line, the man comes and takes you away." A line from a song way back in the 60's. Hummmmm
    shooterX likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Google the terms "bruce schneier tsa", you will get plenty of hits. Bruce Schneier is a cryptanalyst and security expert, as well as an outspoken opponent of the TSA. He was recently called upon to testify (against) the TSA before congress, but the TSA objected and got him removed.
    shockwave and MisterFleas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I stopped flying for this reason.
    Me Too, but soon there will be armed check points on the road.

VIP Member
    Sometimes I wonder if our Congress Critters or their staff read the news, listen to it, and read what
    people say. Surely they would know that there is huge concern about the way TSA does things and one would
    think they'd take some measures to resolve the difficulties. Since they don't, haven't, and won't, it is clear that
    they are either dwelling in caves or don't care.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

This kind of thing makes me both outraged and sad. We better get a handle on this or it will get more oppressive. Time to take our country back from those who believe a election gives them "title" and ownership to our country.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    This kind of thing makes me both outraged and sad. We better get a handle on this or it will get more oppressive. Time to take our country back from those who believe a election gives them "title" and ownership to our country.
    What large Agencies do has nothing to do with elections. See, TSA was started in one administration. Another came in
    and did nothing to improve it. They just let them deploy the whole body scanners ordered by the prior administration's
    TSA head honcho.

If you think an election will change what is going on, you are wrong. Look at the mess with IRS and how that only
    gets worse every time the word "reform" is used in Congress.

Some things (tax collection for example) don't have simple answers, but others-- screening of passengers has
    relatively well known solutions, and terrorizing a child or humiliating someone with an ostomy is never the way
    to do business. Nor for that matter are no-fly lists which are compiled in secret and with no legal review.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    What large Agencies do has nothing to do with elections. See, TSA was started in one administration. Another came in
    and did nothing to improve it. They just let them deploy the whole body scanners ordered by the prior administration's
    TSA head honcho.

If you think an election will change what is going on, you are wrong. Look at the mess with IRS and how that only
    gets worse every time the word "reform" is used in Congress.

Some things (tax collection for example) don't have simple answers, but others-- screening of passengers has
    relatively well known solutions, and terrorizing a child or humiliating someone with an ostomy is never the way
    to do business. Nor for that matter are no-fly lists which are compiled in secret and with no legal review.
    You really don't understand. I don't mean just THIS election...I mean ALL elections. After a few cycles of "throwing the bums out" that don't do OUR bidding and stopping this stupidity...it will change. Don't give a twit which party....either of them can learn...if they wish to hold on to their jobs. What do you suggest? Sit and wait for the oppression to take all our freedoms?? At least I have a plan. I am sending this article along with the one about the 3 year old in the wheelchair to ALL my elected officials with the message "You want to hold on to your job? STOP THIS CRAP!"
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

the parents should have called their bluff and let them shut down the whole airport, then let's see the morons explain that away
    Doghandler likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links