Remember Our POW/MIA Warriors this Memorial Day

This is a discussion on Remember Our POW/MIA Warriors this Memorial Day within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let us not forget to also remember the POW/MIA Warriors, especially from the Vietnam Conflict. I personally believe that our government left some of our ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By First Sgt
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: Remember Our POW/MIA Warriors this Memorial Day

Let us not forget to also remember the POW/MIA Warriors, especially from the Vietnam Conflict.

I personally believe that our government left some of our POW Warriors behind! YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!
    May those responsible live with the guilt of their decision the remainder of their natural lives.

THE VIETNAM WAR POW/MIA FLAG HISTORY

pow_mia.gif
    Inspector71 and RoadKill like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I agree wholeheartedly First Sgt. I've felt this way for years and the older I get I become more bitter over it. I was just a teenager then, sweating, crying, cussing and slip sliding in my own blood on a hill half the world away and will never forget the thousands of buddies I left over there. It is a painful memory that manifests itself each day as I grow older. Something most people would never understand. Peace.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

VIP Member
    Thanks for the background info.
    This is something that hits me hard as I was too young to be in Vietnam(born in 1960), but close enough to feel and see the torment and division within our country.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

First Sgt. thanks for sharing. All our soldiers fallen and alive should be honored.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    First Sgt,

They were are brothers then, they are our brothers now and will be our brothers in the future, when we are re-united in the after life. While not all of us Vietnam Era Vets are Vietnam Vets, we are still all in the brotherhood.
    RoadKill likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Links