Drug Wars....how long before we have stuff like this here?

This is a discussion on Drug Wars....how long before we have stuff like this here? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If the government guarded the border like they guard Area 51 I don't think there would be a problem....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Drug Wars....how long before we have stuff like this here?

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    If the government guarded the border like they guard Area 51 I don't think there would be a problem.
    mano3, MleeC and goldmaster like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Shut down the borders. Easy to say, not so easy to accomplish in real life.

There are so many facets to this dilemma but just saying legalize drugs or shut down the border are only platitudes.

You show me a 50 foot fence and I'll show you a 51 foot ladder.
    I'd have to say I agree with you here.

But I do think that a appropriate legalization of SOME drugs may help the situation here and there.
    rammerjammer likes this.
    1 gun 1 reload 1 knife
    If 27 .40cal Hornady Critical Defense cant save me, only God can.

I live 20 min from then border and we are seeing an increase in violence already.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

How soon? As soon as those anchor babies are old enough to vote....they r American citzens already just need to get older.....then the massive liberal vote will be here and then we will all see change, Things are just abt even now...That's the reason neither party can hardly get anything done, but it will soon swing very liberal thinking a lot in a few years more with the change in the voter pool....chickens are coming home to roost I hate to say...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Its already here and has been for awhile.

Check out the murder rate in some of the border towns. Its one of the best kept secrets in America, something that the news media( for the most part) and the U.S. Government will not acknowledge.
    What border towns are you talking about?
    What is the "murder rate" your talking about? On the rise or fall (you didn't say)? By how much?

If it's the "best kept secret in America" how are you privy to such exclusive information?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide13 View Post
    I'd have to say I agree with you here.

But I do think that a appropriate legalization of SOME drugs may help the situation here and there.
    I'm with you on some drugs being legalized. The War on Drugs has really amounted to a war on American's civil liberties and is a total failure.

ROLL TIDE! Hopefully you'll have to change your screen name to rolltide14 next year!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    We're worried about poppy fields in Afghanistan; why shouldn't the same measures be taken at the Southern border?
    I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at but we shouldn't be worried about poppy fields in Afghanistan. Afghanistan like the war on drugs is doomed to failure and the sooner we accept that fact the sooner countless peoples' lives will stop being needlessly harmed.
    Sig35seven, suntzu and Sig 210 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

We already experience Cartel violence down here,not quite as bad as finding 49 decapitated bodies,but kidnappings and murder along with home invasions to rip off stash houses occurr around here fairly regular.They don't even act like they care who sees them,there was a kidnapping in broad daylight outside a burger king,they found them before they had a chance to execute the guy,it was all over a load of drugs they guy lost and owed the cartel for the shipment.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    How soon before we have it here? No clue. But one way to make sure it happens faster is to refuse
    to tax ourselves, refuse to pay our cops, prosecutors, judges, probation officers, jailers, corrections officers,
    border guards, and yes, teachers, a living wage by today's standards.

Keep that up and soon enough they will become "independent contractors," and then you will see what Mexico has,
    right here in your home town.
    That's mostly a state by state issue. In California, the public employee unions have had their way for so long that now wages and retirement benefits are bankrupting the state. Lifeguards make 100k per year, corrections officers make 3 times what Texas pays theirs and it's fairly common for Police and Firefighters to make well over 100k. These are all jobs that can still be had without a college degree.

I'm not sure what a "Living Wage" means anymore, I guess it depends on where you live.
    suntzu likes this.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    We're worried about poppy fields in Afghanistan; why shouldn't the same measures be taken at the Southern border?
    All I was trying to say is that there should be more people with guns guarding the border.
    All I'm trying to show is that there aren't enough guns guarding the border in Afghansitan to stop drugs or the death and violence of the cartels that profit from trafficking those drugs. In 2009, the UN said
    Afghan opium would kill 100,000 people this year in the parts of world where demand for heroin is highest - Europe, Russia and West Asia.

To fight it,... major powers have to expand their counter-drug efforts to neighbouring Pakistan as well as Iran, where half the 7,000 tonnes of exported Afghan opium transits, "causing the highest addiction rate in the world".
    By most knowledgeable accounts, the situation is worsening (see links in my previous post for starters). All I'm saying is that we can't afford this drug war, and we can't seal the border.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    first I'll comment on the wages for LEO/firefighters/etc..........its different everywhere, state to state
    suntzu....we are NOT union here, I don't make anywhere near what LEOs make in some states where the filthy unions have their hands in everything

as for the violence....its here....but its just not as bad, the 49 bodies were the cartels jockeying with each other over control of towns/smuggling routes, we don't have that exact thing here but the cartels are alive and well here on US soil, the dealers here are working with or for them, the gangs here are working with or for them, around here almost all the fights, shootings, stabbings, robberies, etc, come from drug trade, cartel connections, and drug dealing gangs

fyi...legalizing pot won't stop this.....its also coke, heroin, and meth
    MleeC likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

LEO'S in border town should be paid more. Every city I know of does pay based on comparatives. Civil service perks are great no denying it. Everyone should get those types of perks we did 20 years ago

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The violence and crime are already on our side of the border - 30% of the felons in AZ prisons are illegals from Mexico and points south. Sections of the border are already closed off to Americans. Legalize pot, it will grow everywhere on the planet except Antarctica. Seal the border with physical fences, razor wire, guards with guns (and permission to use them), land mines filled with the same dye used in bank robberies, wild predatory animals, whatever it takes to keep the violent criminals on their side. Make electronic transfers of funds to south of the border a crime without the permission of Border Patrol/ICE. Let border states enforce the US immigration laws, like all the other federal laws they are encouraged to enforce. Return illegals to the farthest point away from our border on a slow freighter. Penalize employers who knowingly hire illegals twice the amount they would have saved over say 7 years by not hiring legal workers. You make it so only dangerous criminals smuggling drugs would even try to cross the border.
    Rotorblade, mano3 and goldmaster like this.

Death sentence for people caught bringing drugs in this country.....Why because it's killing this country and our children....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Another reason to get serious about shutting down the border.......
    Another reason to get serious about ending the quagmire that is the War on Drugs. Alcohol prohibition caused an increase in crime, why is it taboo to even discuss that the WOD might be enriching the cartels?
    Chevy-SS likes this.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links