Shoot a LEO in the D, get "only" 14 yrs.

This is a discussion on Shoot a LEO in the D, get "only" 14 yrs. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; while off duty during a robbery attempt at a Marathon gas station "This is the message you send to police officers when we try to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Shoot a LEO in the D, get "only" 14 yrs.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    while off duty during a robbery attempt at a Marathon gas station
    "This is the message you send to police officers when we try to do our jobs?" Matthews asked Boykin
    Does he think he should get special treatment even tho he was off duty and most likely not in uniform (civilian). It sucks for him but he has to realize when he's not on the job, he should be treated the same as any one of us.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I think this comment pretty much speaks for the flip side of the coin.

Man yall police ain't what you pretends to be your not saints , retired police pick a fight with me twice in one day got his ask kick shoot at me once in the gas station than follow me home and shoot at me again when my sister and four year old nephew were coming out the door and it's a bullet hole in the door to prove it no one ever came out to check and charge have not been file to this day it's also video and witness statements to back up my story that the only reason I haven't been arrested for a fake robber the ex cop lied said I tried to take twenty dollars from him with a knife , in a gas station full of people , were they can lock the door and has a AK47 in plan site and going rob the place with a knife in a gas station I go to all the time yeah right did I mention I had my back turn when shoot at me so why no charges because cops think it more important to protect there selves than the people that gave them reason to have the job in the first place , police aren't above the public the sworn to protect 14 years sound a lot better me than the law just do nothing . P.S. this retired cop has gone on to kill another man he said tired to rob him.

Say Wha?

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I think this comment pretty much speaks for the flip side of the coin.

Man yall police ain't what you pretends to be your not saints , retired police pick a fight with me twice in one day got his ask kick shoot at me once in the gas station than follow me home and shoot at me again when my sister and four year old nephew were coming out the door and it's a bullet hole in the door to prove it no one ever came out to check and charge have not been file to this day it's also video and witness statements to back up my story that the only reason I haven't been arrested for a fake robber the ex cop lied said I tried to take twenty dollars from him with a knife , in a gas station full of people , were they can lock the door and has a AK47 in plan site and going rob the place with a knife in a gas station I go to all the time yeah right did I mention I had my back turn when shoot at me so why no charges because cops think it more important to protect there selves than the people that gave them reason to have the job in the first place , police aren't above the public the sworn to protect 14 years sound a lot better me than the law just do nothing . P.S. this retired cop has gone on to kill another man he said tired to rob him.

Say Wha?
    I hate to admit this, but this guy and I graduated from the same high school. It WAS probably at least, 35 years apart, but sadly, I understand exactly what he's saying.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Must be a local dialect!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    he shouldn't have said to the guy that had a gun to his head "hey I'm a cop", IMO that just invites the guy to want to kill a cop
    IMO...if he was going to do anything he should have acted, not talked, to attempt to get the gun away from his head since this guy was so stupid to get that close and pummel his butt into the ground/shoot him....
    I do agree that was a dumb move, maybe it thought it would throw the dirt bag off his game for a second to give him a chance to react.

But kudos to the officer for staying in the fight and getting rounds off after being hit.

Here is another article with some more detail and as usual a head in the sand comment from the mother.
    Detroit cop shot 5 times tells off judge | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Proctor's mother, Shannon Proctor, said her son is "a wonderful person, a hard worker and a great father."

"He's innocent, but he pleaded guilty because he knew nobody would take his word over a police officer," she said.
    Yeah, that's why he pleaded guilty, because all innocent people plead guilty because they think no one will believe them. He was working hard alright, stealing other peoples hard earned money. Get your head out of the sand lady, your son is a dirt bag.

As far as the sentencing, I think it's light LEO or no LEO. IMHO should be a min of 25 no parole.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

M.
    I read the article the other day. By the title I didn't originally make the connection that you meant Detroit.

You know, if there's a higher sentence for shooting someone who claims to be a cop, it would be an additional way for people to defend themselves. IDing yourself as a cop would 'up the stakes' and remind them that there's a lengthy jail sentence coming when they're caught.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    We need to first get rid of all these liberal judges and laws. Then put in some Draconian ones to eliminate all these perps commiting crimes with a firearm instead of the usual arrest,bail,out the door untill tomorrow`s new arrest. I hear the sheep lament "Oh the jails are too crowded and the poor criminals have to sleep on the floor,etc",so we build new,bigger jails. Great for the economy. But No weight benches,movies,t.v`s etc,just Hard Time and the Chain Gang to do public work. AND make it a Law that you commit three violent crimes with a weapon then you`re Executed. Do a coupla them and things will turn around once the criminals realize their NOT going to be coddled anymore. And ditch the tree hugging lawyers,all they want is Public money. Just my $0.02.
    64zebra and hogdaddy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Here is another article with some more detail and as usual a head in the sand comment from the mother.
    Detroit cop shot 5 times tells off judge | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com
    yeah....hey mom, I'm sure his pleading guilty had nothing to do with his bullets being in the cop with I'm sure evidence of close up gunshot wounds in the cop, and the cops bullets in him....
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Won't that just throw the judicial system into chaos? The cops WON'T be so lenient when they do shoot the next BG, they'll just make sure he was resisting and finish 'em off - no trial or lenient judge to worry about, just paperwork to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathRales View Post
    Won't that just throw the judicial system into chaos? The cops WON'T be so lenient when they do shoot the next BG, they'll just make sure he was resisting and finish 'em off - no trial or lenient judge to worry about, just paperwork to complete.
    I understand the sentiment but we all know that is not what we really want.
    Some countries have exactly what you are proposing. They are known as death squads. Argentina for one was very fond of using them in the early 70's.

Michael
    CanuckQue likes this.

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised one bit by this. These BG's getting such short sentences (especially sex offenders) and coddling (like them being placed in PC so they won't be harmed) is a crime in itself IMO.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

This has made me think. If a person shoots at another person because the other person is a LEO....isn't that by definition a "Hate Crime" towards the LEO??
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links