Personal mini airshow!

This is a discussion on Personal mini airshow! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Cool pic...you didn't head down to the airport for a ride? Oh they are typically 400 dollars or so, so no... ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Personal mini airshow!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Cool pic...you didn't head down to the airport for a ride?
    Oh they are typically 400 dollars or so, so no... Trying to recover the savings account.

2. Remove Ads

I live very close to Whitman AFB and get to see many different aircraft. My favorite has to be the Stealth. Every time I see it...I am in awe of how beautiful a machine can be.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Love the old planes, and the men that flew them!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Awesome picture. I had the opportunity to tour the inside on a B once. I could no afford the ride at the time, but to be inside that plane, I flt like I was in a very special place.

VIP Member
    I was just reading a news article about the underwater recovery of a Stuka Ju87 from WWII, they seem to think it's in good enough shape to rebuild !!!!

The story about the Stuka also linked a 2011 B-17 crash, the "Liberty Bell". I didn't know about it, that's so sad, one less flying B-17

WWII bomber that made fiery landing in Aurora cornfield had maintenance over weekend - chicagotribune.com
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    After 20 years in the Air Force, I've seen more than my share of air shows...but there's nothing like the sound of a WWII vintage flying machine to get my heart pumping! Jets be damn--give me a big, old radial any day.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I miss flying.... And I love the old warbirds... If I were a rich man..... sigh...

Thanks for the pic... and the stories, guys...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links