Drug Wars....how long before we have stuff like this here?

This is a discussion on Drug Wars....how long before we have stuff like this here? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another reason to get serious about shutting down the border....... Associate Press Sunday 5/13/12 Official: 49 bodies left on Mexico highway MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) — ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Drug Wars....how long before we have stuff like this here?

Another reason to get serious about shutting down the border.......

Associate Press Sunday 5/13/12
    Official: 49 bodies left on Mexico highway

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) — Forty-nine decapitated and mutilated bodies were found Sunday dumped on a highway connecting the northern Mexican metropolis of Monterrey to the U.S. border in what appears to be the latest blow in an escalating war of intimidation among drug gangs.

Mexico's organized crime groups often abandon multiple bodies in public places as warnings to their rivals, and authorities said at least a few of the recent victims had tattoos of the Santa Muerte cult popular among drug traffickers. But Nuevo Leon state Attorney General Adrian de la Garza said he did not rule out the possibility that the victims were U.S.-bound migrants.

The bodies of the 43 men and six women were found in the town of San Juan on the non-toll highway to the border city of Reynosa at about 4 a.m. (5 a.m. EDT; 0900 GMT), forcing police and troops to close off the highway. Nuevo Leon state security spokesman Jorge Domene said at a news conference that a banner left at the site bore a message with the Zetas drug cartel taking responsibility for the massacre.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    Its already here and has been for awhile.

Check out the murder rate in some of the border towns. Its one of the best kept secrets in America, something that the news media( for the most part) and the U.S. Government will not acknowledge.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

the drug cartel has more power then the government

Shut down the borders. Easy to say, not so easy to accomplish in real life.

There are so many facets to this dilemma but just saying legalize drugs or shut down the border are only platitudes.

You show me a 50 foot fence and I'll show you a 51 foot ladder.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Shut down the borders. Easy to say, not so easy to accomplish in real life.

There are so many facets to this dilemma but just saying legalize drugs or shut down the border are only platitudes.

You show me a 50 foot fence and I'll show you a 51 foot ladder.
    Someone on this forum has an avatar that says "Can you run 850 fps? If not, you better be bullet proof." Change that to 3100 fps and you have yourself a solution.

We're worried about poppy fields in Afghanistan; why shouldn't the same measures be taken at the Southern border?

VIP Member
    How soon before we have it here? No clue. But one way to make sure it happens faster is to refuse
    to tax ourselves, refuse to pay our cops, prosecutors, judges, probation officers, jailers, corrections officers,
    border guards, and yes, teachers, a living wage by today's standards.

Keep that up and soon enough they will become "independent contractors," and then you will see what Mexico has,
    right here in your home town.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    One advantage we have always enjoyed over Mexico is a well-armed law-abiding citizenry. Average Mexican citizens cannot legally defend themselves against the highly-motivated sociopathic thugs who make up the drug cartels. There is one legal gun store in the entire country.
    oneshot likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    How soon before we have it here? No clue. But one way to make sure it happens faster is to refuse
    to tax ourselves, refuse to pay our cops, prosecutors, judges, probation officers, jailers, corrections officers,

Keep that up and soon enough they will become "independent contractors," and then you will see what Mexico has,
    Sorry Hop, but I don't get what your point is.
    ParaSig, RichB70 and Chevy-SS like this.

As long as those folks vote Dem, the border will never be closed. They don't want those votes locked behind a fence!
    1911srule and RichB70 like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Really now. Don't know about you but since this country has been in inception folks move to where jobs are. If they stay in a place like northern NH of course the salaries will suck and land and houses cost a lot. More people gripe about not finding a good paying job becasue they can't make the requirements to get one or refuse to move to where the jobs are.

OK, in San Antonio a police sergeant married to a school teacher make 100K a year according to several websites. I would not call that poor salaries considering the benefits thy get and the teacher can even get another job during the summer. We are moving to San Antonio in July. Wife already got a job as nurse at 67K and I am looking at two jobs that range from 71 to 87 K.
    A 3500 sq ft house with 1/2 acre costs 120-200K. Oh, and the poor teachers and LEO's you lament about are protected by unions. Yeah, I feel sorry for all of these folks. There are jobs all over this country. You have to move in changing times. This country has been like that since its inception.

Forty-nine decapitated and mutilated bodies were found Sunday dumped on a highway connecting the northern Mexican metropolis of Monterrey to the U.S. border in what appears to be the latest blow in an escalating war of intimidation among drug gangs.
    If that ever happens here you will see very little action on controlling the border. Instead you will see a massive push to enact more gun laws.

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    We're worried about poppy fields in Afghanistan; why shouldn't the same measures be taken at the Southern border?
    Apples and oranges as Mexico has a formidible military though the questions are how effective is Mexico's drug war?
    In Mexico, President Calderon’s drug war rhetoric is starting to sound like sheer lunacy as a mounting pile of evidence shows that the country’s military are killing civilians.
    And How're those counter-opium "measures" working in Afghanistan?
    1) The largest illicit opium producing country in the world
    2) $800M/yr to combat including $400M/yr to farmers to grow alternative crops to opium
    [In 2005,] Rep. Jim Kolbe, the Arizona Republican who chairs the subcommittee, said the cost [to eradicate opium] worked out to about $200,000 per hectare. "I hope that's not your measure of a successful program, is it?"
    3) In 2009, Richard Holbrooke, appointed by President Obama as special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, said, ""We're essentially phasing out our support for crop eradication and using the money to work on interdiction, rule of law, alternative crops,"
    4) Greater violence, higher prices, greater incentive to cultivate; and it's another bumper year for opium
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Paying more in taxes makes zero sense. The tax dollars we pay now are squandered, so am I to believe if we pay MORE suddenly that money will be well spent?As for unions I'm forced to "contribute" to one, my dues support the Democratic Party against my will...
    RichB70, MleeC, Chevy-SS and 1 others like this.
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Apples and oranges as Mexico has a formidible military though the questions are how effective is Mexico's drug war?
    And How're those counter-opium "measures" working in Afghanistan?
    1) The largest illicit opium producing country in the world
    2) $800M/yr to combat including $400M/yr to farmers to grow alternative crops to opium

3) In 2009, Richard Holbrooke, appointed by President Obama as special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, said, ""We're essentially phasing out our support for crop eradication and using the money to work on interdiction, rule of law, alternative crops,"
    4) Greater violence, higher prices, greater incentive to cultivate; and it's another bumper year for opium
    All I was trying to say is that there should be more people with guns guarding the border.

Legalize pot!
    mano3 and Chevy-SS like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links