Defensive Carry banner

5 soldiers wounded by someone in Afghan Army uniform

700 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  IsaiahM33 
#1 ·
#3 ·
This type thing will continue on as the US pulls out and the money stops flowing.

We have trained and armed thousands of Afghans under the premise of police who in turn go right back to the drug or warlord that sent them to the training in the first place. I just read in Stars and Stripes that up to 80 something Afghan "Police" simply traded sides in one province and are now fighting with the insurgents with all the equipment that we just gave them. I have seen it time and time again.

These guys go from being a cop one day, opium farmer the next to insurgents firing rockets all in the same week. They are loyal to whomever is paying the most money at that particular time.

#5 ·
Msgt you are correct. Same thing, different faces.

Reactions: msgt/ret
#7 ·
Wow. Agree with above post that this Admin and State Department (heck add the CIA and a couple of other 3 letter Agencies into this mix) have reduced the standards of counter-intel and undermined the already abtrosiously restrictive ROE they are inflicting on Combat Units there. Almost back to the days of Lebanon, when US Soldiers and US Marines were there (oh, about 19 years ago).

Boom! Everyone lay down, you are dead.... ROE made by people who never put anything on but the CPA Uniform.

This is a war, being run by your current government, being run by the Hippies of the 60's. Your Government is being run by very rich 1%er HIPPIES!

#8 ·
Rules of Engagement? What?

Soldier: uh, command come in

Command: Go ahead Delta342

Soldier: we're taking saf from roughly 50 insurgents requesting permission to fire back

Command: negative Delta342, bad guys may be killed

Soldier: thanks command, make sure you tell my family I love them

It's sad the our fighting men and women have their hands tied behind their backs too.

#9 ·
I think we should amend the requirements for serving in Congress to include a mimimum of four years active duty service, preferably in a war zone. Our soldier's lives seem cheap and meaningless to many (I would argue most) of our elected officials. Maybe more of them would have a little empathy if they had actually marched in their shoes for a while. It wouldn't eliminate the problem but it might help. Just a thought...

#11 ·
Sounds like you are definitely on to something. Best thing would be for a DI to get in there! I'm sure he would clean house quick. I still say all the scum we pay to "live out life behind bars" should be dropped over there and all our troops pulled out. Let the scum we are paying to die in prison actually do one good deed before they die. And the perverts who mess with kids......accidentally get the packs with no parachute. :sly:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#10 ·
Unfortunately this has been the norm since WWII. Starting with Korea the politicians have let world opinion dictate how we fight a war, not the soldiers in the field.

#12 ·
God bless our young men and women serving there. It's a shame to lose our blood and treasure over a barbaric feudal/tribal culture ingrained to hate us infidels. War is deception.

Reactions: Sig35seven
#13 ·
Agreed!!! Why the heck are we still there? If anything people should be up in arms about it's this so called 'War'. Deception? You got that right and many of these young soldiers are paying with their lives and limbs.

People criticize the Hippies of the 60's but at least they marched on Washington to stop Vietnam. People are passive about this war and do nothing.

#14 ·
I never trusted any Afghani or Iraqi, despite being spoon fed the "party" line from the army. Quick story. 2009, Mosul, Iraq, I was with Task Force North (no, I'm not a cool guy, but I DID hang out with some!) when a Captain from the 1st Cav division said "There aren't any bad guys around here!" Little did he know we were going out weekly doing snatch and grabs in the area. I'm always surprised at how naive some people can be...especially those that should know better. For political correctness, the current Administration refuses to even acknowledge that there is a threat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.