Is there an "insurgency" building on our front porch?

This is a discussion on Is there an "insurgency" building on our front porch? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would argue to say, in Mexico, and along our border, we're beginning to see the effects of what many would call, an insurgency. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is there an "insurgency" building on our front porch?

I would argue to say, in Mexico, and along our border, we're beginning to see the effects of what many would call, an insurgency. The below info in the quotes was written by someone else on another board I attend, but, I found it highly thought provoking, and brings about some good discussion.

Posted by Static-Line on Armyparatrooper.org;
    - Increasingly weak and corrupt government that can't extend it's influence beyond the Federal District- CHECK
    - Anti-government organizations engaging in criminal and terrorist activity to further their endstate (aka "CONTROL") (murder for hire, drug trade, prostitution, VBIEDs, complex attacks on Military installations, ambushes on patrols, illegal checkpoints for tolls etc)- CHECK
    - A steady flow of weapons leaving the hands of government military and other security personnel into insurgent control (US DoD miltary-grade weapons to SEDENA being given to Cartels via corrupt military/law enforcement personnel)- CHECK
    - Anti-government forces engaging in an effective IO campaign via multi-media (ref-narcorridos, execution videos, blogs, night letters etc)- CHECK
    - Ritualistic executions of government and military officials (ref- "Santa Muerta," La Familia's "purification" of enemies" through fire and Los Zetas decapitations)- CHECK
    - Ties to foreign intelligence services/military organizations (ref-Los Zetas ties to members of the Guatemalan Kabiles, Venezualan SOF community, Cuban Intelligence etc)- CHECK
    - Anti-Government forces waging an effective non-lethal campaign to win the local populace to their side (ref- cartels offering jobs, benefits, governance and SECURITY)- CHECK
    - Anti-Government forces successfully compromise an influential political party that may possibly make significant gains in the upcoming election (ref-the PRD and ties to La Familia and to a lesser extent Los Zetas)- CHECK
    Looks an awful lot like an insurgency when you really think about it.
    Bark'n, RayBar, ANGLICO and 3 others like this.

I live 20 miles from the Border,they have actually found and arrested several high ranking Cartel Members living in South Texas,and recently arrested the relatives of known Cartel members for laundering drug money thru Real Estate and Racing Horse Stables here in Texas
    PIMking likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Seeing as they just had elections it will be interesting to see if there will be any changes of if the current situation remains the same.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Seeing as they just had elections it will be interesting to see if there will be any changes of if the current situation remains the same.
    We can only hope. If I am remembering right, the new President of Mexico announced during his inaugural speech "I will bring an end to the Cartels", and a hand grenade flew out onto the stage. He basically declared war on them, and they tried assassinating him within minutes. Gonna heat up down there I would think.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustover View Post
    We can only hope. If I am remembering right, the new President of Mexico announced during his inaugural speech "I will bring an end to the Cartels", and a hand grenade flew out onto the stage. He basically declared war on them, and they tried assassinating him within minutes. Gonna heat up down there I would think.
    Talk about a staged event. Mexicans don't want violence. PRI dealt with cartels before, and, I expect, will do so again. We'll leave you alone under these conditions. Path of least resistance. Everybody gets a paycheck. Even some gringos.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

This doesn't look like good news.......

Mexico returns former ruling party to power

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico's old guard sailed back into power after a 12-year hiatus Sunday as the official preliminary vote count handed a victory to Enrique Pena Nieto, whose party was long accused of ruling the country through corruption and patronage.
    Mexico returns former ruling party to power - Yahoo! News
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I don't know if there is an insurgency building or not but I am cautious enough to favor building a wall with funds pulled from foreign aid to the Egypt's newly elected Muslim Brotherhood administration and the Hamas/PLO rats nest bordering Israel. Then use drone technology to patrol it instead of spying on US citizens ala George Orwell's "1984". But then again I suppose there are those who would brand me a "bitter clinger".

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico's old guard sailed back into power after a 12-year hiatus Sunday as the official preliminary vote count handed a victory to Enrique Pena Nieto, whose party was long accused of ruling the country through corruption and patronage.
    Exactly my thoughts.... that corruption and patronage at least made Mexico a safer place for a gringo to take a vacation... I wouldn't have gone there on a free ride for the last decade or so...

Just like Cuba was a nice place to visit back when the mob owned it... Mexico might fare better under a corrupt rule.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

anyone ever been fishing and found a "honey hole" that produced fish day after day? always there is another fish moved in the next day to be caught. the drug industry works a lot like that. take out the reigning drug cartel and another takes its place ... same thing works for crooked goverments.

sent from my sending device

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    The question I would ask is "Generally speaking, do the cartels want a change in government/type of government?"

No they don't. They just want to be left alone to make money.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

With the election result just in and the winning party's stated intent to reduce efforts against the cartel's, violence may drop in mexico. I can't say that I blame them too much. Why should they get shot up in an effort to stem the flow of drugs to America. It's our demand for drugs that's creating the problem.

seems to me that a great deal of this is caused by prohibition, at least the part about it spilling into the US, but that's just my .02
    Walk Soft likes this.

I'm amazed there are any Mexicans left in Mexico.....they are all here doing our lawns, cleaning our pools, and working at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Six months here living ten to a room, working for minimum wage, and back to Me-he-co to buy their dream villa.

I'm not worried about the Drug Cartels coming across the border into Texas and Arizona. I've lived in Texas and been to Arizona. Let the cartels mess with the unarmed Mexican people and rack up a scary body count against unarmed civilians, and try the same thing on a Texan or Arizona resident with a safe full of weapons that would be the envy of many third world countries. Sucks when the "peoples" shoot back. The saying "Don't Mess with Texas" seems appropriate.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post

Sure does look like bad news, I don't see how anything positive could come from it. Granted, in some places in the world "corrupt" governments, often give stabalization and security to their own people. But for the U.S., its bad news, because it just offers more power to the enablers whom are giving us issues concerning dugs, weapons, and violence, etc.
    Last edited by Dustover; July 4th, 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Grammatical mistake

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I live 20 miles from the Border,they have actually found and arrested several high ranking Cartel Members living in South Texas,and recently arrested the relatives of known Cartel members for laundering drug money thru Real Estate and Racing Horse Stables here in Texas

This guy has them!

Thank you for not being a sheeple and doing the right thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links