Home owner shoots home invader. - Page 2

Home owner shoots home invader.

This is a discussion on Home owner shoots home invader. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He wasn't fleeing, he was going to his car for a weapon...... Or I thought he was......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Home owner shoots home invader.

He wasn't fleeing, he was going to his car for a weapon...... Or I thought he was...
    barstoolguru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It mentions the homeowner fired three more times as the intruder tried to flee.

This is a sore subject with me when unscrupulous prosecutors choose to try and gig the defending party for not being instantaneously able to turn off the adrenalin rush in the midst of life or death combat. We all must be careful and have to ability to show restraint once the threat has technically ended and the attacker flees. I say, that is tough to do when moments ago, someone was trying to kill you.

I'm glad the homeowner and his family were unharmed and I hope the prosecutor leaves it at that, and won't pursue any charges.
    I hear ya and you're absolutely 100% correct, however...

By virtue of invading my my home for assumed deadly reasons... While inside my abode, I won't care if they're facing me, sideways or their back's to me. As long as they're standing in my house, they and/or them are a deadly threat.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It mentions the homeowner fired three more times as the intruder tried to flee.

This is a sore subject with me when unscrupulous prosecutors choose to try and gig the defending party for not being instantaneously able to turn off the adrenalin rush in the midst of life or death combat. We all must be careful and have to ability to show restraint once the threat has technically ended and the attacker flees. I say, that is tough to do when moments ago, someone was trying to kill you.

I'm glad the homeowner and his family were unharmed and I hope the prosecutor leaves it at that, and won't pursue any charges.
    he is good to go.... polk co is in texas... we can shoot fleeing felons
    Bark'n likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    He wasn't fleeing, he was going to his car for a weapon...... Or I thought he was...
    Or...I thought I heard him mumble, "I'll get my car gun and kill your whole family." The words being related by a good attorney, of course.
    gasmitty and oneshot like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    if his county is LIBERAL.

Do those exist in Texas?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post

"Officer, I have no idea why the man would try to attack me while running backwards. He must have been on drugs or something."
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I understood the Homeowner fired additional shots outside the house to only disable the getaway vehicle and prevent him from attacking someone else. They did show a shot out tire on the van. I can only assume he targeted the tires and maybe the engine block.

I don't expect the Homeowner will get much grief since the evidence will show the tires shot at.

I'd let him walk on this one if I were on the Grand Jury!

But, I do live in Teas too!

Still I wonder why he didn't put more center mass shots in the Perp when he was in the house.
    Must have been quick as a rabbit once the lead started coming at him.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links