Flying with your Firearm in Checked Luggage

This is a discussion on Flying with your Firearm in Checked Luggage within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got back from a hiking trip in California yesterday. Flying with a firearm in checked luggage is not hard to do, it just takes ...

Thread: Flying with your Firearm in Checked Luggage

Flying with your Firearm in Checked Luggage

I got back from a hiking trip in California yesterday. Flying with a firearm in checked luggage is not hard to do, it just takes planning. We should all take advantage of LEOSA. It was a good piece of legislation.

Travel With Your Firearm | ThinBlueFlorida.com

Randall

2. Remove Ads

Agreed! Done it before and will do it again in 2 days. Just don't forget to declare it at the ticket counter!
    Also, it would be prudent to check the airlines you are flying for their rules. Contrary to popular belief, the government does not set the rules...each airline does.
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

I agree! I had absolutely no problems flying out of Atlanta. There were a couple of lookey-loos who wanted to see what i was doing, but other than that it was easy. I concur that you should make check the specific airline you are flying as they do have different rules

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbilly32 View Post
    Agreed! Done it before and will do it again in 2 days. Just don't forget to declare it at the ticket counter!
    Also, it would be prudent to check the airlines you are flying for their rules. Contrary to popular belief, the government does not set the rules...each airline does.
    Let me add something. If you have a delay or lay over, unless you know the city law, never take possession of your checked baggage if you have a weapon in it. There's been a rash of people being arrested and charged with weapons violations taking possession of their baggage. Best to let the airline keep and deal with it. Just my two bits.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Links