Six year anniversary of a contractor killed in Afghanistan

This is a discussion on Six year anniversary of a contractor killed in Afghanistan within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This week will mark the 6th anniversary of the death of Ron "Zimsmoochie" Zimmerman whom I was proud to call a classmate and a friend. ...

Thread: Six year anniversary of a contractor killed in Afghanistan

VIP Member

Six year anniversary of a contractor killed in Afghanistan

This week will mark the 6th anniversary of the death of Ron "Zimsmoochie" Zimmerman whom I was proud to call a classmate and a friend.

Southwest Asia: US Counter-Drug Contractor Killed as Afghan Fighting Intensifies

His armored vehicle was struck by a VBIED more specifically an Explosively Formed Projectile which went through the door where he was seated. This incident occured less than 45 days after arriving in the country.

Ron was from Indiana and left behind a wife and three young kids.

Whether you support the war, the President, Contractors or anything else I would ask that you take a moment to remember him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    To the lost...

On a tactical note, I have never seen nor heard of a vehicle born EFP. Do you have any links/contacts where I could find out more about this? I have many friends still there, and will likely be going back at some point myself - this would be a great help to us. Thanks, and may "Zimsmoochie" rest in peace.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Links