/border-patrol-union-

This is a discussion on /border-patrol-union- within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Welcome BC and Tayopo.... I just retired this year 226-10. BP Agents are not too good at hiding from bad guys. That personality does not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: /border-patrol-union-

Welcome BC and Tayopo.... I just retired this year 226-10.

BP Agents are not too good at hiding from bad guys. That personality does not do well there, well, OK maybe now with the PC crowd being hired now.
    Tayopo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

If its called an active shooter class why would they teach agents to hide. It's hard to find rocks with a specific caliber. I just can't believe that even if directed to do so that an agent would cower in a corner
    Tayopo likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Our"Active Shooter" class was different...

Our "active shooter" course taught us to aggressively initiate contact with the shooter, (even to the extent that we would normally wait for backup). The theory is that the sooner you can start delivering the firefight to the shooter, the more innocents that you can save. Most of these "active shooters" are basically cowards preying upon unarmed civilians, the sooner you can "light up" these maggots, the more people you save. I'm a veteran, I LOVE cover, and concealment. I also know that I'm not John Wayne, and this ain't the movies...but I swore an oath to protect. I'm thankful to work for an agency, that will cover my behind, should I find it necessary to use deadly force. Be safe brothers, and sisters...It's getting crazy out there!

Why am I not surprised that this was reported by Fox news...
    Hopyard likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Let me know when the mandate comes down for all BP Agents to "Shoot'em in the leg"

With this Administration, I'm suprised it hasn't been put into effect yet.

Until then,, lets all say a prayer they all stay safe down by Hell's gate.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Hola RBPC Ferg my amigo, 40Bob & hopyard. Just found the way back to this area. Yes, ladies and gentlemen Ferg hosts the NAFBPO, and

--> [usbp-discussion@googlegroups.com] <-- join it for direct posts and reports from x Border Patol officers and intelligence gathered from around the world.

Feg and his group were considered the same as The Texas or Arizona Rangers in their days of active service, men that I was proud to serve with and know..

You had better believe that neither Ferg, nor his friends, would do as suggested, in fact, probably would 'welcome' the diversion he he he ..

Saludos Mi Amigo

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to Live, not live to exist"
    Hopyard and Bad Bob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Why am I not surprised that this was reported by Fox news...
    Don't totally discount Fox News. If its up to the main stream media we would only get the left slant. I want both sides vision to decide for myself. I heard the story on Fox but I'm smart enough to see which way the floor was leaning.
    Badey likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Don't totally discount Fox News. If its up to the main stream media we would only get the left slant. I want both sides vision to decide for myself. I heard the story on Fox but I'm smart enough to see which way the floor was leaning.

I find it interesting that people don't count Fox as "mainstream media". According to Fox, they are the most trusted and most watched news network in the country. If that's not the definition of main stream I don't know what is.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I find it interesting that people don't count Fox as "mainstream media". According to Fox, they are the most trusted and most watched news network in the country. If that's not the definition of main stream I don't know what is.
    That's their definition. May be main stream to you but just a different view point to me. No more than CBC or NBC. Surprises me what some folks will argue about. Good Lord
    Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links