Why Police Never Smile

This is a discussion on Why Police Never Smile within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I watched this video last night after my brother told me about it. here's the link if the video doesn't embed correctly... http://youtu.be/BavlmiQ0cDE Thanks for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Why Police Never Smile

Why Police Never Smile

I watched this video last night after my brother told me about it.

here's the link if the video doesn't embed correctly... http://youtu.be/BavlmiQ0cDE

Thanks for reading

iKelvin

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I smile every chance I get...

Why?

You'll dont know when they'll go away...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Good video thanks for posting
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    yet people choose this for their living. its a free choice.
    they have their reasons.
    i believe as many families have a generational blue streak in them that the decision is
    made with lots of advance knowledge.
    and even those who do not have a dad or grand dad to look to, have trained and studied -- college is required in many fields of law enforcement.
    one does not wake up and say im going to apply to be a police officer like getting a job with a lawn service.

like a teacher or a accountant, its a choice.
    they are doing what they chose to do, eyes wide open.
    not like the draft of WW l or ll

special is becoming overdone.
    ----------------
    because the police are not there to protect the individual
    and there are not enough of them anyways.....

are those of us who chose to protect ourselves...special also?
    Chevy-SS and jbum like this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    special is becoming overdone.
    ----------------
    because the police are not there to protect the individual
    and there are not enough of them anyways.....

are those of us who chose to protect ourselves...special also?
    I think it's so contradictory for someone to say police do not protect the individual. Realistically, We made the laws that they enforce. No system is perfect but they are always defending and upholding the laws we create to keep society safe. They protect and save lives everyday.

I wasn't saying that they're poor innocent souls thrown into a horrible job, but they give with their lives every day, just like the military, to maintain some safety in society. It's a slippery slope when you start saying that police are no longer special they're just average joe's.

And you taking up arms and maintaining a way to defend yourself is not special it's smart. They protect and uphold, we only defend.

Quote Originally Posted by iKelvin View Post
    ..... It's a slippery slope when you start saying that police are no longer special they're just average joe's. ....

No, it's not a "slippery slope".

Police are absolutely, positively just like all of us - we are all "average joe's". And IMHO, most "average joe's" are fine, upstanding citizens that contribute greatly to society, while a few others become liabilities.

Peace
    atctimmy, jbum, CIBMike and 1 others like this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    No, it's not a "slippery slope".

Police are absolutely, positively just like all of us - we are all "average joe's". And IMHO, most "average joe's" are fine, upstanding citizens that contribute greatly to society, while a few others become liabilities.

Peace
    I really don't want to just argue my point, or argue for all for that matter. by special I meant important, not like their super human or elite. Yes, their average people just like you and me, but they elected to defend something they believe in.

I apologize that I didn't better communicate my point. Instead of special, possibly better explained as important or indispensable.

If you can look at that video and @ 1:30 watch that cop get shot repeatedly for defending the anti-drug laws we have in place for the safety of society, and think it's no big deal then your priories are out of line.

Thanks for posting. Video does give you a glimps into the life of an active duty LEO. There are also many rewarding aspects of the job which help make up for some of the bad.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    That was gut-wrenching. Thanks for the link, and thank-you to our LEO's.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    important or indispensableas are teachers, firemen, soldiers and most any one who has made a decision to do something--

to do something well....to try and make a differance in the lives of others.
    some guide others, some save others, some defend the freedoms and rights of others
    and some dress fancy and jabber a lot; especially around election time
    the many pick up after each other, shuffle mostly meaningless pieces of paper or spend a good part
    of our lives moving things from one place to another. we are the foundation of society.

special is for those very few in each generation that devote their lives to a discovery or a cause that makes a differance for all peoples;
    initiates or invents a thing or a way that moves us all foward in a positive way.
    eg: a vaccine, a medical proceedure (the 1st heart transplant) a mathmatical formula...

the masses, us, me--we keep the system going for those few.

----------
    Chevy gets it.

and it may make one feel small but for the fact that to the ones in each family circle--we are special.
    Last edited by claude clay; June 29th, 2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: clearity
    hinkleid likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    important or indispensableas are teachers, firemen, soldiers and most any one who has made a decision to do something--

to do something well....to try and make a differance in the lives of others.
    some guide others, some save others, some defend the freedoms and rights of others
    and some dress fancy and jabber a lot; especially around election time
    the many pick up after each other, shuffle meaningless pieces of paper or spend a good part
    of our lives moving things from one place to another.

special is for those very few in each generation that devote their lives to a discovery or a cause that makes a differance for all peoples;
    initiates in a way that moves us all foward in a positive way.
    eg: a vaccine, a medical proceedure (the 1st heart transplant) a mathmatical formula...

the masses, us, me--we keep the system going for those few.

----------
    Chevy gets it.

and it may make one feel small but for the fact that to the ones in each family circle--we are special.
    Thanks for the opinion, God bless.

Great video!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish some people who say " Thats what my son would look like" would watch this. I never had to serve ( my son is 14 yr. USAF) and never wanted to be a cop, but I am damed proud to know a lot of you guys and girls who make it easy for me to live my life the way I want to. I know you can't be everywhere everytime so I carry to protect me and mine. You are special in my heart and mind. As the old sargent on Hill Street Blues always said, " Ya'll stay safe out there."
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

P95
    Hard to watch...but...it was an everyday choice for them.

Not to make light of it but LOL HOMOCIDE?

Seriously though, I for one am gratefull to all those who support and stand behind the police when they can.

Every Officer should start off as the average Joe. In fact IMO thats a prerequsite for becoming a good cop.
    Most of the officers I have known and worked with smiled all the time. But I get the flavor of the film. The police have a most difficult job. That is true.
    hogdaddy likes this.

When you have to deal with the worst of society every day, day in,day out, its no wonder. Theres another thread running that questions wheather or not to inform of CCW in a traffic stop. Just tell them as a professional courtesy, they don't need to be made any more on edge than they already are in a traffic stop. God bless them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links