The peak of stupidity!Are we ever gonna learn?

This is a discussion on The peak of stupidity!Are we ever gonna learn? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here we go again...arming the enemy. Any doubt that these arms would be used against either Israel or our troops at some point??? US preparing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The peak of stupidity!Are we ever gonna learn?

Angry The peak of stupidity!Are we ever gonna learn?

Here we go again...arming the enemy. Any doubt that these arms would be used against either Israel or our troops at some point???

US preparing plan to vet members of Free Syrian Army to determine if suitable to receive arms transfers | Fox News
    RIP Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

We arm AND train the enemy, then send our boys and girls in to fight them... It backfired in Afghanistan, among other places, and it may backfire here.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    We arm AND train the enemy, then send our boys and girls in to fight them... It backfired in Afghanistan, among other places, and it may backfire here.
    Sounds like a complex to me.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

We. Are. Stupid.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member

VIP Member
    We've done this for years. I can remember when Arab and Israeli pilots went through fighter pilot training together in TX. Knowing that within a few months they would be seeing each other again, except this time through active gun sights.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Just keep electing the same lawyer type politicians and this cycle will end bad....................IMO.
    Spirit51 likes this.

The peak of stupidity!Are we ever gonna learn?
    We could start with our doubledealing "ally" Pakistan.
    BBC News - Bin Laden, the doctor and $33m in aid
    Badey, 64zebra and Spirit51 like this.

as long as we are making money

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    We. Are. Stupid.
    I was going to say "We aren't stupid, they are". BUT collectively as a country," we" are stupid, because "we" keep putting these weenies in office. If "we" want to look more intelligent, "we" need to put more thought into who "we" vote for. No more voting for a person based on gender, race, snappy dresser or fast. flowery talker, but on what they have said and done in the past. No more hollow, fairy tale promises and minds filled with mush (or worse). "We" need to put the best choices in on all levels of government. We are fighting the actual dummies who put no more thought into who they vote for than ordering a burger at McDonalds. The ones who say "Read me another bedtime story, Barry".
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Moderator
    It'll always be that way as long as we continue to elect profit whores in key positions of government.

I remember one of my uncles that served time in Vietnam ranting and raving about some of the stuff that went on there. He served with an engineering unit that ended up blowing up a bridge somewhere in Vietnam. He ranted about the fact that alot of the steel used on that bridge came from Bethlehem Steel here in the U.S.A. because some of it still had manufacturers markings on it. That wasn't so bad in itself, until he went back a few years later to do same thing over again. Anyone want to guess where the steel came from? Bethlehem Steel. It seems that we had sold the enemy the steel not only the steel for the first bridge, but also the steel for the second bridge. It wasn't the first bridge that he got upset about, but the second one. He can tell that story today and he still gets totally disgusted.

Where there is confusion there is money to be made. War, is confusion. I never understood why we would blow a county to smithereens and then rebuild it after it was all over...until one day I woke up and realized that its not about right or wrong, or principals, or honor, or anything other than money. Its all about money and its the only thing that some people in high places care about. Nothing else matters. When you finally see the light, then, and only then do things start making sense.

Of course, that is not the way it is supposed to be, but that is the way it is. When you elect public officials that have no principals, no morals,and care only about how much money they can make, thats what happens. Looking the other way when a President commits adultery, or a Congressman breaks the law and gets away with it, or overlooking anything that is immoral and wrong and saying its their buisness and not ours or whatever feeble excuse that one uses to justify wrong and eventually, you'll get the goverment that you deserve.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mascariot View Post
    as long as we are making money
    "We" aren't making money. THEY are. Has the government ever given you anything that you have paid more....many times over? Funny how so many of these people go into "public service" and come out Millionaires, when they weren't one going in.
    goldshellback likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It'll always be that way as long as we continue to elect profit whores in key positions of government.

I remember one of my uncles that served time in Vietnam ranting and raving about some of the stuff that went on there. He served with an engineering unit that ended up blowing up a bridge somewhere in Vietnam. He ranted about the fact that alot of the steel used on that bridge came from Bethlehem Steel here in the U.S.A. because some of it still had manufacturers markings on it. That wasn't so bad in itself, until he went back a few years later to do same thing over again. Anyone want to guess where the steel came from? Bethlehem Steel. It seems that we had sold the enemy the steel not only the steel for the first bridge, but also the steel for the second bridge. It wasn't the first bridge that he got upset about, but the second one. He can tell that story today and he still gets totally disgusted.

Where there is confusion there is money to be made. War, is confusion. I never understood why we would blow a county to smithereens and then rebuild it after it was all over...until one day I woke up and realized that its not about right or wrong, or principals, or honor, or anything other than money. Its all about money and its the only thing that some people in high places care about. Nothing else matters. When you finally see the light, then, and only then do things start making sense.

Of course, that is not the way it is supposed to be, but that is the way it is. When you elect public officials that have no principals, no morals,and care only about how much money they can make, thats what happens. Looking the other way when a President commits adultery, or a Congressman breaks the law and gets away with it, or overlooking anything that is immoral and wrong and saying its their buisness and not ours or whatever feeble excuse that one uses to justify wrong and eventually, you'll get the goverment that you deserve.
    I couldn't find the "like" on this, but I LIKE.

My older brother was in the Air Force in Vietnam. He played trumpet and sang in a on base club when not on duty. Came home with a pretty penny. He said that the on base clubs, as well as other on base civilian enterprises, were owned by Lady Bird Corporations. This was 68-69. Yep, LBJ's wife owned them. Being the only "safe" place to go for entertainment, they shoveled in the money besides money given to them by the government for being there.

I am sure this is not the only example of this kind of "money grab" by the people making the decisions.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

I contend that we are NOT at the peak of stupidity. Plenty of room to go yet.
    atctimmy, Once and Elk Hunter like this.

The military industrial complex likes to make money. In order to do that, they need customers. With the American military shrinking in size, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan drawing to a close, orders for weapons and weapons systems are reduced. So, they look somewhere in the world where trouble is brewing and lobby politicians to be allowed to sell their weapons there. They aren't concerned with whether it's in the best interest of the United States or not. They are concerned with what is best for their companies. If the United States eventually falls, they will just move their company to whatever country is left standing. Politicians, who receive campaign contributions from these companies along with lucrative consulting deals when they leave office, don't really have the best interests of the United States at the top of their list either.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links