For those that blame businesses for hiring illegal workers.... - Page 3

For those that blame businesses for hiring illegal workers....

This is a discussion on For those that blame businesses for hiring illegal workers.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Folks, be careful about your zeal for a paper please society. It will bite good people in the butt and be used as a tool ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: For those that blame businesses for hiring illegal workers....

Folks, be careful about your zeal for a paper please society. It will bite good people in the butt and be used
    as a tool against freedom by the criminal in the political world
    Bingo!!!

Don't ever let your drivers license expire, especially in OK. i sat in a grungy room at the state police barracks along with about 20 other folks all day long while mine was reinstated. If you don't have your birth certificate you are skewered.

i have hired hundreds of folks over the years. Did the hiring for two large construction firms for several years: Most of those employees were immigrants. If the applicant produces the document/s listed on the I-9 the employer is covered.

The DOJ... seems to have been making every effort over the last 3 yrs to stop any "screening for applicants who are here illegally" .... so , it's not new.

However, it needs to change.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    The DOJ... seems to have been making every effort over the last 3 yrs to stop any "screening for applicants who are here illegally" .... so , it's not new.

However, it needs to change.
    Eagleks, this is ridiculous. I'm sorry. They require the employers to obtain the documents required for the I-9.
    They arrest and fine companies and company officials who don't do the required paperwork. To say that
    what you have said really doesn't comport with the facts.

Its easy to toss broad accusations around like that, but the bottom line is employers know what the law
    is. They can follow it, and they can ignore it. If they ignore it, sometimes (as with any crime-- sometimes, not
    every time) they will get caught.

Honestly, I don't know where some of this stuff comes from except peoples imaginations.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links