Army Chief of Staff Argues to Use Army for Domestic Enforcement - no Posse Comitatus

This is a discussion on Army Chief of Staff Argues to Use Army for Domestic Enforcement - no Posse Comitatus within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by wjh2657 Let's just take it all the way. dress the soldiers in red uniforms, teach them British accents and start shooting colonialists. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Army Chief of Staff Argues to Use Army for Domestic Enforcement - no Posse Comitatus

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Let's just take it all the way. dress the soldiers in red uniforms, teach them British accents and start shooting colonialists. Full circle and right back where we started in 1775!
    What a shameful viewpoint with regard to our own nation's military in which so many who post here serve.
    What a sad statement about your view of our governance.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The CFR has a long history of idiocy. A bunch of elitist good for nothing over-educated east and west coast namby-pamby feel-good mental midgets that know nothing about everything and everything about nothing financed by east coast guilt ridden panty sniffing dogfaced momma's boys and girls driven by some misplaced overarching desire to fix nothing and ruin everything in the name of some fancy-schmancy psuedointellectual think tank.
    Doesn't matter what you call them, they are still powerful enough to bring ruin to our lives and this nation by influencing the numbnuts in high gubmint orifice. We complain about this and that and nothing gets done. In my opinion, the real enemies of this country reside in the Main Stream Media. Without their tacit approval, none of the crap that is being foisted on this country would see beyond the light of day. But, the media lies and covers up everything and our country is dying a little more each day. I don't understand what they think they are going to win from it; don't they realize that in the long run, the gubmint will be rid of them also?
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Wait 'till the drones start shooting back. That is the path we are on.
    Really?

When was the last time any of you had any disruption in your daily and personal life from the Feds other than
    with respect to tax collection?

A lot of stuff like what is in post one of this thread gets circulated on the internet and on blogs; and who knows
    how much of it is just fabricated nonsense.

This one is pretty blatant. What does the Council on Foreign Relations have to do with anything?

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens in order to help them better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries. Mission - Council on Foreign Relations

The stuff in post 1 is is just another hit piece designed to create fear and confusion and worry about grand
    conspiracies.

And who or what is this Joe Wolverson besides a Libertarian partisan writer, he makes no policy. He isn't part of
    the administration.
    Wow, how he has got some of you all worked up.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    In short, the president or congress can authorize the us of the military within CONUS for LE.
    Yes. Think President Eisenhower.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So to sum up, it looks like what we have here is a regular contributor to the official publication of the John Birch Society putting words into the General's mouth. The only quotes are fairly ambiguous. The only content dealing with military troops being used for domestic law enforcement activity that might fall under Posse Comitatus is originated by that writer. Perhaps the reason the General's article never mentions P.C. is that the activities he is advocating fall clearly outside P.C.
    For us to know specifically what the General is advocating we would have to pay to read the whole article. The author of the piece in The New American has (presumably) access to the entire article by General O. Yet for some reason he fails to provide any damning quotes of the General.

Anyone else wonder why?
    MCP-- Thank you for saying what I wanted to say, but doing a much better job than I ever could have.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member
    The optimal solution to potential issues, as suggested by this thread, would be a targeted deployment of ballots, not bullets.

Personally, I can see limited use of military resources under the strict guidance of civilian agencies for special cases... let's face it, the DoD has technology that is beyond the means of civilian services and I can imagine scenarios where such technology could be used to save lives on US soil (think natural disasters, etc). That being said, the suggestion of using military resources on home turf to augment civilain law enforcement or (gasp) the DoHS makes me think it's time to invest in more PCV tubes and a new shovel. It's a very slippery slope from simple LE "assistance" to active troops deployed within our borders with orders born of a political agenda. While this is a civil landscape that is fortunately as unlikely as it is disturbing, the 1990's have given us a taste of how political agendas can result in the loss of freedoms and privacy that were simply unimaginable a decade or two earlier.

Fortunately the Second Amendment empowers the American Citizens with the RIGHT to defend themselves not only from harm at the hands of other Citizens, but also against governmental tyranny.
    As Judge Alex Kozinski (9th Circuit Court) so eloquently said: "the simple truth, born of experience, is that tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people."

How often do we find something Hopyard and I agree on?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    What a shameful viewpoint with regard to our own nation's military in which so many who post here serve.
    What a sad statement about your view of our governance.
    When somebody wants to see boogeymen behind every tree, they will find them there.

The Internet is full of living in mom's basement keyboard commandos...
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Learn some history from a source other than the South Carolina school system.
    For your information sir, I have attended school in 4 different states as well as independent reading and study, you should try it.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

The next President, can strongly urge him to retire, and appoint a new Chief of Staff.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links