Army Reverses P-Mag Decision and allows use...

This is a discussion on Army Reverses P-Mag Decision and allows use... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Army Reverses PMAG Decision, Allows Soldiers to Use Non-Standard Issue Magazines - Gun News at Guns.com The US Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) Life ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ericb327

Thread: Army Reverses P-Mag Decision and allows use...

Senior Moderator

Army Reverses P-Mag Decision and allows use...

Army Reverses PMAG Decision, Allows Soldiers to Use Non-Standard Issue Magazines - Gun News at Guns.com

The US Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) recently made the very unpopular announcement that following the introduction of a newly redesigned standard M4/M16/STANAG magazine, soldiers would be prohibited from using any non-USGI magazines.

Facing overwhelming negative feedback, LCMC has made another announcement that soldiers will remain free to use aftermarket magazines, specifically including the PMAG, which has a national stock number (NSN) and is openly-available for units to order.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow a Government decision that makes sense, who woulda thought.

Don't know if the other would have ever been followed but at least they changed it.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I notice they again refer to these mags as "high performance." My question from the previous post still stands: "What makes these mags 'high performance'?"
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    I notice they again refer to these mags as "high performance." My question from the previous post still stands: "What makes these mags 'high performance'?"
    Do you own any? Easier to load, feed more reliably, side window to visually confirm remaining ammo, mag covers, seat more firm, won't rust or dent. I love mine.
    64zebra likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

We did have problems with the 1st gen mags in Iraq,they would start to split in the weapon from the intense heat when they were fully loaded,and when they were hot it was easy to over insert on open bolt relaods,espically in active engagement sits.,Now we are talking about 120-130 degrees +added heat of the weapon,Magpul fixed the problem,these are (with exception of the H&K mag)the best mag in my opinion,I own about 20 of them and everytime I rotate one out I'll buy 2 to replace it.I have had some students show up with the Lancer mag,but don't see a lot of difference other than steel feed lips,the way I see it the steel might not spread apart,but the polymer around them can.So IMHO,use them for about a year,then throw them in the training bag,they are cheap.In Alabama they run between $ 11-15.,all colors.

I think the question was what does the govt define as high performance. The pmag and its aluminum counterparts are pretty basic. Conversely, what would be a lesser performing mag?

Something that merely accomplishes a basic function should not necessarily be designated as high-performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Links