"Study finds stray-bullet shootings frequently harm women and children" - Page 2

"Study finds stray-bullet shootings frequently harm women and children"

This is a discussion on "Study finds stray-bullet shootings frequently harm women and children" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This study confirms what I've been saying. I think it's time for us to stop shooting at those stray bullets so much!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Study finds stray-bullet shootings frequently harm women and children"

This study confirms what I've been saying. I think it's time for us to stop shooting at those stray bullets so much!
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

Millions of dollars spent on a study that determined the population demographics of the victims of random acts mirrors the overall general population demographics...amazing.

I spent 47 cents conducting a study that concluded 74.6% of all statistics are made up randomly on the spot. Maybe it will make its way into the New England Journal of Medicine.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    This study confirms what I've been saying. I think it's time for us to stop shooting at those stray bullets so much!
    Why not just 'ban' stray bullets altogether!
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    I believe it. It's ball in the face factor.
    You take a female to the park, gym, or sporting event, they are 80 times likelier to get smashed in the face with a loose ball than a male. I don't know how this happens but I've seen it so I'm making up the statistic.
    I've seen it and know exactly why it happens. I'm referring to baseball games here. I see foul balls hit into the stands and watch where it hits and right in that area there are always several females with their heads turned to one another yakking their fool heads off. Men actually watch the game and see the fouls coming. I was at a Durham Bulls game where a woman got hit in the forehead by a bat. She was behind the third base dugout, right-handed hitter lost control and off his club went. How do you not see that coming? By not paying attention, and women (and probably children) are much more guilty of that at a ballgame.

I would guess that the majority of the stray bullets that hit someone were not shot into the air, but shot at someone, as in drive by or neighborhood shootout. I would bet a high precentage of those doing the shooting were breaking the law just by have a gun.
    This is not something caused by law abiding citizens conduct lawful activities. I am sure the only solution will be to but restrictions on folks that obey the law. That will do nothing to solve the problem. Putting the drive by shooters, felon in possion of a firearm, armed drug dealers and gang bangers in jail is the solution. You will never be able to convince law makers and judges that punishing law breakers is the answer.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

The vast majority of "stray bullets" that hit women and children are fired by gang bangers and driveby shooters.

The shootings were concentrated in big cities, and included scenarios involving violent conflicts (59.2 percent), hunting and other shooting sports (7.4 percent), and unknown activities (22.9 percent). Despite its frequent occurrence, celebratory gunfire related to holidays such as July 4th caused relatively few stray bullet injuries, accounting for less than 5 percent of the cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Why not just 'ban' stray bullets altogether!
    Look, it's not the stray bullets hurting people! It's people shooting AT those stray bullets that's causing all the problem.

Stray bullets don't kill people, man. Shooting stray bullets accidentally kills people!
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links